• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Vortex Impact 4000 Rifle/Rail mounted Range finder???

I've been waiting years for a WMLR that could potentially be available outside the US, anyone able to confirm if this is going to be available internationally? I've asked my gun shop to annoy the importer about them already, very keen to say the least. Sincerely, an Aussie that isn't rich or well connected enough to get a raptar out of the US.

Reactions: NHPiper
I've been waiting years for a WMLR that could potentially be available outside the US, anyone able to confirm if this is going to be available internationally? I've asked my gun shop to annoy the importer about them already, very keen to say the least. Sincerely, an Aussie that isn't rich or well connected enough to get a raptar out of the US.
I'll send you an Impact 4000 and you send me a Schmidt 6-36x56 without the crippled FOV ;)

They will get here man, have spoken to a few tight lipped people. Vortex has a big task, getting them to suppliers all over but they’ll get here eventually. 👍

can anyone confirm if the remote has a means to tether to the rifle? I'm afraid that if it gets knocked off a velcro mount its gonna go missing.

I was just laughing at the fact that you assume that tons of people don’t already have them… maybe they’re just abiding by the terms of their NDAs like good dealers 🤓
I wasn't assuming anything. The post I responded to said:
I am really hopingSkyScrapin is able to get these units in pretty quick. He is my go to guy for this kind of stuff ;)
Last time I talked to Wig about it he said their shipment was coming any time now, but were required to wait until the official release before they could ship.

da fuck you talkin about willis. wheres this unit listed anywhere?

Says he’s got 4. Can’t wait to see how these do

Well damn, I just sold two radius (radii?) back in February because I never used them but suddenly I have an urge to buy this despite the fact that I will probably never use it.

I wonder why they went away from AB, since their Fury Binos use AB
Most likely licensing fees which would not allow control of overall unit pricing. Calls to Vortex as of Feb 2023 revealed as much. On a technical advisory call during one of Frank and Marc's trainings, they said the acquistion arrangement was more cost-effective going forward with their own system; acquired or otherwise. Have to see how it pans out going forward given Applied Ballistics' wide market presence.

Reactions: R_A_W
Most likely licensing fees which would not allow control of overall unit pricing. Calls to Vortex as of Feb 2023 revealed as much. On a technical advisory call during one of Frank and Marc's trainings, they said the acquistion arrangement was more cost-effective going forward with their own system; acquired or otherwise. Have to see how it pans out going forward given Applied Ballistics' wide market presence.
Vortex purchased GeoBallistics which is a competitor to AB, why pay AB fees when you can use your own ballistics engine, everything going forward from Vortex I imagine will be GB which I think will make Vortex products with GB inherently cheaper than other manufacturers who have to pay licensing to AB for using their engine and data. If you look at some of the Razor 4000 GB threads you will find most have tested AB vs. GB and found almost exact match so I doubt anyone can blame GB for a missed shot (though many likely will because let's face it, we always like to blame an error on our part on something else ;))

Wonder how you sight these units in? I’m assuming they don’t have a vis laser like the raptar or sico ?

At that price and performance it can only be 905nm.
The Sig 10k LRF binos are 905 and they are pretty nasty piece of kit. So I wouldn’t judge that like we did in the past.

Vortex purchased GeoBallistics which is a competitor to AB, why pay AB fees when you can use your own ballistics engine, everything going forward from Vortex I imagine will be GB which I think will make Vortex products with GB inherently cheaper than other manufacturers who have to pay licensing to AB for using their engine and data. If you look at some of the Razor 4000 GB threads you will find most have tested AB vs. GB and found almost exact match so I doubt anyone can blame GB for a missed shot (though many likely will because let's face it, we always like to blame an error on our part on something else ;))
GB definitely matches my dope was with in a 10th out to 900 without tuning. you can down load the app and try it for free…

The Sig 10k LRF binos are 905 and they are pretty nasty piece of kit. So I would just that like we did in the past.

GB definitely matches my dope was with in a 10th out to 900 without tuning. you can down load the app and try it for free…
Bottom line is AB isn’t the only game in town and I don’t think anyone will give a crap if GB works.

(Shut up 4dof, no one was talking to you.) 😂

Does GB have doppler radar drag models in their bullet library? I downloaded it and I see some bullets are identified as (Litz) and some as (multi BC) but is that Litz obtained G7 BC or is it doppler radar CDMs? Website and manual doesn't say (at least I can't find the answer specifically).

The Sig 10k LRF binos are 905 and they are pretty nasty piece of kit. So I wouldn’t judge that like we did in the past.
I think you missed understood. I was basically saying that if you could magically find a 1550 at this price it would not even remotely perform as well as the 905 product this thread is about.

Last edited:
Reactions: POGPride
IMG_3833.jpeg

Time to see how the Bluetooth connectivity works.

Reactions: NHPiper and Tperry
I have been super impressed with these… I was getting returns pretty much instantly on nothing but dirt and trees past 3200 yards.

It’s a little taller than the raptor, and weighs 6 ounces more. But in every other measurable way, it crush is the RAPTAR. It is more precise, has a faster return, and the ballistics lined up immediately to my Kestrel. (With in a 10th without truing)

I’m sure the Mars and MRF are better units… but they are not 8K better. Anyone who says differently is being an elitist.

The map feature in GeoBallistics is also pretty nasty stuff! See images below

71650360542__23756F2B-B0C0-42F4-AABE-91A3B9CAE908.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5926.jpeg
    IMG_5926.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_5929.jpeg
    IMG_5929.jpeg
    425.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_5927.jpeg
    IMG_5927.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 268