• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Vortex Impact 4000 Rifle/Rail mounted Range finder???

Would like to see v2 with a USB-C plug for external battery and computer connection as backup for Bluetooth...
Once I get one here and have a look, it may be possible to make a replacement cap for external power using the same basic parts I use for the NVG/COTI USB battery power options.

Once I get one here and have a look, it may be possible to make a replacement cap for external power using the same basic parts I use for the NVG/COTI USB battery power options.
That would be brilliant if it worked out that easy 👍

That would be brilliant if it worked out that easy 👍
Battery and circuitry are easy, the cap looks like a PITA. Negative side of the unit, so there's a spring in there no doubt and its recessed. I'd hate to have to machine the cap rather than print it, but I have no doubt it can be done, more about how much it would cost to do it small scale.

So…can I push profiles from the app to the unit? I do not want to go in and manually reprogram/rename all that stuff in the Impact 4000 if I can avoid it.

My unit and app do not seem to be working the way it shows in the manual and videos…

@Scott_at_Vortex

So…can I push profiles from the app to the unit? I do not want to go in and manually reprogram/rename all that stuff in the Impact 4000 if I can avoid it.

My unit and app do not seem to be working the way it shows in the manual and videos…

@Scott_at_Vortex
you will probably want to indicate android or iPhone going forward. my shooting partner and i each have one of each, and there are many differences in setup. I had a bullet profile pushed from my iphone that his android pulled from LRF on startup of app. Its a syncing feature every time you restart the app I believe. Please know I am no expert here, been setting up all week and going to zero and run it tomorrow from 500 to a mile and do a side by comparison with 5700 if all goes well.

Reactions: DIBBS
iPhone (iOS and app are up to date)

ETA: just tried and it connects to my work phone just fine, but not the personal phone I run everything off of…still can’t figure out how to get profiles to push from app to device.

Last edited:
Someone was asking me about setting it up and keeping it under 12lbs for comps. It's easily doable, even with a double Ckye-Pod, suppressed, and all the other normal accessories you could throw on.

0M6A6180sml.jpg

0M6A6197sml.jpg

Does anyone have experience mounting to an ARC M-BRACE Mount LRF Bridge? I'm concerned that its lower and a smaller mounting surface than other bridges.

Does anyone have experience mounting to an ARC M-BRACE Mount LRF Bridge? I'm concerned that its lower and a smaller mounting surface than other bridges.
Mine mounts up fine. I have the Impact on another rig and only clamped it in(on) to see functionality. The only concern I have is when I dial up towards the top, the screen is pretty much blocked from cheek weld. I’m sure other glass mount combos are different. I may return and go side saddle.

Reactions: Empty_Syrup777
Mine mounts up fine. I have the Impact on another rig and only clamped it in(on) to see functionality. The only concern I have is when I dial up towards the top, the screen is pretty much blocked from cheek weld. I’m sure other glass mount combos are different. I may return and go side saddle.
Gotcha. Yeah that's what I'm concerned about. Thanks for the response. What optic are you running?

Valdata precision in MOA to make matters worse. Probably will live on a gasser with MilRad glass.

Is anyone concerned about data collection and sharing capabilities of this unit?

Is anyone concerned about data collection and sharing capabilities of this unit?
You have the option to go dark and use as a stand alone I believe. It will not work with location disabled on you phone if using with app.

Has anybody else noticed this oblong shape for the vis laser? First pic is 10yds, second is 100.
PXL_20231017_011554807.jpg
PXL_20231003_005553884.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RS14
Can this device connect to a Kestrel or similar device via Bluetooth and get Environmental data like wind speed & direction?

Yes. You can either use the built-in weather meter or connect to a Kestrel.

Gents,
Those of you that are night hunting, how is doing? Good range results? Can you dim down the back light enough? Anyone else have short battery life like one poster?
Thanks!

Can you dim down the back light enough?
Not hunting, but am doing night shooting, and no, it still blazes like a thousand suns on a dark night with the display set to the lowest setting. It’s my only real issue with the unit.

Reactions: ST42
Gents,
Those of you that are night hunting, how is doing? Good range results? Can you dim down the back light enough? Anyone else have short battery life like one poster?
Thanks!

It doesn't like ranging through openings in trees or behind shrubs as well as my radius.
I'm going to try adding a piece of tail-light tape over the display.

I've had mine for a few weeks and am still on the original battery with quite a bit of time just messing around the house.

Overall, I'm thrilled with the unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: ST42
Radius was totally visible day and night. Blue data on black display.

43910144084_a6cfee681c_k.jpg

And showed up to to 3 different distances (first, best, last ?) VERY useful for shooting through tree lines.

==

I copied the radius display idea for the HPR devices:

44555528755_d01eaa4de2_k.jpg

Same result, visible night and day.

Last edited:
Ordered a unit from @SkyScrapin and it's already in the mail - thanks Preston!. I hope to get it out at Quantico this weekend.

@Scott_at_Vortex Most 123s are 3v, but some rechargeable 123s are 3.7v. Can the 4000 use the 3.7v 123s?

Thanks for the business @Defender3 - Enjoy!

We've got a number in stock and shipping daily.

Not hunting, but am doing night shooting, and no, it still blazes like a thousand suns on a dark night with the display set to the lowest setting. It’s my only real issue with the unit.
To knock down the brightness, a hack could be to tape a Neutral Density (ND) gel filter over the display. Wouldn’t change the color cast. Use them in the photography world.

They come in different strengths (darknesses). Here’s a low-strength one. Lee is a good brand. Cut out a piece and somehow affix it to the display.

Yeah, I do something similar with Magnetospeed blinky-lighty thingies.

I killed the battery it came with just playing with the unit a few times. Not sure if it was a good battery to start with. A friend of mine got one with a bad battery for the remote.

I’ve since put another battery in my unit and it’s nearly dead. However I’m not confident that was a new battery it just what I had on me when the original died.
Gents,
Thanks!

I keep seeing people want to do a comparison against the SilencerCo Radius, but here's the thing... it's no longer even an option. They're no longer repairing them, so it's really a poor comparison to new products that are serviceable. You can love the Radius all you want, but once it goes down you're holding a mere paperweight.

Reactions: 96C
Would this be to heavy or bulky to put on a battle rifle/dmr style ar10. Anyone set it up like that yet or no.

I keep seeing people want to do a comparison against the SilencerCo Radius, but here's the thing... it's no longer even an option. They're no longer repairing them, so it's really a poor comparison to new products that are serviceable. You can love the Radius all you want, but once it goes down you're holding a mere paperweight.
Haven't asked again lately, but there were still some folks at sico that were familiar with the unit and were happy to look at them to see if they could fix them.

Haven't asked again lately, but there were still some folks at sico that were familiar with the unit and were happy to look at them to see if they could fix them.

I can't go into details, but once the few extra parts and extra units they had are gone, that was it. The people taking a "look at them" aren't really able to do much. That program died when they were having a hard time moving the units to begin with, and it wasn't until after they quit making them that the market turned and people who didn't have thousands of dollars to dump on WMLRF realized the value.

Would this be to heavy or bulky to put on a battle rifle/dmr style ar10. Anyone set it up like that yet or no.

Yes, I've set it up on my Seekins. As for whether or not it's too heavy or bulky, that's really subjective. I personally don't think so...

0M6A6410sml.jpg

0M6A6413sml.jpg

Perhaps I'm not saying what I'm trying to say correctly...
I can't go into details, but once the few extra parts and extra units they had are gone, that was it. The people taking a "look at them" aren't really able to do much. That program died when they were having a hard time moving the units to begin with, and it wasn't until after they quit making them that the market turned and people who didn't have thousands of dollars to dump on WMLRF realized the value.
Agreed, I was told the same about limited parts for repair, and no future plans to get more parts.

But... there was still knowledgeable staff that was able to fix an issue with the unit I was using. This convinced me to buy additional units knowing they would try.

The below post sounds like you were saying you knew they would no longer even attempt to repair one, and that was not my experience or understanding from them at the time.
I was simply expressing that sico was very helpful where they could be it seemed

At this point perhaps they won't even attempt to service one, but your statement sounded much more absolute than my previous experience with them would leave me to believe...

That's why I was specifying I hadn't contacted them lately...

Hope my rambling makes some sense

Agreed, I was told the same about limited parts for repair, and no future plans to get more parts.

But... there was still knowledgeable staff that was able to fix an issue with the unit I was using. This convinced me to buy additional units knowing they would try.

I never said they wouldn't attempt, I said the person looking at them really isn't able to do much. You were already told about limited parts for repair and no plans to get more parts for the future, and given just that statement alone, caveat emptor.

For the life of me I cannot get my remote to pair.

GeoB was upgraded when the unit and App paired, then I went though the pairing of the 4000. App shows GeoB and 4000 paired, and the devices (GeoB and 4000) show on the settings within the 4000 (also "Vortex" is showing as connected in Bluetooth on my iPotato).

Screenshot_2023-10-22_at_16_14_04-3000572.png

I followed the instructions and went back to the HUD, then hit the BT icon, then the Impact ellipse, which shows the remote and the plus sign (I'm doing this while the remote is on and blinking yellow). There is no auto pairing of the remote so I hit the + by the remote icon and no devices come up.

I've done this and differing sequences about 87 times now. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? TIA.

• Sad
Reactions: VSP968
For the life of me I cannot get my remote to pair.

GeoB was upgraded when the unit and App paired, then I went though the pairing of the 4000. App shows GeoB and 4000 paired, and the devices (GeoB and 4000) show on the settings within the 4000 (also "Vortex" is showing as connected in Bluetooth on my iPotato).

Screenshot_2023-10-22_at_16_14_04-3000572.png

I followed the instructions and went back to the HUD, then hit the BT icon, then the Impact ellipse, which shows the remote and the plus sign (I'm doing this while the remote is on and blinking yellow). There is no auto pairing of the remote so I hit the + by the remote icon and no devices come up.

I've done this and differing sequences about 87 times now. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? TIA.

On the remote, push the up and down arrow pads together at the same time and hold for a few seconds. The remote should pair and then blinking orange/yellow turns to blinking green

Reactions: Defender3
Reactions: TheOE800