• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST Gen II

I originally ordered the gen II 5x25 FFP MOA from Optics Planet, for $1079.99 -10%. They had a several week delay when I ordered, then immediately emailed after saying it would be 2-3 months, and suggested a Burris at the same price point.

When someone posted cameraland had them "in stock", I ordered from CL and canceled the OP order. The CL order was at full price. It appears they didn't have them in stock. I'll wait a full week for them to ship. Otherwise I'll just buy something else. I'm tired of chasing the latest & greatest.

Call CL tomorrow. If they're like most other vendors, they are drop shipping them directly FROM Vortex. Don't lose your place in line right before it moves. I've never ordered from them, but I'd call and talk to them asking when they're expecting to get you a shipping #. Hopefully you got a gift card or something if you paid full price. Given then they're a Hide vendor, you should get something other than 100% full price IMO.

OP... ugh. They are notorious for saying they'll have something very soon that no one else will get that soon... then they are delayed in shipment, but won't bill your CC... then are delayed again and again and again. Good news is that you do actually get your stuff or don't pay. Their timelines are optimistic to say the least, more false advertising than bait & switch.

We should know by the end of this week if everyone is all talk with no action. Vortex, OP and CL. I have so many scopes ordered from so many places if they all ship the same day I might need to be classified as a distributor.

We should know by the end of this week if everyone is all talk with no action. Vortex, OP and CL. I have so many scopes ordered from so many places if they all ship the same day I might need to be classified as a distributor.

Jealous... wish I had the free cash to pick up the Minox ZP5.

Just got of the phone with Doug @ Cameraland. Vortex hasn't shipped ANY, and won't this week. I canceled my order, and will never do business with them again. Scumbags.

Cameraland did charge my card , so they definately dont wait for shipping . I was told it would be a drop ship from vortex . I was really expecting it this week based on their B.S they fed me. I too cancelled my optics planet order and opted to pay the extra $124 in the process. starting to think long range isnt for me. everytime i go to buy something its backordered or a big hassle

Was waiting on these but could not take the drama. Blew the budget and got an AMG. It's mounted and good to go.

Cameraland did charge my card , so they definately dont wait for shipping . I was told it would be a drop ship from vortex . I was really expecting it this week based on their B.S they fed me. I too cancelled my optics planet order and opted to pay the extra $124 in the process. starting to think long range isnt for me. everytime i go to buy something its backordered or a big hassle

Pick up a Razor Gen2 4.5x or a Minox ZP5 MR4... you're bound to find either available.

If on a budget, get an Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x for $370 and play with that until you get exactly what you want and sell it for a slight loss. You might decide it's good enough for your purposes for now.

I've wasted so much time researching and trying to buy this, I'm probably done with Vortex too. Was planning to buy ~4 scopes this year. Now I need to find a new optics vendor, too.

as a note, it's useful when Hiders can share their experiences with vendors and ordering/pricing etc.

helps to know which ones are more upfront about what they can deliver on

in regards to optics vendor, call around. whoever has it at a price you can handle is your current vendor for that sale

CS, Euro, Liberty, Mile, SportO, etc. there are certainly enough of them to call around rather than waiting on a specific vendor; they're all in different stages of ordering/receiving/in queue for scopes

not that I work in the industry, but keeping anything is inventory is money lost. if you can't move it quickly, it will be sold at heavy discount later with the $$$ just sitting there collecting dust in a backroom/warehouse

Last edited:
Just got of the phone with Doug @ Cameraland. Vortex hasn't shipped ANY, and won't this week. I canceled my order, and will never do business with them again. Scumbags.
Doug is good people. He has more clout on this forum than you ever will.

You sound like a little bitch. You want a scope that has not even been released yet and want it yesterday. That is not how retail on planet earth works. You're a clown. Do you even shoot?

Reactions: brian2382
Bitch?

He first took my money for something he didn't have in stock, but said he did. He then lied to me in email and said it would ship by yesterday. I don't care how much clout he has on this forum. He dropped the ball big time with me. And that is all that matters to me.

He also told me in email he shipped some of these, Have you heard of anyone that has received one? Anyone?

Last edited:
Bitch?

He first took my money for something he didn't have in stock, but said he did. He then lied to me in email and said it would ship by yesterday. I don't care how much clout he has on this forum. He dropped the ball big time with me. And that is all that matters to me.

He also told me in email he shipped some of these, Have you heard of anyone that has received one? Anyone?

I am new here so I don't know any of y'all. I also ordered from CLNY. I figured they did not actually have them in hand since the posts they made on different forums say that they received notice of a delivery of the new scopes. I have bought many items from many different companies "pre-release". It is very common for manufacturers to be weeks or even months late on shipping out new products that are manufactured overseas. I don't think that is CLNY's fault. I don't even mind that they already charged my card for the item as long as it saves a scope for me from the first shipment. Many people will have to wait until mid to late summer for these scopes to be delivered. As far as him saying he already shipped some, could he be talking about the SFP models? I think those are already shipping. He may have just been grouping all PST gen ii's together when saying that. I am hopeful we will have those scopes in the next week or two.

Pick up a Razor Gen2 4.5x or a Minox ZP5 MR4... you're bound to find either available.

If on a budget, get an Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x for $370 and play with that until you get exactly what you want and sell it for a slight loss. You might decide it's good enough for your purposes for now.

Not yet, but soon! :cool:

I am new here so I don't know any of y'all. I also ordered from CLNY. I figured they did not actually have them in hand since the posts they made on different forums say that they received notice of a delivery of the new scopes. I have bought many items from many different companies "pre-release". It is very common for manufacturers to be weeks or even months late on shipping out new products that are manufactured overseas. I don't think that is CLNY's fault. I don't even mind that they already charged my card for the item as long as it saves a scope for me from the first shipment. Many people will have to wait until mid to late summer for these scopes to be delivered. As far as him saying he already shipped some, could he be talking about the SFP models? I think those are already shipping. He may have just been grouping all PST gen ii's together when saying that. I am hopeful we will have those scopes in the next week or two.

This is the email from CLNY:
I am sorry that you're disappointed. We had a few of each of the Gen II PST scopes ready to ship. We changed our web site to accepting orders, delayed delivery when we had sold the ones we had. Your order came in after we had closed. When orders were processed the following morning there were more orders than product.
These scopes will begin shipping again next week as Vortex is not shipping today, tomorrow or Friday. As requested your order has been canceled.

The funny thing is after I canceled, I noticed how long CLNY been around. I bought Minolta SLR stuff from them in the 80's.

My main beef, and maybe it is my fault, but I was in line for a lot less $. I'll just wait for Midway USA to get them in stock. I don't have the cash to buy anything until CLNY processes the refund anyway.

I ordered mine 5 days before they changed the status to "Delayed Delivery". I called last week and was told that they would ship the middle of this week. So told online "In Stock and Ready to Ship" that was false advertising and direct contact was told this week which seems to be incorrect. My only conclusion is that they are about the same as OP in terms of being up front and honest with their customers. It seems it's about companies saying whatever to make a sale. If everything was still up in the air then just say so. If shipping is delayed then tell us. Simple as that.

I've wasted so much time researching and trying to buy this, I'm probably done with Vortex too. Was planning to buy ~4 scopes this year. Now I need to find a new optics vendor, too.

I think it was pretty clear and Vortex told us at Shot, that they'll be shipping around the 1st of April.

This goes inline with what the stores have been indicating to us as well... I'd wait till at least then to find out which stores are getting stock ect. before throwing a tantrum.

Last edited:
I don't even know what "Shoot" is, and have never heard from Vortex directly. What I'm upset about isn't that Vortex hasn't shipped, it is that multiple vendors took orders promising delivery dates they knew they couldn't meet. CL even took my money, and if you read the email above, knew they didn't have the product the morning after.

Doug is good people. He has more clout on this forum than you ever will.

You sound like a little bitch. You want a scope that has not even been released yet and want it yesterday. That is not how retail on planet earth works. You're a clown. Do you even shoot?

What an ass! You're really a tough guy, aren't you? How in the hell does he have "more clout on this forum" than MCMM? Who decided that? You? I emailed them myself and was told, "Yes, we have them in stock. After filling standing orders, it will ship within 3-4 days" BS. I was very specific to verify that they WERE in stock. They were very specific that they were. Stand down, punk!

You guys are a bunch of suckers. This scope just came out, hasn't been seen by anyone, nobody know when they will arrive at dealers. You guys get all fucking jumpy about the newest thing and simply gotta have it right away. It is a friggin Vortex PST how awesome do you really think this $1k scope is gonna be? In 3 months the PX will be filled with them and threads everywhere with people bitching about the glass quality.

MidCity even took extra time to send me selfies of him in a thong to try scare me or something. SH is a fucking shitshow again. And I stand by the statement that most of you chuckleheads just buy your gear to post up photos on facebook. When do we get a fucking "ignore" feature???

Look, I'd much rather be posting about how awesome Doug and Cameraland are. Saying you have something in stock, when you don't, or taking money for more product than you have, is not how ethical businesses are run. I'm fine waiting. I canceled my order, which proves that, and that you are wrong.

I go to the range 50 some times a tear. I might be new to longer range as I only have 500 yards to shoot at, but your insults are crap.

I'm taking the Vortex people on this forums word that it is better than the old PST, or I'd just buy the old one. I don't have to have the latest and greatest, and will probably keep this scope for a very long time. I'm here to learn how to shoot better. Not to post pics of my junk.

Look, I'd much rather be posting about how awesome Doug and Cameraland are. Saying you have something in stock, when you don't, or taking money for more product than you have, is not how ethical businesses are run. I'm fine waiting. I canceled my order, which proves that, and that you are wrong.

I go to the range 50 some times a tear. I might be new to longer range as I only have 500 yards to shoot at, but your insults are crap.

I'm taking the Vortex people on this forums word that it is better than the old PST, or I'd just buy the old one. I don't have to have the latest and greatest, and will probably keep this scope for a very long time. I'm here to learn how to shoot better. Not to post pics of my junk.

I'm not sure how often a tear is, but it sounds like a lot!

You guys are a bunch of suckers. This scope just came out, hasn't been seen by anyone, nobody know when they will arrive at dealers. You guys get all fucking jumpy about the newest thing and simply gotta have it right away. It is a friggin Vortex PST how awesome do you really think this $1k scope is gonna be? In 3 months the PX will be filled with them and threads everywhere with people bitching about the glass quality.

MidCity even took extra time to send me selfies of him in a thong to try scare me or something. SH is a fucking shitshow again. And I stand by the statement that most of you chuckleheads just buy your gear to post up photos on facebook. When do we get a fucking "ignore" feature???

delfuego even though I agree 100% with you in this I think MCMM has a point about CL. When you buy any product that says "in stock, ready to ship" you are expecting to receive this product ASAP (shipping and handling will be the only waiting time) and that was not the case. Ordering a product with a waiting time like a custom build, stock or chassis is another story, you order and wait for the item to be finished according to the time frame you agreed beforehand. It's not ethical lying to the costumers promising things that you are not going to accomplish and this is something happening more and more frequently with some vendors. Business is a serious thing that always should be respected by all sides involved on it. My two cents.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Heaven forbid that anyone should go through life believing that truth and honesty have any value. The real virtues in life are things like trying to insult or shout people down solely because they have opinions different from yours. Gotta love how the web makes that option so available.

"Patience is not the ability to wait, but how you act while you're waiting."

My LGS got a 5-25 FFP mil in yesterday, the owner is a good friend so we played with it after work. Glass is better than the Gen. 1 PST for sure. The weather was cloudy with mist so couldn't really give it a fair evaluation. The turrets are nice as is the mag ring. The finish didn't bother me any, it actually looked really nice. Think Vortex has a winner here.

Got an email from PayPal saying that CL processed the refund today. Doug told me he would do it yesterday, but....

IMHO I wouldn't buy one until 1) good reviews start popping up and 2) they are in stock at reputable dealers all over the place (Midway etc). You guys ordering them right now need to be patient as there will be a lot of fuckups.

Good point. I've decided to find a used gen I PST 6x24, that I can resell later for not much loss when I buy something better.

I want to take a long range class, but need a rifle. Until recently, I only shot .22lr, 9mm and .223. I have everything but the optic.

I filed a BBB complaint, and this was Doug's response. You can see it doesn't jive with the emails he sent me. Which were forwarded to BBB.

We were notified by our vendor that a delivery had arrived of this particular scope and some were being put aside for us and that we were safe in accepting orders for that quantity of scopes. We did this, however, the vendors delivery was missing some of the different reticles they informed us were arriving and this scope was one of the shorted products. When Charles contacted us we tried to explain this to him, however, he was not interested, nor was he interested that the Vendor said they would have a scope available for him Monday and that we would get it right out to him. Unfortunately, as we do not make the products we are at the mercy of the vendors that do.

Good afternoon guys,
We were told we were getting a certain quantity of scopes and we were safe to post "In Stock - Ready to Ship" so we did. We arranged to have the scopes drop shipped directly from Vortex in order to expedite delivery rather than have them ship to us to then ship to you.
The quantities we were told turned out to be shorter than we were originally told and we immediately updated our site to " Accepting Orders - Delayed Delivery".
We did deliver on MOA 2nd and FFP scopes, however, none of the MRADs came through.
We are doing the best that we can with the information we obtain.
I apologize for any delays. We have been around for 60 years and we always try our best. Sometimes things do not happen as planned. You can call Vortex and check with them and confirm we've had some of these scope orders filled. Please feel free to call me with any questions or issues.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug

Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000

Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore

Has anyone that ordered a FFP model through Experticity received their order yet?

I haven't received mine yet. I figure it will get here someday. It's easy enough to find a good deal in the px to use until this comes in. Not going to get excited.
As far as whether they will be worth the wait, I'm a Vortex fan and every one I've ever owned has performed great. I have no doubt that this will be a winner too. Every time Vortex brings out a new product I see a lot of hurt feelings because Vortex can't crank them out fast enough. My dealings with CLNY has been very positive. Always offering great products at very fair prices.

The funny thing Doug is if you have records from the 80's, you will see I bought a bunch of Minolta SLR stuff from y'all. I have never filed a BBB complaint in my life, if that gives you an idea of what your real customer service is like.

I offered a resolution in the BBB complaint. Otherwise, you can stare at it for 3 years. I don't care. If the refund hasn't processed Monday I plan to dispute the charge.

The funny thing Doug is if you have records from the 80's, you will see I bought a bunch of Minolta SLR stuff from y'all. I have never filed a BBB complaint in my life, if that gives you an idea of what your real customer service is like.

I offered a resolution in the BBB complaint. Otherwise, you can stare at it for 3 years. I don't care. If the refund hasn't processed Monday I plan to dispute the charge.

Good Lord, give it a rest.
I understand you want your money back. You seem to have an axe to grind, but for Christ's sake, they were unable to deliver the goods they promised. Shit happens.
Refunding cards is not immediate and it takes some time for the transactions to catch up.
Some things do, innocently, fall through the crack, other times, assholes earn the hard time.
It's certainly sounds like the latter here.

I haven't received mine yet. I figure it will get here someday. It's easy enough to find a good deal in the px to use until this comes in. Not going to get excited.
As far as whether they will be worth the wait, I'm a Vortex fan and every one I've ever owned has performed great. I have no doubt that this will be a winner too. Every time Vortex brings out a new product I see a lot of hurt feelings because Vortex can't crank them out fast enough. My dealings with CLNY has been very positive. Always offering great products at very fair prices.

At this point, I'm considering just getting the Gen I Razor rather than waiting for a Gen II PST. For the price Experticity has it, it's hard to pass up.

I'm done. Yes I have an axe to grind, but I'll just wait until fall to take any classes. I wanted to get a rifle ready before it gets too hot to spend a whole weekend outside in Texas.

Good afternoon guys,
We were told we were getting a certain quantity of scopes and we were safe to post "In Stock - Ready to Ship" so we did. We arranged to have the scopes drop shipped directly from Vortex in order to expedite delivery rather than have them ship to us to then ship to you.
The quantities we were told turned out to be shorter than we were originally told and we immediately updated our site to " Accepting Orders - Delayed Delivery".
We did deliver on MOA 2nd and FFP scopes, however, none of the MRADs came through.
We are doing the best that we can with the information we obtain.
I apologize for any delays. We have been around for 60 years and we always try our best. Sometimes things do not happen as planned. You can call Vortex and check with them and confirm we've had some of these scope orders filled. Please feel free to call me with any questions or issues.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug

Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000

Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore

Doug,

Thanks for posting in here. Do you know if all of the orders that were submitted will be fulfilled soon? I called the shop and was told that my order might ship Monday or Tuesday. When I emailed Vortex they could not tell me when my order would be shipped, but he told me the FFP 5-25x50 MOA scopes are backordered until August.

Thank you,

Robert Holden

I'm done. Yes I have an axe to grind, but I'll just wait until fall to take any classes. I wanted to get a rifle ready before it gets too hot to spend a whole weekend outside in Texas.

I'm thinking now would be a good time to do as fdkay recommended...give it a rest.

"before it gets too hot to spend a whole weekend outside"? You're kidding, right?

Unfortunately delays are to be expected on brand new product, as are some quality control slip-ups to get product out the door as fast as possible. Working with Wal-Mart I know their online orders can take 3-5 business days for a refund to post to the credit card account after it's been issued. I'm sure Vortex is working to get these out the door to the public.

At least it's not like the UBR 2 stock; announce spring of 2016 as a ship date and there still aren't any available today. Things happen, plan accordingly.

Since Doug posted I thought I'd call. Guy on the phone was totally professional. He couldn't get Vortex on the phone right then and said he'd call me back. OK, cool.

I know that they will be shipped very soon because I pulled a scope from another rifle to put on my match gun. I've been trying to avoid that but now that I did it the scope will probably be delivered right after I zero the scope this weekend.

"I wanted to get a rifle ready before it gets too hot to spend a whole weekend outside in Texas."

My response to that is poor prior planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

You are also trying to build with something that is brand new and barely released. Delays happen. Sounds like you need to have the words "no", "wait", and "patience" explained to you and said to you more often.

The weather in Texas is the same every year. It gets hot. Temperatures swing back and forth in the spring. It happens. I've lived 19 of my last 21 years in Texas for a total of 23 years. Got tired of it and moved to Utah.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I understand being pissed off over a refund that's taking too fucking long but there are plenty of used or new scopes you could get for the same/similar money. Older vortex, SWFA, Bushnell HDMR/LRHS, Leupold LRP, Mark 4, anything Nightforce, lots of options....

Doug,

Thanks for posting in here. Do you know if all of the orders that were submitted will be fulfilled soon? I called the shop and was told that my order might ship Monday or Tuesday. When I emailed Vortex they could not tell me when my order would be shipped, but he told me the FFP 5-25x50 MOA scopes are backordered until August.

Thank you,

Robert Holden

HAHA. Vortex screws the pooch again. In fact my local gun store is no longer stocking any Vortex products due to the we have no clue when they will arrive. Then manufacture them in the USA idiots!

"I wanted to get a rifle ready before it gets too hot to spend a whole weekend outside in Texas."

My response to that is poor prior planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

You are also trying to build with something that is brand new and barely released. Delays happen. Sounds like you need to have the words "no", "wait", and "patience" explained to you and said to you more often.

The weather in Texas is the same every year. It gets hot. Temperatures swing back and forth in the spring. It happens. I've lived 19 of my last 21 years in Texas for a total of 23 years. Got tired of it and moved to Utah.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Poor planning? I'm not the one that took over $1000 of someones money, then lied to them repeatedly. If CameraLand had not listed something in stock, that was NOT in stock, this would have been avoided.

Poor planning? I'm not the one that took over $1000 of someones money, then lied to them repeatedly. If CameraLand had not listed something in stock, that was NOT in stock, this would have been avoided.

So let's agree that you aren't getting a pst 2. It's time to move on to another thread...you've made your point

omg.

If there was an Admin could you please get rid of this person, the industry doesn't need them.

Give it a rest mate, no one cares for your shit.

I was going to post here but it's turned into a $hit show... I spend some time behind my 1-6, 3-15 FFP MRAD and 5-25 FFP MRAD. I'll post my full review later but my initial impressions these are very good.

I am not sure why, but I am going to throw my .02 into this shit show. If a company's website shows "in stock" call me crazy, but to me the product should be physically on hand and ready to ship.......as for Vortex I think they make some really great scopes have the best warranty hands down, but when it comes to bringing a new product to market they sure make shit show out of it......I am going to get a PST Gen 2 FFP Mil, but that vendor will have to physically have it on hand ready to ship before they get my CC number.