• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST Gen II

With the limited time I have been behind my gen 2 pst 5-25, I have to say I'm very impressed. Had a little issue setting the zero stop but it is all good now.

5x25x50 EBRC-2FFP. Love it!
1x6 Love it!

Attachments

• photo68056.jpg
    photo68056.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 64
  • photo68057.jpg
    photo68057.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 77
  • photo68475.jpg
    photo68475.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 71
  • photo68476.jpg
    photo68476.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 74
Love mine. I have a Athlon Ares on the way to compare it to. It will be hard to beat as this is very clear and I love the feel of the clicks and illumination.

Attachments

• photo68495.jpg
    photo68495.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 40
Has anyone purchased recently through the Vortex LEO/Mil program and what's the realistic wait time? I'm looking to upgrade from the Gen 1 to the Gen 2. I'm debating the long wait through Experticity or paying a bit more on the chance I can catch a Hide vendor with stock on hand.

I ordered the Gen 2 through Experticity on Feb 8th and received notification this morning that it has shipped.

Edit: it occurred to me after reading a post below I should have mention the model: Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP EBR-2C MRAD

Last edited:
I too got a deal on mine through Vortex, and ordered it back in Dec. I received it a month ago. It is an awesome optic. I purchased the 5-25x50 FFP and am darn impressed. It replaced a SFP Vortex 5-15x44 which was just fine on my Rem 700 SPS Tac (in a B&C stock) in .223. I came upon the deal and thought when am I ever going to get to experience this type of optic for a great price (but still not cheap)? So glad I did. Great MRAD reticle, super clear and bright glass and great super precise clicks on the turrets. Used it the last two weekends at 200 and 300 yds and loved it. Put around 60 rounds down the pipe with it. Again, solidly a better optic than I am a shooter, but couldn't be more pleased!!

Just drove 150 miles round-trip because a gun shop in the city said they had the PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP in stock but when I got there all they had was SFP. Came home with Razor HD AMG.

Scheel's hasn't gotten them yet? (BTW, sorry to hear about the loss of the combine.)

Nope that's where I bought the amg. The gun shop down the road said they had them but didn't so I drove up the street to Scheels and got the amg. Yeah the combine fire sucked but nobody got hurt, insurance finally paid up and my new machine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Are these available anywhere. I got tired of following links on Vortex's site to suppliers that are backordered. What's with the supply issues?

Field and Stream (cranberry store in PA) has them on the shelf and Cabela's (triadelphia WV) as well. They might be able to ship them to your local store?

FFP 5-25 MRAD. Now I gotta buy a rifle to put it on. I was expecting it in like January, but now i gotta scramble and find a 223 tikka asap.

Dafuq??? I ordered the same thing, well good luck on your search, my rifle will just collect dust i guess.

Anyone have a chance to directory compair the 2-10 or 3-15 against the Burris XTR II?

Anybody here have a Viper PST Gen II 1-6x24 and/or a Viper PST Gen II 2-10x32 in hand???
If so, PLEASE take a digital caliper measurement of the outer diameters at the objective and eyepiece/ocular ends!!!
I am going to send these to Jon at AADMOUNT to make scope caps for these.
http://www.aadmount.com/Caps/Caps.html
I have them on every scope. They're simply awesome.

Anyone have a chance to directory compair the 2-10 or 3-15 against the Burris XTR II?

I have been to 3 Cabela's (Gonzales, Huntsville, and Grand Junction) and they all had the 3-15 PSTII and 3-15 XTRII. Might be worth a shot trying to find one near you so you can compare and make your own decision. There are things I liked about each and I would more than likely choose the XTRII, but depending on what reticle and features you want will dictate what is right for you.

Got mine and are really liking it just using it unmounted. I'm looking for a quick detach unimount for use on a 20MOA Badger rail on a stock Rem700 action. Any suggestions, other than Sphur. Nice mount, but its half the price of the scope.

Got mine and are really liking it just using it unmounted. I'm looking for a quick detach unimount for use on a 20MOA Badger rail on a stock Rem700 action. Any suggestions, other than Sphur. Nice mount, but its half the price of the scope.

Still high-end, but ERA-TAC makes QD unimounts. At a lower price point there's Bobro, and then below that there's ADM.

Has anyone gotten a PST Gen2 2-10x32 MRAD FFP? Is it better than the old 2.5-10x32 ? I plan on putting the new 2-10x32 on top of a Sig716 Patrol and use it out to 700m to 800m or so.

Kinda need to know the height (thickness) of the rail and scope objective lens diameter to be able to provide any kind of meaningful answer....

More its that I’m not with my rifle and I don’t have the measurements. I just figured that in a thread about the scope, with the most common rail config, on the most common action, that someone might have a starting point. Going by spec sheets the front of the scope is 2.3 inches and the mount is 0.31 inches. That equation isn’t actually an equation. It seems a better way to say it is (scope diameter / 2) - scope rail height = minimum ring height, assuming no cant and a full bull barrel. Add in 0.02 or so for a 20MOA cant and take away what for barrel profile.

So 1.15-0.31=0.84 with less than that because the barrel isn’t full diameter of the action. (But need to add caps and gap.). That seemed low, too low. That’s why I asked.

Typically, a set of low rings at 0.89" is fine for these, though if you're concerned, mediums at about 1" are fine also. As far as I'm concerned the obsession with having the lowest rings possible is overblown, not necessary and sometimes leads to a wrong set up for a person/rifle.

When outfitting a hunting rifle with no adjustable comb, lower is usually desirable, but most tactical rifles today have adjustable cheek rests, making it less than necessary.

Anybody here have a Viper PST Gen II 1-6x24 and/or a Viper PST Gen II 2-10x32 in hand???
If so, PLEASE take a digital caliper measurement of the outer diameters at the objective and eyepiece/ocular ends!!!

Some quick pics PST Gen II 1-6x24. Hope this helps.

Rh3Mq2Y.jpg

SaDMjrp.jpg

PxFjvxN.jpg

0QOjS9Q.jpg

Tj9gg4Q.jpg

Ro0Ar2y.jpg

If anyone is looking for the Vortex Viper PST Gen II 1-6x24mm in MRAD, we have a bunch shipping to us. Please call 916.670.1103 for hide pricing and to pre-order :cool:

Anyone know the current turn around for these on experticity?

3-15X44mm 3 weeks and 5-25X50mm 7 weeks per optics planet. they gave me a good deal (I hope) so i got one of each. just gotta wait awhile.

If you order direct. They are shipping out to vendors often and can be found with some looking.

Just wanted to say I received my new Gen 2 PST 5-25 yesterday and I am extremely pleased with it, the turrets are awesome smooth and very tactile, and the glass quality is hands-down better than the first gen. I bought this for my father if he decides he does not like it, it will be listed in the rifle scope PX

I have all 3 of the Vortex Scopes and the only difference I can see between the Gen 2 PST and Gen 1 Razor is the Razor is just a tad brighter..that's it! Probably due to the 35mm tube. IMG_20171025_120141876.jpg

Definitely not worth the extra money and extra weight to buy the Gen 1 Razor over the New Gen 2 PST

I lined up all three scopes and put them all on 20x looking at a neighbor's rooftop and air vents at 200yrds, The Gen 2 Razor no contest I can even see the roofing nails in sharp detail at 200 yards.

But there is honestly no difference in Clarity / sharpness between the Gen 1 razor and the Gen 2 PST the Gen 1 is just slightly brighter that is it.

Reactions: GhostFace
I have all 3 of the Vortex Scopes and the only difference I can see between the Gen 2 PST and Gen 1 Razor is the Razor is just a tad brighter..that's it! Probably due to the 35mm tube.

Definitely not worth the extra money and extra weight to buy the Gen 1 Razor over the New Gen 2 PST

I lined up all three scopes and put them all on 20x looking at a neighbor's rooftop and air vents at 200yrds, The Gen 2 Razor no contest I can even see the roofing nails in sharp detail at 200 yards.

But there is honestly no difference in Clarity / sharpness between the Gen 1 razor and the Gen 2 PST the Gen 1 is just slightly brighter that is it.

It could be the difference in price and weight reflects durability differences.
I don't own either, but just saying.

Bigjake there are differences other than glass in scopes like internal elevation and knob features so it's up to the end user which would be best for them. The Razor has it's place as does the Gen II PST.

Damn. $100 for a set of caps?

Damn. $100 for a set of caps?

Dude, I know. That's what I thought at first too. But I have yet to see anything that even comes close to these. If you have a few grand invested in your optic, it makes sense in my opinion.
Perhaps less so on a lower priced optic.

The new Vortex caps may not be the most beautiful, but they are damn functional and cheap enough.

Just picked up a new PST Gen 2 5-25 FFP EBR-2C. Everything on the scope appears to have been very well through out. Illumination is excellent, focus knob and turrets are great, eye box is pretty good, color and clarity in the glass is as good or better than everything in the same price range that I've seen, reticle is really awesome.

I don't personally think there's anything in the $1000-ish price range that is better than the Gen 2 PST, but that's JMHO.

Just picked up a new PST Gen 2 5-25 FFP EBR-2C. Everything on the scope appears to have been very well through out. Illumination is excellent, focus knob and turrets are great, eye box is pretty good, color and clarity in the glass is as good or better than everything in the same price range that I've seen, reticle is really awesome.

I don't personally think there's anything in the $1000-ish price range that is better than the Gen 2 PST, but that's JMHO.

Good to hear. I think I’m going to get the exact same scope for my RPR 6.5C. Do I need the vortex precision matched 30mm LOW rings or HIGH rings???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Got it mounted in an ADM Recon mount on a 20MOA rail and it has plenty of room. Only had a bout 15 minutes to fiddle with it and start to Zero it due to time constraints at the range. Like the reticle, the knobs feel great. I do need to spend a bit more time with it. It didn’t seem as sharp as it should have to me, but like I said, I need to spend a bit more time between it. Smaller eye box than my Premier 3-15, but that’s to be expected.

Finally received my 2-10X32 MRAD PST Gen II. It is perfect for 3Gun and/or DMR-use and I mounted it on Sig 716 Patrol. Does not need a separate red dot for close targets when used at 2X and to my eyes it is dayligh bright. Maybe in Arizona one might have problems with bright sunshine but here in Northern Europe it works perefect during day time. Total elevation available is 36.3 mrad so you may not need a sloped base at all. Really nice scope and pretty compact too.

For an RPR you'll need rings or a mount around ~1.375" high.

Just an FYI, I’m using an RRS 1.26” 0 MOA Mount with plenty of clearance. 34mm tube 56mm objective w/ Aadmount caps.

Attachments

• photo78558.jpg
    photo78558.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 58