• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor News?

I got to play with this at Triggrcon, someone shared my video earlier in the thread. While my time was limited I was impressed. Glass seamed very nice under show conditions, I did get to see it at range day but it wasn't on a scope. In daylight it looked really nice and then inside decent considering the lighting. Im not nearly the expert as others are but not a stranger to nice glass. I am looking forward to getting one to get some time behind it.

For $2800 keep it.
Everyone wants HD quality in Strike Eagle pricing. Come on now, everyone knows Vortex list price is much higher than actual street price. Seriously the 1-6 is listed at $1400 what did you think the 1-10 price was going to be? $1401? Premium optics come at premium prices. Vortex stated street price will be $1999 meaning LE/Mil prices will probably be down around $1800 for them. That's not a bad price at all for a daylight bright 1-10 FFP bomb proof scope that weighs the same as a 1-6 already does. I'd argue it brings a lot more to the table than say an NX8 does for the cost of only 4oz more.

Euro Optic preorders are at 2k.

I have their Mil/Vet discount, and the price they have listed, it's got my CC screaming in a tiny voice "pull me out, use me, come on, you know you want to!".

@loveha

You using ExpertVoice or another vendor for the discount? Saw the discount on EV and seems like a fire sale at their price.

That being said, I want to see a few in hands before purchase.

Do people really not understand MSRP? If you think this is street price you need to get out more. LOL

Dunno but dudes across multiple boards are pre ordering them for the 2k. I'm waiting to get a solid price before I pull the trigger on one.

Yeah that MAP price at $1999 sounds right but guys saying $2800+ don't understand MSRP.

Yeah that MAP price at $1999 sounds right but guys saying $2800+ don't understand MSRP.
Kind of like how a Ford F-150 has an MSRP of $50,000 but you're a fool if you pay full price for one ;) (I have no idea how much a new F-150 costs, just used that as an example).

Reactions: Rob01

Yeah I haven't seen that. But I'm sure you can do better then MAP somewhere. Like I said Botach was $1731 I think? I've personally never had a problem with them, but still.

Everyone wants HD quality in Strike Eagle pricing. Come on now, everyone knows Vortex list price is much higher than actual street price. Seriously the 1-6 is listed at $1400 what did you think the 1-10 price was going to be? $1401? Premium optics come at premium prices. Vortex stated street price will be $1999 meaning LE/Mil prices will probably be down around $1800 for them. That's not a bad price at all for a daylight bright 1-10 FFP bomb proof scope that weighs the same as a 1-6 already does. I'd argue it brings a lot more to the table than say an NX8 does for the cost of only 4oz more.

Actually I could care less about the price. The question becomes when is it worth it. The Schmidt and Bender Nightforce Atacr FFP and Minox I have or have owned where all well over 2k. But it does nothing more than the Trijicon that I can buy for 40% less. It has basically the same reticle as the nx8. It also weighs %25 percent more than theNX8. So when they are quoting their already overweight 1-6, I am not impressed with the weight. The only advantage that I see is the field of view and the two power. So in my opinion, a 2800 dollar MSRP is a damn joke. And in my Opinion, 1999 is overpriced. I am not looking for something for nothing, I am looking for the value in it.

Actually I could care less about the price. The question becomes when is it worth it. The Schmidt and Bender Nightforce Atacr FFP and Minox I have or have owned where all well over 2k. But it does nothing more than the Trijicon that I can buy for 40% less. It has basically the same reticle as the nx8. It also weighs %25 percent more than theNX8. So when they are quoting their already overweight 1-6, I am not impressed with the weight. The only advantage that I see is the field of view and the two power. So in my opinion, a 2800 dollar MSRP is a damn joke. And in my Opinion, 1999 is overpriced. I am not looking for something for nothing, I am looking for the value in it.

Can you show me where there is a 1-10x FFP optic with Japanese glass, huge FOV, 34mm tube, and daylight bright reticle for under 2K? Thanks!

Reactions: Tac Beard
Hopefully this is the beginning of upgrading the Razor line. A 2-20x50 and 3-30x56 maybe????
I have no doubt it is the beginning of the Gen III Razor line; however, hoping for a 10x FFP high magnification scope is probably not realistic ;)

The 4.5-27x56 was an absolute home run for Vortex, the Gen III replacement I am expecting to be just as amazing but now with 6 years under their belt to design something even better. I would not expect another long range scope for SHOT show, but hopefully later this year we might be surprised with a new Gen III scope...

1. A 1-8x is not a 1-10x
2. 1299.99 at Midway is way over half of 1999.99
3. The track record of PA is highly questionable, especially compared to the Razor series.

The Platinum series seems to have a pretty good reputation. PA has several tiers of optics just like vortex. The Plantinum is more or less their "Razor".

I have no doubt it is the beginning of the Gen III Razor line; however, hoping for a 10x FFP high magnification scope is probably not realistic ;)

The 4.5-27x56 was an absolute home run for Vortex, the Gen III replacement I am expecting to be just as amazing but now with 6 years under their belt to design something even better. I would not expect another long range scope for SHOT show, but hopefully later this year we might be surprised with a new Gen III scope...
I would really like to see them come out with a lighter weight 3-18X44. The sooner the better for me. I'm impatient.

Been waiting for a 3x18 or 4x20 shorter and less weight for a couple of years fingers crossed for shot show.

Reactions: Three57
Is it worth it to pick up a PST II 3-15 for now, while waiting to see what they come out with?
Any chance there will be a PST gen III?

Is it worth it to pick up a PST II 3-15 for now, while waiting to see what they come out with?
If the PST II 3-15 meets your needs and nothing new at SHOT strikes your interest you won't go wrong with the prices you can get them for. The PST II line just came out in 2017 so highly doubtful we'll see anything new this year.

PST IIs in MIL were on fire at Mile High last week. under $700 IIRC. Seems like a darn good price for that optic.

The Platinum series seems to have a pretty good reputation. PA has several tiers of optics just like vortex. The Plantinum is more or less their "Razor".
Platinum is PA’s flagship line, but its track record doesn’t compare with that of the Razor line.

I didn't realize the PST II was released in 2017, so it makes sense nothing new will be coming out in that line. But it makes you wonder why the recent price drop. The mile high price was great, looks like they are no longer available though.
I would like a little more power on the top end, but the PST covers everything else. Very seriously considering it.
Really interested to see what Vortex is going to come out with this year and at SHOT.

Three57 there won't be any light weight Razor IIs coming out from what I have heard but they could be super secret. Not like that worked well with the leaks from the 1-10. I knew about that but at least it was someone else who let the cat out of the bag. LOL Same with any changes in PST Gen II line. You can wait a few weeks and see what comes at SHOT if you didn't need the scope now. The 3-15x44 PST Gen II is a good little scope though if nothing comes at SHOT for you.

one of The stupidest things I’ve done is sell my G2 3-18. A new one is definitely in the future, unless they can sprinkle some pixie dust and somehow trump it.

This new 1-10 is definitely on my list for my newest build, but for now their 3-15 PST or, if I can swing it, 3-18 is at the top of my list.

With shot show only weeks away you should just wait and see.
A 4-20 PST Gen 2 would be great, but I highly doubt it's on the cards.

If you see yourself using 3x a lot the 3-15 will be a good way to go, if not and the 50mm objective is no problem then the 5-25 is the way to go.