• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor News?

I need a LPVO for a carbine and this sure would be interesting.

That kind of hits my earlier price point on my 'ZP8 like' scope even if it isn't DFP.

If this is real, Vortex will be getting my money! This is exactly what I've hoped for for years.

-Variable with minimum 10x
-FFP
-Useful mil-based reticle
-Capped turrets
-Decent weight

Checks all the boxes for me!

Vortex has been known for strategic leaks in the past right before official announcement. I honestly think it is a clever way to create a buzz. I remember before the AMG was introduced their was a FB post of one of the Hamilton boys with an elk and the AMG was on his rifle, it caused quite a stir. Would love to see Gen III versions for the long range scopes with a huge reduction in weight. Well see

Reactions: BytorJr and Basher
B&H already took it off

It is still there. Just look it up.

Screenshot_20200105-000531_Chrome.jpg

Still wondering if an updated Gen2 or Gen III will hit for the higher magnification. Maybe a 6-36x56 to have a comparable mag range as the ATACR and Mk5.

Did anyone else see the Atibal post calling Vortex out for copying their design? I can't find it now but it was comedy gold.

Reactions: Shrubjr
I wonder why it has 2 CR2032 batteries? A spare or different reticle lighting?

Vortex has been known for strategic leaks in the past right before official announcement. I honestly think it is a clever way to create a buzz. I remember before the AMG was introduced their was a FB post of one of the Hamilton boys with an elk and the AMG was on his rifle, it caused quite a stir. Would love to see Gen III versions for the long range scopes with a huge reduction in weight. Well see

Not strategic leak. Just people not being able to keep quiet for a few more weeks. ;)

Anyone know the exit pupil spec on 1X ? If it has a tight ass eye box on 1X like the NX8, it *would* be a giant fail *for me*. IMHO, most of the time a jack of all trades anything, does nothing great. Seriously, more than 6x on a 5.56 SBR or 14.5 400 yd carbine is kind of chasing a rainbow, with way to many compromises, IMHO. Remember, sales is the real name of the game for any company.

Anyone know the exit pupil spec on 1X ? If it has a tight ass eye box on 1X like the NX8, it *would* be a giant fail *for me*. IMHO, most of the time a jack of all trades anything, does nothing great. Seriously, more than 6x on a 5.56 SBR or 14.5 400 yd carbine is kind of chasing a rainbow, with way to many compromises, IMHO. Remember, sales is the real name of the game for any company.

The scope is almost here. We will know soon.

ILya

Reactions: Rob01
Reticle

Attachments

• E59A2C49-5389-460D-8B53-F51B419F4B90.png
    E59A2C49-5389-460D-8B53-F51B419F4B90.png
    409 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: RS14
Sounds extremely promising. I’m in the market, so I hope this comes out before match season.

It was on Instagram. I thought it was quite ballsy in a preposterous sorta way.

ILya

That will backfire the same way Elon's tweets did about the Taycan. No one was even aware until it was brought to light by the competition, and then it ends up costing them sales.

If this scope has Razor Gen II 1-6 performance, I can see it on a ton of Run & Gun carbines this year.

I hope this lives up to the hype. If it does then I will have a tough decision on my hands between this and the NF ATACR 1-8 for a 308 gas gun sometime later this year!

Reactions: Moose
That will backfire the same way Elon's tweets did about the Taycan. No one was even aware until it was brought to light by the competition, and then it ends up costing them sales.

If this scope has Razor Gen II 1-6 performance, I can see it on a ton of Run & Gun carbines this year.

I think you are right. I can't imagine that they would release a scope with a user experience not as good as the 1-6x Razor.

My best guess is that this will be as easy to use as the existing Razor, except it is 1-10x and FFP.

The aiming dot looks to be right around 1MOA. It should be about right for my purposes.

SHOT is in two weeks, so we will have a better idea soon.

Ilya

Reactions: Moose
If this scope does not have the same performance as the Gen2-E 1x6 they will not do well with it.I'm hopping that it does.

Get ready for the eye candy with some pics.If they can put a 1x10 in a small package like this and make it work well they deserve to sell a whole bunch of them.

Reactions: CSTactical
Get ready for the eye candy with some pics.If they can put a 1x10 in a small package like this and make it work well they deserve to sell a whole bunch of them.
March has had a 1-10 for a while now, but it is SFP - https://marchscopes.com/scopes/d10v24timl/

I am very curious to see how the price of the Gen III 1-10 pans out, if they can keep this scope under $2k and it performs extremely well optically with a forgiving eyebox, I see no reason why this scope wouldn't dominate. But all that is speculation, we actually need to see this scope in the real world to know for sure.

Reactions: GhostFace
March has had a 1-10 for a while now, but it is SFP - https://marchscopes.com/scopes/d10v24timl/

I am very curious to see how the price of the Gen III 1-10 pans out, if they can keep this scope under $2k and it performs extremely well optically with a forgiving eyebox, I see no reason why this scope wouldn't dominate. But all that is speculation, we actually need to see this scope in the real world to know for sure.
Bh had them listed at 2k so I assume call and haggle and you can get them for a couple hundred less