• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VUDOO V22 Picture Thread

Cadex Lite Competition vs McMillan A10

• Cadex Lite Competition

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Mcmillan A10

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

Sure Shot 45

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2020
    Can we get a Vudoo picture thread going?

I'm going to place my order next week, deciding on the chassis or stock. Cadex Lite Competition or the McMillan A10.

Would love to see your builds, post em up!

Cadex_Lite_Competition.jpg

McMillan_A10_warthog.jpg

Man they are so different. It is really going to come down to you and how you like to have a rifle set up for your style of shooting. The McMillan is adjustable enough to not really hold you back but the Cadex adjustability blows the McMillan out of the water, plus the ability to fold is really nice! However if you like the look of the A10 it is a pretty cool looking stock but more of a novelty and less useful IMO...

My vote goes to the Cadex.

Reactions: Sure Shot 45
    22in bartlein mtu contour sawtooth arca warne skyline timney hit, straight shoe,40 moa rail vortex strike eagle for now.

VGW V22 Gen2 Graphite Black Grayboe Urban Camo Ridgeback Stock
    Ace 20" MTU Barrel
    VGW 40 MOA Rail
    NF ATACR 7-35X56
    ARC M10 Rings
    MK Machine Bubble Level
    Trigger Tech Diamond SS
    Harris Bi-Pod with ADM Pic Mount and Kahntrol Foot Adaptors

VudooV22Gen2.jpgVudooV22 Gen2b.jpg

My vudoos I’ve had. First iteration was a 18” proof barrel vudoo.

First bravo chassis
    C3C0E827-5327-4B56-A3F1-7682EBD5F819.jpeg

Pre ‘14 AICS AX chassis
    93A61012-04FC-45C9-93D6-164F51B5666E.jpeg

KRG Whiskey 3
    30DA87A5-9B15-4C0A-8B18-BBED85300423.jpeg

Second bravo chassis
    0D277067-5B9B-4584-A473-F03D3D20C91F.jpeg

J Allen chassis
    D2B97DF3-EAAC-4461-B258-DACFBFFC4CB3.jpeg

Desert sand cerakoted post ‘14 AICS AX with 13” forend. Loved this one dearly
    69E63C2B-7C31-4865-A389-B770E26C56BD.jpeg

Newest iteration is my Gen 2 20” MTU Vudoo in a GAP camo Manners PRS-TCS stock
    8A43AF58-F01D-4B4B-83EB-20493D49C9E6.jpeg

How would you rate the different chassis for feel and handling?

I'm just starting my build and will be posting a pic soon!

My post 14 AI chassis was the easiest to get behind hands down. I had a matching chassis for my impact I used to have and currently have an AI AXSA. I’d say the manners would be second, the j Allen a close third, the rest of them were close enough together I couldn’t even tell ya. I didn’t not like any of them though.

They just weren’t that Sand colored AI chassis that I wanted oh so bad. That’s the main reason I had so many of them lol

My post 14 AI chassis was the easiest to get behind hands down. I had a matching chassis for my impact I used to have and currently have an AI AXSA. I’d say the manners would be second, the j Allen a close third, the rest of them were close enough together I couldn’t even tell ya. I didn’t not like any of them though.

They just weren’t that Sand colored AI chassis that I wanted oh so bad. That’s the main reason I had so many of them lol
    What is the barrel length on the Desert Sand AX setup? 20"?

Yessir. The reason I switched BA is wanting better balance, then the chassis swap to the manners was.l due to wanting a more competition style setup to compete in NRL22X

Get another 😉. 20” isn’t too bad imo. Didn’t see any trade offs going longer.

Thanks for the encouragement. The 18" is a good look though. I don't compete. Just an expensive toy.

Reactions: Krob95
    I have 5 weights in the arca rail, an no weight in the rear. It’s still a little butt heavy

Ranger 007, KML7201, and Krob95 I love those AI builds! After seeing yours I'm thinking about going with the AXSR, as my only bolt guns are the AT .308 and AXMC .338LM/.300NM.

View attachment 7575662
    Decisions, decisions.... lol
    I chose to have Vudoo build the whole rig. I did not want to fiddle with it and wanted to test/shoot right out of the gate. My intent was I wanted a 22lr trainer that mirrored all my center fire rigs pretty much to the Tee and I did that. Lets see if I can remember the specs to assist you or anyone else.

V22 Gen 2 RH RE, Badger steel 30 MOA rail
    20” Bartlein MTU threaded, ATS Tuner
    AI AT 2.0 Chassis with BT Spigot and Atlas bipod
    Huber 2 stage FCG (curved shoe) 1.5 lbs
    Badger steel rings
    US Optics LR17 GAP MIL

Being that we are on the subject of vudoo,does anyone know why you cant get a 12 round magazine in the polymer magazine branded or unbranded? Seems you can only do aluminum.

I mean,,,,,,,i have no complaints what so ever with my rifle but as far as versatile accessories your pretty much screwed,,maybe thats there plan all along.. proprietaryism.....

I mean,,,,,,,i have no complaints what so ever with my rifle but as far as versatile accessories your pretty much screwed,,maybe thats there plan all along.. proprietaryism.....
    What accessories? The million stocks and chassis available for the R700 footprint? Or do you specifically mean magazines? I’d much rather have one supplier of magazines and have them work reliably.

You can only get a 5 ,10,12,15 rnd mag in alluminum, you cant get that in the polymer.... Not talking about chassis or anything else

You can only get a 5 ,10,12,15 rnd mag in alluminum, you cant get that in the polymer.... Not talking about chassis or anything else
    I’m not sure how that equates to being “screwed.” I have never found the magazine options limiting. What can you do with a 12 round polymer mag that you can’t with an aluminum one?

The cost of doing polymer molds is actually a lot more than the cost to prototype and do CNC aluminum files. I forgot the actual costs, but it wasn't worth it rather than just doing the aluminum versions.

Same nrl and nrlx stages require 12 rnds and its a time saver to not have to change mags all im saying is it would be nice to be able to not have to buy alluminum magazines in the diff rnd counts so it is my opinion it would be nice if they offered the same in the polymer mags. Nothing for anyone to get defensive over by saying SCREWED. give me a break

Did not know that, about aluminum vs polymer mold production costs

Shoot faster and you won’t have to worry about the couple seconds for a mag change

Reactions: phlegethon