• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Wake County (Raleigh) NC Sheriff Gerald Baker suspends issuing pistol permits

SIGTWO

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2009
Blue Ridge Parkway NC/Raleigh nc
My father called to check on a pistol purchase permit application he applied for 10 days ago. He was informed by staff of the Wake County NC Sheriffs STAFF that all pistol and weapons permits had been suspend being issued until April 30th, 2020 per democratic Sheriff Gerald Baker due to staff being potentially being exposed to COVID 19 . They could not provide any information on pending permits. Republican reps, were quick to react to this notification to the public.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: StealthOwl
That's all gonna change when this is over. The Butter Fudds will come out in force, having discovered they were wrong, and we will all join together to make the 2A the LAST word on gun laws.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Purchase permit or carry permit? That State has gone to Hell.

Sounds like everyone can freely carry a pistol now that the need for a permit is gone.
It’s a constitutional carry state any way but a permit is required to buy one. Go figure right.

i Was wrong, I thought this had been signed by the outgoing gov but it wasn’t. Still just a shall issue state.

Last edited:
Reactions: TACC
Fulton county , Georgia
closed there courthouses except for 1
about week and a half ago , no pistol permits / carry liscense , and police station won't do finger prints either.
Our permits are good for 5 years but my pistol permit / carry liscense expires in 2 months.
We are a no permit / liscense for open carry but I don't want to be "that guy"

1585091742721.png

Just print this.

My father called to check on a pistol purchase permit application he applied for 10 days ago. He was informed by staff of the Wake County NC Sheriffs STAFF that all pistol and weapons permits had been suspend being issued until April 30th, 2020 per democratic Sheriff Gerald Baker due to staff being potentially being exposed to COVID 19 . They could not provide any information on pending permits. Republican reps, were quick to react to this notification to the public.
NC requires a permit to be approved by the law dogs purchase a pistol?

Thats ghey. We don't even have that in Commiefornia.

Purchase permit or carry permit? That State has gone to Hell.
It's been that way for a long time. When I was stationed at Lejeune, I had to have my Company Commander sign off permission for me to buy a pistol so I could apply to the Sheriff's Office, and that was in '95. Carry permit exemption didn't even exist then.

And this in a state I remember as very gun tolerant. All acquitted.

Never Forget: The 1979 Greensboro Massacre: North Carolina’s ...
blackmainstreet.net/never-forget-1979-greensboro...
This infamous day in North Carolina and American history would become known as the Greensboro Massacre. The events that took place on this day were a result of tensions that had been brewing that year between the CWP and the KKK. Members of the CWP in the area had been trying to organize the textile workers into unions.

It's been that way for a long time. When I was stationed at Lejeune, I had to have my Company Commander sign off permission for me to buy a pistol so I could apply to the Sheriff's Office, and that was in '95. Carry permit exemption didn't even exist then.
Last pistol I bought through a dealer in nc I paid the dealer and had my grandmother do the paperwork to pickup. That was mid to early 90's. Dealer didn't GAF.

I believe the U.S. Constitution, is the only permit you should need to buy a firearm≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥