• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Walking Dead season 2

High Binder

Resident Tribologist
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Occupied Colorado
Alright guys, the moment we've all been waiting (forever) for is tonight 7:00MST on AMC.

Get yer Zombie on and lets prey the new writers didn't phone it in. I'm hoping for more geek action and less standing around than last season.

Re: Walking Dead season 2

I'm ready, we've had to wait much too long for this.
smile.gif

Man, I was stoked for this to premiere. Not going to lie though, it was a bit of a letdown for me. Too many stupid people making stupid decisions (go figure). Still, it's one of my favorite shows on TV. I hope they start moving the plot along.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> it was a bit of a letdown for me. Too many stupid people making stupid decisions (go figure). </div></div>

I couldn't wait. I've been jonz'n for this season to begin since it ended. I love this show but like you said it looks like the their still making super bad decisions, or at least things I wouldn't do.

Wow what a hook at the end, I didn't see that coming at all!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MX762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dam missed it.... </div></div>

Re-run starts in 1 minute. 10:30MST

It's also on several times though the week, twice Friday night.

Watched the whole Season 1 yesterday on AMC... then dozed off on the couch at the begining of season 2... Dammit!

so if these guys are so scared of making noise with their guns, why not get cans ? its not like you need a tax stamp post apocalypse, and why are these guys choosing weapons with small mag caps, like a bolt.

Why not just 22lrs that put one to the head to those zombies, with them all outfitted with something like ARs, I bet they could have taken the heard down in short order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so if these guys are so scared of making noise with their guns, why not get cans ?... </div></div>
I'm still working on why they haven't already raided a Dick's Sporting Goods (there's 10 or more in the Hot-Lanta area) or other gun shop and stocked up on EBRs and .223. That way, when a herd of walkers shows up -- like it did last episode -- it's "shooters, watch your lanes" and TCOB. It's a more permanent solution than hiding under cars.

agreed, not much foraging for supplies including a new RV, still driving the old busted, overheating piece of crap, don't tell me there isn't a car dealership around to grab some reliable vehicule.
Then again, if they didn't get in trouble, there wouldn't be a story and drama. I am looking at this as more of a "what not to do" in case of apocalypse-society colapse.

Like I said, on another site, our part of the story picked up after the zombies had already taken over. There most likely was already a run on firearms/ammo, at the local stores.

You'd probably have more luck finding ammo by searching abandoned vehicles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watched the whole Season 1 yesterday on AMC... then dozed off on the couch at the begining of season 2... Dammit!

</div></div>

I watched the whole season one yesterday also,had only seen bits and pieces when it was on last year. Thankfully didn't fall asleep, but the wife kept coming in and asking "are you still watching that same show" in one of those disgusted wife type tone of voice. Told her to go make me a sam'ich, wait I must have been asleep and dreaming
grin.gif

The first season was only like 6 or 7 episodes, so I guess when they made it they didn't know if it would get a contract.
TWD is OK for entertainment, but I miss "Breaking Bad". That show is great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> it was a bit of a letdown for me. Too many stupid people making stupid decisions (go figure). </div></div>

I couldn't wait. I've been jonz'n for this season to begin since it ended. I love this show but like you said it looks like the their still making super bad decisions, or at least things I wouldn't do.

Wow what a hook at the end, I didn't see that coming at all! </div></div>
I have been a big fan of the first season even with its many flaws but the new season is off to a bad start. Most of the time the first episode is great but this was bad from start to finish. Like you wouldn't see a huge group of zombies until they are closed in at 100 yards. The one in a million shot at the end, come on. The gutting scene, WTF. I hope they spin it back on track to follow a better story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">agreed, not much foraging for supplies including a new RV, still driving the old busted, overheating piece of crap, don't tell me there isn't a car dealership around to grab some reliable vehicule.
Then again, if they didn't get in trouble, there wouldn't be a story and drama. I am looking at this as more of a "what not to do" in case of apocalypse-society colapse. </div></div>

you mean like taking a bath with the drinking water you just found?

Yeah the first show of this second season was really a let down. The pre-season trailers basically showed the entire traffic jam scene and also the boy getting hurt and being carried to a house. There were so many flaws within their own framework ... the black guy cuts his arm and is spraying blood, then after the commercial he's patched and all good ... season 1 they had to drench themselves in blood and guts so the zombies won't smell them and yet now in s.2 they just have to hide under the cars and the zombies walk on by ... they worry anout making a sound, yet on zombie #1 in the traffic jam the cop runs the bolt and was going to shoot and also in the woods they are just about to shoot Bambie before they think they should let Jr. go in and play petting zoo. You think by now these people would learn, but like they say it's TV so there is no logic.

I think one of the issues with such a shitty season premiere was the fact that they didn't really think the show would take off like it did last season and were unprepared for their success. There were not many episodes in the original season so this episode had more of a regular middle of the season feeling to it over one that was premiering after a big cliff hanger season finally, which they did not have.

Allenst, I'm with you on that, the show doesn't have to be perfect but they have to stick to precedents they set in prior episodes to maintain continuity and they clearly did not in this one. A little aggravating...

I just stumbled across this. Turns out the roll of bladed weapons Carl pinched from the dead guy was a product placement ad for Gerber:

apocalypsedm.jpg

Here's the Gerber ad web page.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just stumbled across this. Turns out the roll of bladed weapons Carl pinched from the dead guy was a product placement ad for Gerber:

[IMG/]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7310/apocalypsedm.jpg[/IMG]

Here's the Gerber ad web page. </div></div>

Most obvious product placement ad ever. It was like a 30min Gerber commercial.

I am interested to see how this season plays out. I liked the beginning of last season and it got a little lame towards the end. Also he needs to quit walking around in his uniform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markspring1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I'm still a little fuzzy on how someone gets infected in this show... </div></div>

Apparently you can drink zombie blood and get it in your eyes, breathe it and not be turned so I'm going to take some license and say that it's a venom that's injected during a bite... LOL

or it requires death first to kick in? the bite has bacteria or something that causes the kill?

I think this zombie craze is pretty awesome.
If The Walking Dead became realistic there would only be the military and a bunch of die hard Snipers Hide members running around. LOL!

If there was a zombie infestation I wouldn't let my kids leave my sight for a second. The kids on the show were constantly wandering off.

I never did understand the zombie thing. Show is hard to watch. Can't find a newer gun but hey look found a complete set of Knives. My son likes it but I never was a fan of zombie shows. To far out there for me.

Guy rans full speed and the zombie can barely walk catches him. TV not a good thing.

2nd season isn't off to as good of a start as the 1st season, but I'm crossing my fingers that it will get better. I enjoyed the entertainment of the 1st season.

Why do they drive crappy cars, wear crappy closes & can't find more shotguns = almost everyone is dead ??????

!!! kevlar riding gear !!! or good leather ?? helmate ( ? 28 Days Later ? guy in riot gear & shield )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMTeam4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this zombie craze is pretty awesome.
If The Walking Dead became realistic there would only be the military and a bunch of die hard Snipers Hide members running around. LOL!

If there was a zombie infestation I wouldn't let my kids leave my sight for a second. The kids on the show were constantly wandering off. </div></div>

I don't get that either. Being a parent myself, I would have been on that little girl like glue and I sure as hell wouldn't be standing around with my thumb up my puss while my daughter was lost in the woods...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markspring1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I'm still a little fuzzy on how someone gets infected in this show... </div></div>
They explained this early on that its saliva based virus.

A bigger question I raised from last season was how do a bunch of slow, unarmed really dumb easy target zombies take down the military. Hell they don't even have to shoot them, get in a tank or other heavy/armored vehicle and step on the gas. Zombie pancake in the street. I still enjoy the show all the while strongly suspending reality in the process.

Flyingbullseye

There is only so much you can do with zombies, and it all has been done. The only real drama is the other survivors you have to deal with. That is where this season will go. All of the end of the civilization shows or movies have to bring up the humans fighting humans to survive. Who can you trust deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is only so much you can do with zombies, and it all has been done. The only real drama is the other survivors you have to deal with. That is where this season will go. All of the end of the civilization shows or movies have to bring up the humans fighting humans to survive. Who can you trust deal. </div></div>

Serves to illustrate a pretty sad human trait.

More guns and zombie slaying and less drama. I was really dissapointed with the season opener and it looks as though we will see more of the idiots get eaten. Why not properly arm everyone and get some road warrior style rides and go hunting? I probably won't stick with the show if the participants continue to act like zombies...

It does get frustrating with how dumb they act per situation. But it is still entertaining. Quite the twist at the end of last episode.

If the show is lucky once Breaking Bad ends after next season they'll pick up their writers and finally have some real drama and character development.

I keep waiting for the moment where Darrel says "In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti" and double taps one in the head.

Well , with people like the most part of us here in the forum I'd be curious to see how many zombies 'd be going around after few days from the beginning of the pandemia , it's just a silly TV show but quite good for entertaining IMHO

PP out

To enjoy a show like that, all you need is to imagine they are from Hollywood and Washington.

If it was made with the members of SH, the show wouldn`t last very long...
wink.gif

I am on the fence on this one.. I mean part of me says, it's a really entertaining show. The other half doesn't want to waste time watching this surreal bullshit.

Like previously pointed out, why haven't they done a better job of scavenging up goods. I mean, they could be going through the trunks of cop cars for better things than just road flares, why not grab that humvee while they're at it? It's better than that old Jeep Wagoneer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssgp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To enjoy a show like that, all you need is to imagine they are from Hollywood and Washington.

If it was made with the members of SH, the show wouldn`t last very long...
wink.gif
</div></div>

Zombies running down the street away from SH members. I joked with coworkers that if the zombie apocolypse comes, you'd be able to see my house from the air. It would be a the center of a 300 yard cone of zombie bodies piled on top of each other.

Science fiction isn't so much about the future as it is about the present. Romero used zombies to make commentary about current American culture. Mindless Sci-fi does the shoot-em up and action route, but that is just fluff. Uber arming them would get in the way of exploring the humanity of the situation.

I'd still like to see what a turned on group with suppressors, radios (I can't beleive they haven't picked any up?), NV googles and some hardened vehicles would look like. Chances are they already passed that group and they just let them pass. A suppressed 22 with subsonic ammo would rock.

Anyone notice how violent and brutal the group is becoming (and we chear it on). The people are more violent than the zombies now.

Anyone been watching "Talking Dead", they cover some of these questions, and it is insightful what they won't talk about.

The whole zombie thing WTF. At first it is kinda stupid but if it entertains people. Now, the zombie apocolypse if it happens. What do people do. I watch a part of a show on the History channel about this. How does this get on the History channel. Because through the history dead is dead. Now zombie bullets. I just don't get it.
Tomorrow it will be vampires what do we do? Quit watching TV/

Be prepared!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQWb-5nblx4&feature=youtu.be"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQWb-5nblx4&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I really liked the first season but to be honest, I'm starting to root for the zombies...

Alright guys, I'm going to try to be a caller on the Talking Dead show that runs after the show. I'm going to ask why the cast hasn't/doesn't gather up the endless weapons they constantly walk right past/ignore. The show begs the question, because I think any normal person would have a truck load of guns.

I want to know why the sheriff is still wearing the same nasty ass uniform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to know why the sheriff is still wearing the same nasty ass uniform. </div></div>

Because:

e666h1.jpg

Love the show. But why are they not raiding some homes in small town GA? The could at least get some clean clothes.

I like the show...my wife? Not so much. Tonight she was watching whatever show she was watching downstairs and she came upstairs just as they were pulling the 'floater' out of the well. One geek in the whole episode and she walks in just as they cave his head in.