• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Walking Dead season 2

Re: Walking Dead season 2

I agree the wife does not like the show at all! I love it! Its on teh DVR gonna watch it in a few!

Have any of you read the comics? It gets pretty dark in those and there is no way most of it could get put on tv at all. I won't give away the title of the show, but I know the reason behind it, and its not because there are a lot of zombies walking around I'll give you that much. Assuming season 2 explains it like the comic book did, it will be a freaking awesome episode.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have any of you read the comics? It gets pretty dark in those and there is no way most of it could get put on tv at all. I won't give away the title of the show, but I know the reason behind it, and its not because there are a lot of zombies walking around I'll give you that much. Assuming season 2 explains it like the comic book did, it will be a freaking awesome episode. </div></div>

I'm waiting for that episode, this episode 'Cherokee Rose' was really riding the brakes. At the end of this season you might need to give us the comic version of the story with spoilers so we can all get in on the reasoning behind their anti-common sense.

I can't give too much away, but I'm hoping that the title will get explained this season. It has to do with Shane and the sherif in the book. There are 12 of the comic books and some of them get pretty dark.

I would like to know why there hasn't been a good flame thrower scene yet. Really glad the zombies aren't fast movers though, makes for a great slug fest for the bats and machetes.

Their host made a vague allusion to things not being what they seemed in his little heaven. He said there are somethings that he would not talk about?

They are lucky the floater fell into the well and didn't walk into their house.

Good show, wish they would close the little girl story line one way or the other and get on with it. I think they have totally lost the audience's interest in that story line.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm hoping that the title </div></div>

What's the title?

This show is already getting "dextered"...as in they are slowly getting away from the manly shit and trying to gain a wider audience pool. An example of this is at the end of last week's episode. I don't even want to guess how much airtime will be wasted on the preggers issue. First it was the little girl missing, now it's some pregnant chic that already sucks as a character.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm hoping that the title </div></div>

What's the title? </div></div>

The Walking Dead. Its the title of the show.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm hoping that the title </div></div>

What's the title? </div></div>

The Walking Dead. Its the title of the show. </div></div>

Oh, I was thinking there was a different title for this season that I had missed, like <span style="font-style: italic">'The Walking Dead, the Death of Logic'</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJW117</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the show...my wife? Not so much. Tonight she was watching whatever show she was watching downstairs and she came upstairs just as they were pulling the 'floater' out of the well. One geek in the whole episode and she walks in just as they cave his head in. </div></div>

At least she did not see him get ripped in half.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This show is already getting "dextered"...as in they are slowly getting away from the manly shit and trying to gain a wider audience pool. An example of this is at the end of last week's episode. I don't even want to guess how much airtime will be wasted on the preggers issue. First it was the little girl missing, now it's some pregnant chic that already sucks as a character. </div></div>

I concur. My guess is the pregger will give birth to a half walker, half human crumb snatcher. Then they will use this little beast to syphon "miracle" blood from and cure the world. Then the little girl will be found, with a shocking twist, to be training a group of walkers to be "considerate" of others.

I'll let you know how accurate that baby theory is as soon as I get ahold of the comics again to freshen my memory up. But they have already departed from the comic line. The sheriffs kid did get shot in the comics, but that wasn't how it happened. I'm also trying to remember if he died or not in the books.

I live for the show every Sunday evening... it's bittersweet. I know I get to watch a new episode of The Walking Dead, but bummed out my weekend has come to an end and I've gotta go back to work the next day. ugh.

I'm gonna have this under the Christmas tree this year.
"The Walking Dead Compendium"... over 1,000 pages and a hefty weight of almost 6-pounds. I figure, this should keep me busy once the 2nd season comes to an end.

And for those who didn't hear, with this year's added success, they have secured the rights to do a 3rd season next year. *w00t!*

fb5fa84b.gif

Walking dead has turned into a soap opera. The missing little girl was the absolute worst idea for a storyline ever. They should do us all a favor and just make a movie out of JL Borne's Day By Day Armageddon and be done with it.

You need to go read the comics then, you will be much happier. I'm thinking that the peoples land they are on now keep zombies alive in the barn. One, because the old guy said not to go near there to Rick and he needs to move on for reasons he won't explain. Sounds like some messed up people keeping a dark secret to me.

You should read JL Bornes books and see why I am not as happy. Howevere if you are buying walking dead comics then I am sure you already have read them.

Still from the other zombie flicks, Walking Dead is way superior.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Walking dead has turned into a soap opera. The missing little girl was the absolute worst idea for a storyline ever. They should do us all a favor and just make a movie out of JL Borne's Day By Day Armageddon and be done with it. </div></div>

Yes, yes and yes.

my guess is that the baby is actually the bald guys.
any guesses to why the barns like that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EvanB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally a good episode!
Hopefully more to come.... </div></div>

I agree. I also went to wikipedia to read forward on the original story. Things are definitely going to get more exciting.

I enjoyed the redneck's hallucination of his brother. I was kinda hopin we would see that guy again.
Why is the old guy keeping walkers in the barn? Relatives? Does he think one day they can be 'cured'? Is the jap guy going to take maggie when they leave?

Yes the zombies in the barn are family. In the comics its only one zombie but for tv they spiced it up a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm hoping for more geek action and less standing around than last season. </div></div>

We're running a couple of weeeks behinf in the UK on this.

But I'm still amazed at how this series pads out very thin story lines for week after week.......apart from the girl going missing, the boy getting shot, the bad cop shooting the country boy so he can get away from the zombies, the Asian guy getting a quickie on the floor of the pharmacy and now the possibility of a pregnancy feud...........there's not too much going on!

Hope it picks up soon!

I've not yet read the comic books, but I gathered as much that the zombies in the barn are family members / friends. I'm guessing the old man is holding out just in case there comes a cure one of these days.

I'm curious to see Lori's (sp?) pregnancy and a baby really complicates matters. How in the hell is she gonna waddle around at 9-months pregnant and fend off the undead? Hahaha. This is gonna get good.
smile.gif

You guys enjoy tonights pre-midseason finale? I'm hoping they are going to (spoiler alert) kill off Shane next episode but I'm sure they won't. The commercials are usually misleading. But Shane does die, at least in the comic books and its great.

I am with you guys, I would be scrounging all that I could carry in my stolen humvee.
Maybe I should steel a 5 ton truck as well to carry all of my $hit. they have driven right past SOOO much that it drives me crazy. every car that I passed would get an ice pick in the gas tank so that I could get every drop.

My guess is that the old man just creeps them out too much and they pull up stakes taking Maggie with them.

Darrell has the greatest chance of survival because of his take no prisoners attitude. He does need to head down to dicks though and get some more bolts for his bow.

Strong finish.

I want to feel sorry for the old man, but just can't.

I thought he boy Carl was going to finish off the litle girl, but I guess we aren't there yet.

What is it with shotguns, all that weight, tough to reload. I know they want to emphasize the humanity of the characters and that some AR15s would make it almost too easy, but how about a Ruger 22?

I, for one, am glad the little girl side story has ended with a bullet to the dome. Tragic? Sure. It we all knew she was a walker by now.

Awesome show can't wait until Feb. when it starts back up. guess i'll just have to watch all of them again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I, for one, am glad the little girl side story has ended with a bullet to the dome. Tragic? Sure. It we all knew she was a walker by now. </div></div>

+1
smile.gif

Love Walking Dead. Just started watching Hell on Wheels too. Seems pretty good so far.

Ok you military guys are gonna have to help me out here. In season 1 Rick was in the tank. There were 2 shells still in the tank. Wouldn't they have been a good haul? Get on top of a building and drop that sucker? I know that sounds too easy and is probably not possible without actually firing the shell but still. Where are all the rifles left laying around when the military was overrun? The ammo? Don't these asshats know how to find a gunstore replete with powder and loading supplies galore? Maybe most of it was used up but once the populace began to turn enmasse there should have been somewhere to find plenty of ammo and guns. Any one can easily suppress a 22 rifle if gunshots are heard by the walkers and rings the dinnerbell. Merle could have killed every walker on that block from his position with any scoped 22 rifle and a couple bricks of ammo. Just doesn't make sense but it is entertaining. The soap opera vibe that is setting in has gotten a bit taxing.

You have to remember that this is a TV show and actual "reality" does not make for a good audience or ratings. The tank shells would have to be fired, plus they would not fall strait down if dropped off a building. Its more of a survival show rather than a kill everything show.