• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Wanting an Ultra 5 or 7, out of stock everywhere.

stello1001

Professional Newb
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Corpus Christi TX
    Hello all,

As title states, I'm wanting to make a purchase for a TBAC ultra 5 but will get a 7 if I find one. Because I can't find either, should I just start looking into a different manufacture/suppressor?

I've never bought one and this would be my first. With that said, I don't know if they're out of stock everywhere because that's the way the suppressor industry is, or if they just haven't had any in ages.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...
    Are they expected to be stocked soon and I should wait? Maybe they make very few of these and are constantly supplying dealers when they run out.

Or...

Maybe I should just look for something else because there is no light at the end of the tunnel...

Also, for when i do find one and start with the long process, I welcome any advice lol.

I plan to do a single person trust with just myself (obviously) in it but maybe add someone else down the road. I've thought about doing the single shot trust from silencer shop as well as their tax stamp. @SilencerShop do you have anything to advice?

Thanks,

S

8F0DAC51-9E49-445B-AC96-F8CDFD0D899E.jpeg

Damn, you two were fast haha. I went through a very long list of Google search online stores and all of them had these items out of stock...

@blbennett1288
    If I'm understanding your link correctly, it seems mile high has the ultra 5 headed it's way as I type this. Meaning they will have it in stock soon.

If that is the case I will hold out on purchasing the ultra 7 from HansohnBrothers as I am wanting the 5 over 7.

The Single Shot Trust is a great option if you plan to add folks to your trust later. Once your Form 4 is approved, you are free to add more people using a simple amendment that you receive attached with your trust. The amendment document makes the process much easier because you only need to submit your demographics, fingerprints and photo. As opposed to a regular NFA Trust which requires that from all responsible people on the trust.

Our blog post "A Buyer's Guide: Individual vs. Trust" is a great resource for helping you make your final decision.

I hope this helps!

I couldn’t make my mind up between the 5 and 7 so I went with the DOMINUS-CB

I already called and asked for help locating a dealer that carries the 5. The nice lady helped me with that as well as pointed me towards the Dominus. Oh boy, now I that there's another option in the mix, it's going to make it difficult for me haha. I like the ultra 5 for it's length but now really looking at the Dominus myself...

Reactions: blbennett1288
    The lady who answers the phone at TBAC kicks ass! I called a while back looking for a 338 CB brake in an odd thread pitch, she said "we're out of stock but please hold". She got back on the phone and found a blem after a legit search and sold it to me for a great price.

Customer service wins.

Reactions: stello1001
    I already called and asked for help locating a dealer that carries the 5. The nice lady helped me with that as well as pointed me towards the Dominus. Oh boy, now I that there's another option in the mix, it's going to make it difficult for me haha. I like the ultra 5 for it's length but now really looking at the Dominus myself...

Mile High has the Dominus CB and SR in stock.

I've been doing research and making sure I understand the process...

From a different thread, it seems as if I can purchase a silencer outside of silencer shop and still buy the single shot trust as well as their tax stamp.

quote from silencershop below:

"Yes, you may use our kiosk, Single Shot Trust and tax stamp services when you purchase outside of the Silencer Shop Network. However, your suppressor will need to be transferred to a "PoweredBy Silencer Shop" dealer in order to leverage our system.

We have a Class 3 Finder on our website to help locate a PoweredBy dealer near you (Must be in your state)"

I was able to use their class 3 finder and located a dealer 20 minutes from me. I gave him a call to see if he could be my dealer on this purchase. From what he told me, it seems I am not able to purchase the tax stamp and trust from silencer shop if I'm not buying the silencer from them. Perhaps he is not very well aware.

The other thing I could think of, he might be trying to save me money. He'll charge me $60 to transfer the can to me, this also includes fingerprints, filling out the form 4, sending my tax stamp money order, setting up the trust, and holding on to the can for whatever amount of time it takes. He does not do pictures so I'll have to do that on my own.

This would seem to be the best way for me. Anyone that's done this before care to share?

On a side note, I'm still debating which can I want. I'm really liking that the Dominus CB is not too long, and has very good suppression, better than the ultra 5. However, with a bare muzzle, I am able to see the tip of the barrel of my 223 through the scope. The dominus has a larger diameter than the ultra5 and I'm thinking it's gonna take a bit of FOV on lower mag.

Does anyone find their suppressors getting in the way of the image?

By the way, I appreciate everyone's time and input.

Hello all,

As title states, I'm wanting to make a purchase for a TBAC ultra 5 but will get a 7 if I find one.
    We are out of 5, but have plenty of Ultra 7 in stock. If your dealer is Silencer Shop Powered, they can use your SS account to submit the form 4.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/thunder-beast/silencers/30-caliber/ultra-7-30/

If you need a dealer, you can use our Dealer Locator to find one near you. If they aren't listed, you can have your dealer send their FFL and SOT and we will add them.

I've been doing research and making sure I understand the process...

From a different thread, it seems as if I can purchase a silencer outside of silencer shop and still buy the single shot trust as well as their tax stamp.

quote from silencershop below:

"Yes, you may use our kiosk, Single Shot Trust and tax stamp services when you purchase outside of the Silencer Shop Network. However, your suppressor will need to be transferred to a "PoweredBy Silencer Shop" dealer in order to leverage our system.

We have a Class 3 Finder on our website to help locate a PoweredBy dealer near you (Must be in your state)"

I was able to use their class 3 finder and located a dealer 20 minutes from me. I gave him a call to see if he could be my dealer on this purchase. From what he told me, it seems I am not able to purchase the tax stamp and trust from silencer shop if I'm not buying the silencer from them. Perhaps he is not very well aware.

The other thing I could think of, he might be trying to save me money. He'll charge me $60 to transfer the can to me, this also includes fingerprints, filling out the form 4, sending my tax stamp money order, setting up the trust, and holding on to the can for whatever amount of time it takes. He does not do pictures so I'll have to do that on my own.

This would seem to be the best way for me. Anyone that's done this before care to share?

On a side note, I'm still debating which can I want. I'm really liking that the Dominus CB is not too long, and has very good suppression, better than the ultra 5. However, with a bare muzzle, I am able to see the tip of the barrel of my 223 through the scope. The dominus has a larger diameter than the ultra5 and I'm thinking it's gonna take a bit of FOV on lower mag.

Does anyone find their suppressors getting in the way of the image?

By the way, I appreciate everyone's time and input.
    Did you ask the dealer to just get it for you from Silencershop? Then you would be buying from him, he makes his margin, and doesn’t hammer you with the fee.

Did you ask the dealer to just get it for you from Silencershop? Then you would be buying from him, he makes his margin, and doesn’t hammer you with the fee.

He has a deadair Nomad 30 in stock for slightly less than Silencershop. If I went this route, I would simply use a kiosk to do fingerprints and picture. The single shot trust and tac stamp could be purchased via Silencershop online and it would be a very straightforward process hassle free.

However, I don't want the Nomad 30. I would prefer the Dominus CB although initially I wanted an Ultra 5.

If I bought the Dominus CB from elsewhere and had it shipped to him, I would have to pay him the $60 service charge. This includes:
    fingerprints
    him mailing away my tax stamp
    filing form 4
    holding can for me for however long
    transferring can to my name

It would not include pictures nor trust. I was under the impression the trust would be included but we spoke again and he confirmed the trust is not included.

He also mentioned I would not be able to buy the single shot gun trust from SS but I don't think he is well informed on that. I spoke to SS and they were able to confirm that he is a dealer they work with and buying the tax trust from them would work.

At this point, that's probably what I will do. I'm gonna make him understand that SS trust will work one way or another haha. He might have to call them and inquire about it. It's a very small town and I'm sure the amount of suppressor sales he makes is way way less than a big store like SS. It's likely he's just stuck in old ways.

He has a deadair Nomad 30 in stock for slightly less than Silencershop. If I went this route, I would simply use a kiosk to do fingerprints and picture. The single shot trust and tac stamp could be purchased via Silencershop online and it would be a very straightforward process hassle free.

However, I don't want the Nomad 30. I would prefer the Dominus CB although initially I wanted an Ultra 5.

If I bought the Dominus CB from elsewhere and had it shipped to him, I would have to pay him the $60 service charge. This includes:
    fingerprints
    him mailing away my tax stamp
    filing form 4
    holding can for me for however long
    transferring can to my name

It would not include pictures nor trust. I was under the impression the trust would be included but we spoke again and he confirmed the trust is not included.

He also mentioned I would not be able to buy the single shot gun trust from SS but I don't think he is well informed on that. I spoke to SS and they were able to confirm that he is a dealer they work with and buying the tax trust from them would work.

At this point, that's probably what I will do. I'm gonna make him understand that SS trust will work one way or another haha. He might have to call them and inquire about it. It's a very small town and I'm sure the amount of suppressor sales he makes is way way less than a big store like SS. It's likely he's just stuck in old ways.
    He probably got that nomad from SS, no reason why he couldn’t get you something else. Seems like he’s being weird. His call to abide by his policies, but I don’t get it. Silencershop does all the docs for $25, regardless of where the item came from.

i needed the odd threading CB for a TRG, it had showed out of stock on the website for sometime... i emailed and they got back to me next business day and shipped it same day after i paid for it :)
    if i were to buy another supressor, it would be TBAC

Reactions: HansohnBrothers