• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wanting to buy a FNH SPR and start from there

Cyrus_B

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2007
San Antonio, Tx
I have decided to bite the bullet and use some of my tax return to purchase my first sniper rifle, a FNH SPR from Buds (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/582/products_id/58123), (http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF006&gid=FNG005&mid=FNM0008) and start from there. Here's the setup I'm thinking I might go with:

FNH SPR A1 with 24" barrel
US Optics ST-10S from CSTactial.com
Badger Rings
Harris Bipod

What do ya guys think? This a good setup for me to start with?

Re: Wanting to buy a FNH SPR and start from there

I think you can't go wrong. But may I suggest looking at the for sale section. There is a FN SPR in an A4 stock for sale there. That would get you a better stock (adjustable). It has been bed by APA, tac bolt knob and is a proven shooter for only 1400. The rifle is immaculate. Just a suggestion.

I have owned two FN's and the above suggestion is a friends. They have been solid, accurate shooters.

Lots of guys on here have started with FN SPR's. I did...I still shoot one as well. CDI makes some good bottom metal for them so you can use AI mags.

There are a few used ones here on the hide that you might get for a pretty good deal. Just some food for thought.....For a few hundred more though you can probably pick up a pretty good used custom stick.

Have you looked in the for sale section on here?

I think SPR's are great. I'm not sure why they aren't more popular. I love mine.

Love mine, nuff said.

But if you get the DBM version, definitely get Jeff at CDI to install his bottom metal. It is the tits.

I have one in the shop right now and I like, it. I have done a bunch of Tactical Bolt Knob Conversions on them.

I like the chrome lined bore, all I have seen in the shop have been really good shooting rifles.

Fluting is a plus for most.

Overall solid rifle.

The bedding is pretty cheesy, its pretty much hot glue. You will probably want pillar bedding job.

The CDI bottom metal is a nice upgrade, the action does have to be modified and machined in order for it to work. Not a problem, just a little more work and probably cant be done with out a milling machine with carbide tooling.

Mark

Here is your perfect opportunity!!!
smile.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1857287&page=1

just sayin'........

If your stuck on the fn/win action and want to build on the rifle as you go along you can still get the fn boat patrol rifle for around $700

I got a used SPR A1A 20" with the plain barrel. I have yet to get a tac bolt handle or bed it but it shoots great right now. Best I have done is 5 for .46 c2c. A fellow sniper who is an instructor put them all in a single ragged hole so she can deff do better than i can.

As others have stated there are some great used ones here on the hide that I would have gotten but they were not there when I bought. Check here before buying!!

FNH SPR are great rifles, chromed barrel makes maintenance easy. 24" barrel will give you enough velocity with right load to get out to 1000 yards.

I would have to agree that the adjustable stock would be preferred. Or you can add a Karsten cheek piece later if needed for less.

10x fixed scope is nice and enough, but variable mag would be better if you are shooting at different distances. But then some argue that variable mag just gets you confused in ranging and adjustments when stressed. U.S. optics are quality scopes so you can't go wrong with either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one in the shop right now and I like, it. I have done a bunch of Tactical Bolt Knob Conversions on them.

</div></div>

Yes, Mark does a wonderful job on FN SPR's.
FNHBOBoltKnob2.jpg