• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WARNING ~ TR ~ My experience

Re: WARNING ~ TR ~ My experience

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that yet again is a wrong assumtion from a bunch of rednecks. that isnt a picture of me. have a nice day </div></div>

Cesiumsponge found your personal Facebook page. I convinced him to take it down. More lies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that yet again is a wrong assumtion from a bunch of rednecks. that isnt a picture of me. have a nice day </div></div>

I must say, if Shank's research is wrong this has to be the biggest coincidence in the history of coincidences.

It is always scary when an amateur transitions from a shovel to an excavator to finish his hole out.

Rob posted comments all over Tactical Rifle's wall. All anyone had to do is click on Rob's name and go straight to his personal Facebook page, which is set up as publicly viewable to the entire world, along with his entire photo gallery which he set as public access.

There was very little legwork to be done. Everything brought up was public information. The photo gallery is full of self-portraits of your time in the sandbox. Everyone's been respectful enough to leave those photos alone.

This thread couldn't get any better, Shankster nice touch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cesiumsponge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob posted comments all over Tactical Rifle's wall. All anyone had to do is click on Rob's name and go straight to his personal Facebook page, which is set up as publicly viewable to the entire world, along with his entire photo gallery which he set as public access.

There was very little legwork to be done. Everything brought up was public information. The photo gallery is full of self-portraits of your time in the sandbox. Everyone's been respectful enough to leave those photos alone. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">BTW, NDNBOY71's Facebook page says he lives in Oklahoma City. That's 7 minutes from Quantico's armorers? Dude the pic is yours</span>

image removed by request

A custom rifle has to do more than just be accurate.

Factory Remmys and savages are accurate.

You're buying a premium product here and the accuracy is the minimum of whats acceptable.

Fit, finish, quality components, durability, details details details, before and after sale service are all expected when it comes to premium products.

Sir, it was clear from the moment you got here that you had an agenda, it was so obvious that even I picked on it. As mentioned already, there is but one move left...........
Come clean and tell the rest of the story, otherwise this discussion will continue without you, and only get worse.

Whats next, another new member gonna suddenly appear and defend TR, or tell us that you have nothing to do with them and try and repair all this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Whats next, another new member gonna suddenly appear and defend TR, or tell us that you have nothing to do with them and try and repair all this? </div></div>

Gecko45 tactics, veeeery sneaky.

legendary-thread-2.jpg

Griffon- I'm amazed that anyone could watch that video and think the customer or I made it up as a "hit job". Unbelievable.

As to your comments about the bottom metal, if you watch the video again you'll see that there were many more problems other than small screw heads. Why you focused in on that one particular item but yet still didn't see the full details of that item is a mystery.

This is a small industry and I don't go around badmouthing other smiths. I'm friends with many of them and have phone and email conversations with different builders on a regular basis. Many of them are big names you've seen here and some are small shop garage guys you've never heard of that do outstanding work. As I said it's a small community and as far as I know I don't have any enemies out there in this business. We all have enough work that we help each other when ever possible with advice, and techniques. Sometimes we talk just to blow off steam about things from one professional to another.

In this particular case the work was so bad that I gave the customer my permission to put it on youtube and make it public. I don't feel like I did anything wrong and certainly wasn't trying to do a "hit job".

Your accusation is false and I find it offensive.

Marc

Man those pictures look so similar, I would be hard press to see them as two different people, but after the posts made, and especially telling you guys how wrong you were, I would have to take his word for it since he is a Navy Vet and that trumps rednecks on the inter webs. Mad Google Fu be damned you're questioning a Corpsman in the Navy, can't have that.

Then again, Eric Reid formerly of GAP is at the Precision Weapons Section in Quantico so a phone call tomorrow can tell who inspected the 3 rifles after hours to verify it. Or if that even happened, which of course it did, a service member put it in print more than once on here.

Still, I think you guys have no chance of convincing anyone ndnboy71 is affiliated with Tactical Rifles no matter how you try. He told you he is not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hit job is the representative of the company suggesting the rifle owner is lying and altered the rifle to make the company look bad, or to suggest Marc was being fooled by the owner and wouldn't know an after the fact hack job meant to make the rifle look bad.

The hit job is the company surrogate coming on without acknowledging his connection to the company and his insider status while suggesting highly un-plausible possibilities as to why we are looking at these issues, basically everything but the company might have sent out a sub-standard product. From attacking the character of the rifle owner to the character of the site, that is a hit job. </div></div>

I'm confused. I don't work for Tactical Rifles.net. I didn't even know of them prior to 6 weeks ago.

I went to a course and realized my M24 wasn't a real M24 when I looked at the barrel and saw "Tacticalrifles.net" engraved near the chamber.

I was reporting my experience with their rifle, and observations of 10 other rifles made by the company.

Maybe their QC is all over the map. Maybe they have 40 rifle builders and the guns I saw were all made by one of those. I have no idea, but the guns I saw weren't in need of massive re-work. Proper bedding is probably something I would have done if I owned the rifle I shot. The barrel touching the stock bothered me mentally, the heavy trigger would have been replaced. I probably would have done something with the adjustable HS buttplate that wiggled (a problem with HS M24 buttplates). But I would have been happy to have been given the rifle to keep. I don't currently have a bolt gun and that was a nice accurate bolt gun.
</div></div>

Maybe you and tactical rifles.net can link up and sell combo packages....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not saying you did anything other than post a video. And did the work shown, While I have no doubt that you are a capable rifle smith. However the man that brought you the rifle is another story. I personally think there is something hokie going on with that. All of a sudden 4 years after the purchase he is having problems with the rifle. The accuracy is bad, sounds to me like he shot the barrel out, And possibly was looking to get something for nothing. And after being told no but the company he got you to go along with what has just happened. Have you asked him if he tried to take it back to them to get it fixed (4 years later) also that all of a sudden there are all these guys out there that have purchased these rifles and had nothing but problems with them. Which I find that very hard to believe. And for those of you that find it hard to believe that someone would do that to a rifle they paid money for . I have seen people go in to car dealers with intentionally messed up cars just to get a new one under the warranty right before it ran out. Some People do messed up things to get what they want. I also think that this website as big as what it is is chock full of people that are willing to tear any company down that they either don’t have any REAL experience in shooting their rifles that can be verified in the real world and not on some forum such as this. Or that they are the paid competitors of tactical rifles or at least have some connection to one of the several companies to them. I think also that there has to be more to the story behind that letter that frank posted. Remember there is always two sides to every story. And all you are getting on here is the bad accusatory side. why dont you call the companty and let them defend thier product instead of just running off making wild accusations. </div></div>

Anyone else notice how different the grammar, syntax and spelling this particular post is compared with the others "He" wrote?

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=74793

One thing is clear from all of this...It's nice to know that Spartan Rifles is a few miles from me and now I have a good smith to do some work on my rifles. And it also looks like the shitastic bedding job that I did on a rifle (which I'll be taking to Marc for a fix) would get me a job at TR.

One more thing is clear - pretty sure TR won't be the outfit doing the next SH rifle group buy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more thing is clear - pretty sure TR won't be the outfit doing the next SH rifle group buy. </div></div>

That saddens me.....
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not saying you did anything other than post a video. And did the work shown, While I have no doubt that you are a capable rifle smith. However the man that brought you the rifle is another story. I personally think there is something hokie going on with that. All of a sudden 4 years after the purchase he is having problems with the rifle. The accuracy is bad, sounds to me like he shot the barrel out, And possibly was looking to get something for nothing. And after being told no but the company he got you to go along with what has just happened. Have you asked him if he tried to take it back to them to get it fixed (4 years later) also that all of a sudden there are all these guys out there that have purchased these rifles and had nothing but problems with them. Which I find that very hard to believe. And for those of you that find it hard to believe that someone would do that to a rifle they paid money for . I have seen people go in to car dealers with intentionally messed up cars just to get a new one under the warranty right before it ran out. Some People do messed up things to get what they want. I also think that this website as big as what it is is chock full of people that are willing to tear any company down that they either don’t have any REAL experience in shooting their rifles that can be verified in the real world and not on some forum such as this. Or that they are the paid competitors of tactical rifles or at least have some connection to one of the several companies to them. I think also that there has to be more to the story behind that letter that frank posted. Remember there is always two sides to every story. And all you are getting on here is the bad accusatory side. why dont you call the companty and let them defend thier product instead of just running off making wild accusations. </div></div>

Anyone else notice how different the grammar, syntax and spelling this particular post is compared with the others "He" wrote?

</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Holy shit! You're right. It's not even the same guy typing. Are you a wizard?</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more thing is clear - pretty sure TR won't be the outfit doing the next SH rifle group buy. </div></div>

And thankfully so

Outfuckingstanding Googlefu Shankster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mad Google Fu be damned you're questioning a Corpsman in the Navy, can't have that.</div></div>

The last corpsman I dealt with made me get the flu spray 6 months in a row. Who was I to doubt his skillz.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then again, Eric Reid formerly of GAP is at the Precision Weapons Section in Quantico so a phone call tomorrow can tell who inspected the 3 rifles after hours to verify it. Or if that even happened, which of course it did, a service member put it in print more than once on here. </div></div>

Do it and end this once and for all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="font-weight: bold">Holy shit! You're right. It's not even the same guy typing. Are you a wizard?</span> </div></div>

OK, I missed something obvious right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="font-weight: bold">Holy shit! You're right. It's not even the same guy typing. Are you a wizard?</span> </div></div>

OK, I missed something obvious right? </div></div>

No, it is totally different people typing. I would have never noticed it. Props to you QQ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

OK, I missed something obvious right? </div></div>

If you missed something obvious, so did I. My first thought when I read that was that it was written by a totally different person.

Re: WARNING ~ tacticalrifles.net ~ My experience

As far as I am concerned TR not even in the same league as GAP, BlackOps, Tac-Ops, SAC, or Spartan Rifles. How many TR rifles do you see compared to the other ones that I have mentioned.

They just ruined any business with me and hopefully others too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not saying you did anything other than post a video. And did the work shown, While I have no doubt that you are a capable rifle smith. However the man that brought you the rifle is another story. I personally think there is something hokie going on with that. All of a sudden 4 years after the purchase he is having problems with the rifle. The accuracy is bad, sounds to me like he shot the barrel out, And possibly was looking to get something for nothing. And after being told no but the company he got you to go along with what has just happened. Have you asked him if he tried to take it back to them to get it fixed (4 years later) also that all of a sudden there are all these guys out there that have purchased these rifles and had nothing but problems with them. Which I find that very hard to believe. And for those of you that find it hard to believe that someone would do that to a rifle they paid money for . I have seen people go in to car dealers with intentionally messed up cars just to get a new one under the warranty right before it ran out. Some People do messed up things to get what they want. I also think that this website as big as what it is is chock full of people that are willing to tear any company down that they either don’t have any REAL experience in shooting their rifles that can be verified in the real world and not on some forum such as this. Or that they are the paid competitors of tactical rifles or at least have some connection to one of the several companies to them. I think also that there has to be more to the story behind that letter that frank posted. Remember there is always two sides to every story. And all you are getting on here is the bad accusatory side. why dont you call the companty and let them defend thier product instead of just running off making wild accusations. </div></div>

</div></div>

Only a redneck would see that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as I am concerned TR not even in the same league as GAP, BlackOps, Tac-Ops, SAC, or Spartan Rifles. How many TR rifles do you see compared to the other ones that I have mentioned.

They just ruined any business with me and hopefully others too. </div></div>

Any company that has been over for as long as they have 5+ years. I have a mag article from 2007. They have more then a few employees, and advertise A LOT. I see at least 5 of them per month in magazines. That is NOT counting whatever internet or other advertising that I don't see. I would say they SELL a lot of rifles. On that note, back in the day I used to see them ALL over gunbroker selling barreled action, complete rifles and services.

I have seen them in Magazines also and a TV show, I can't remember which TV Show but they were shooting a M40 in 6.5x47 Lapua. But as far as people goes I have not heard that many good things about them or seen anyone say "Look at what I just bought" thread praising them for there work, like I have seen the other builders that I have mentioned. As far as I can tell (my opinion again) they could have built an outstanding rifles for the Magazines and TV shows knowing the publicity and then slouched on other customers. I have not seen or heard of that happening with the mentioned builders I mentioned.

My last post is just my opinion on from what I have seen personally. I have dealt with BlackOps, APA and SAC (Mark has my rifle right now) they are all top notch builders, with great customer services. I think (in my opinion) if that kind of craftsmanship would have left there shop they would be very upset and would want to take care of the customer. Most builders have guarantees on there workman ship that it will last (except the barrel, and not a excessive amount of Abuse) and not just a couple of years. I am not a expert but the craftsmen ship that I see in the video is crappy.

Not to mention I hate<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="text-decoration: underline">most</span></span> lawyers. That is retarded. He sent a lawyer to do his job. Why didn't he become a member and try to explain himself, or say its a "fake" rifle that I didn't build.

A few years ago I wanted to get into precision shooting and considered them.... of course there brochure was awesome!

After waiting a few years and going with Mark @ SAC I'm glad I did.

Who knows, my first rifle my have been this one and it may have ruined my outlook on the whole sport. Sorry to the OP but happy for you it was made right by a competent smith.

I can tell you this, I'll never own one and I'll make sure all MY "real operators" know about them.

LL, make this a sticky with the first post ONLY.

I am starting to think ndnboy71 is here for "damage control" from the company as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am starting to think ndnboy71 is here for "damage control" from the company as well.</div></div> one who's fighting 'kitchen fires' with a flamethrower.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i see you are taking a page from the iberal handbook on debates, if you dont have an actual responce you respond with demeaning remarks. </div></div>

laugh.gif
What a great Conpany. Yeah right! I've seen enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think anyone on here is a Redneck.

I've yet to see any of you guys at the monthly Redneck meetings
</div></div>

oh i'm sure there are plenty of rednecks here. i can't be the only one with 6 non-running yard cars.

I would just like to say that I called it on page 3 that the person posting was the guy in the picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think anyone on here is a Redneck.

I've yet to see any of you guys at the monthly Redneck meetings
</div></div>

oh i'm sure there are plenty of rednecks here. i can't be the only one with 6 non-running yard cars. </div></div>

SIX? Ha, that's a good start. Were they running when you parked them?

I still think the truth would be the easiest way to end all of this mess.

Just over 24hrs after this thread began, someone can Google "tactical rifles.net" and this will appear on the first page.

imagine how much cash could have been salvaged in the long run had the company dealt with this issue right away? Any potential customer who does their research will find this thread immediately.

The short term cost of paying back $900.00 could have saved several thousands of dollars, maybe even more multiplying by years...obviously, paying back some of the money would implicitly indicate an error on the company's behalf. I guess the company will never know what might have been.

That, my friends, is called opporunity cost, and this opportunity is going to cost real big.

To the OP, a good friend of mine always tells me, "you have got to pay for education, in one way or another, time or money..." consider your payment paid in full. Glad you got your rifle repaired.

Sad, indeed.

I found this on another forum, and think is very similar to what we have here,

The negative customer review, the displeasure in service, the name calling, how they fault the "other guy" it was bad paint from K&G, etc.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=28260

See if this doesn't ring familiar here....

Just Google ndnboy71

All this shows up and more (both threads - or are they the same thread? I am confused)

(And the horny adult dating site)

He brought a good deal of negative press - if they just had contacted him immediately, they might have saved themselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found this on another forum, and think is very similar to what we have here,

The negative customer review, the displeasure in service, the name calling, how they fault the "other guy" it was bad paint from K&G, etc.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=28260

See if this doesn't ring familiar here.... </div></div>
Wow.
Deja Vu all over again.......

I've been through this same thing with Shooter's Depot and their shitty carbon fiber suppressors. The horrible product and service, then the shills trash talking their customers on forums, Youtube, etc. They are still in business somehow also. People just don't know what they are getting into. The best you can do is put this stuff online and hope lots of people see it.

Thanks to the OP and gunsmith who posted this and got the truth out.

Not a day goes by that I don't remember getting screwed over by Shooter's Depot, but I've got some solace in knowing that I've helped others avoid the same.
-Dan

Wow! Sounds like the rifle would have been the perfect mount for a countersniper scope. Glad it's worthy of better now thanks to Spartan.

Hmmm. That thread on the other forum reminds me of a fellow I met at the new MTC shooting place here in Michigan.

He explained to me he ordered a rifle from these folks over a year prior, and was getting all kinds of run-around on why it wasn't ready. He'd been promised 3-4 months.

What a bummer that outfit is.

Fucken wow! Just to think, I almost ordered a rifle from them. I can't believe this shit......amazed.