• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WARNING ~ TR ~ My experience

Re: WARNING ~ TR ~ My experience

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My biggest issue is here comes a video by the corrective smith, and everything is taken to the bank, w/o any question at all. The fan boys piled up like chickens in hot weather to the point where nramans first post in this thread was bankable w/o question.
</div></div>
Probably because the "corrective smith" is known to many as being honest and forthright. I would take anything Marc says to the bank.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I want to give tem every opportunity to address the issue. Maybe someone talks to them, maybe they feel it's not worth it, maybe they don't care what is posted. But the opportunity should be there.

Now they can call me, email, explain things, or not. But addressing the problem is one sure way to make it go away. Like people say there are two sides to every story, I want them to be able to tell their side of it. No strings attached. </div></div>

As a former customer of tacticalrifles, I know I'd appreciate an above board commentary from the owner / gunsmith on how & why this happened and how they will address it.

Buyers remorse? Perhaps. How this issue was / is being managed by them causes me a lot of concern.

Precision long range shooting is a small but ever growing community. I've had a couple of people interested in starting this as a hobby comment on my rifles (the one TR built for me included) and word of mouth does make a difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two years before seeking redemption, and posting a video about it is well, a little odd, to me. I've always found a problem/issue not put on the correction path today, only gets worst over time, be it customer or Mfg'er. </div></div>
I, too, have put guns back in the safe when something was wrong, and I just didn't have the time to deal with it. I even had a couple of rifles in the safe that I hadn't even test fired. Doesn't seem odd to me at all.

I will say that one of the guns that had something wrong, when it took me over a year to take it back to the gunsmith, he fell all over himself making it right... and it turned out not to be his work that was the problem. Pity that TR didn't have the same customer service priority.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Raul, would the ATF have any interest in a license holder that puts out products like this? Might a call to the Miami Branch be appropriate?
</div></div>

In short, no.

Its one thing if someone is an asshat and sells poor product. Its another thing if they are doing things in violation of the terms of their federal firearms license, either as a civil breach of the regulations that govern it, or criminally in the handling of firearms.

Not all conduct that is immoral or lacks commercial/personal integrity is unlawful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hearsay</div></div>

this doesnt help anything at all, probably shouldnt have even posted it

wait, what am I saying? sorry I just blacked out for a second there, carry on

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And the system isn't designed to provide a rememdy for people with five thousand dollar problems - that is, unless they are independently wealthy. </div></div>

Thanks for the insight Graham.

That is just wrong. Small wonder this sh1t happens then.

It just underlines to me yet another value of the Hide...to openly show and discuss the problem and give would-be purchasers an insight into the good, the bad and the down-right outrageous before they put their money down.

Wow. I read the entire thread only for the shear fact that I have NEVER seen a post mass up to 6 pages in less than a week. This thread had everything, mostly drama, lacking any real action.

JSC, I read and understand your issue with regards to the lack of acknowledgment from your good dealing, and a 1 or 2 others that chimed in. You wanna know why it was not given the recognition or credit you feel it deserves? Put this whole thread into perspective. OP had a rifle that was boogered from the start. TR stuck their nose up when he informed them of the issues and asked to cover the cost of repair.(I will get to the time issue) OPs smith makes a video to document the level of oopsie's for the customer. Customer, now unhappy, posts the video and story here.---------Now thats the start of the companies lack of integrity, sadly, not the end.

THEN, TR sends this NDN clown in to try to salvage a situation, but clearly takes the wrong path, only to make matters worse. This my friend, is a real conspiracy. You know, those things everybody likes to accuse everyone else of when they have an agenda. Except this is real. That really shows the folks reading the lack of a spine this company has. So you can see, to most folks, even if TR delivered your first born child, its highly unlikely they are going to pull out of this one. Dont take this the wrong way, but to be perfectly honest, I am suprised you have not been accused of conspiring with TR given their newly aquired reputation and recent history.

GF, I understand your issue with the whole 2 year wait. But thats just it, its YOUR issue. You mentioned chemo. So I am astounded that you can't imagine how no ones life is so structured and ridgid, that their whole world is going to stop and revolve around each event from start to finish. When it comes to a persons personal matters, I am not going to dig. Doing so may reveal personal details you didnt want to know about, or shouldnt know about. So the OP owes nothing as far as an explination to the wait, not to TR, the Hide or you. Consider the many times you hear a person is deployed during a rifle build, family death or illness, or whatever may tie a person up for two years. I have a perfectly running and restored camaro sitting in my garage, it has been sitting for two years this month? Is it anyones buisiness as to why? No! TR broadcasts themselves as a reputable smith that delivers high performance rifles. Does everyone who wants a high end rifle have to know to take a supposed high end rifle and have it spec'd out by another gunsmith immediately? You saying that its the buyers fault for not having this done, as much as it is the builder for screwing it up? Yeah, ok. Opposition only serves its purpose when there is something wrong or unjust being done. Its useless to be the opposing force just for the sake of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
. Dont take this the wrong way, but to be perfectly honest, I am suprised you have not been accused of conspiring with TR given their newly aquired reputation and recent history.
</div></div>

Point taken. Anyone that feels that way should express their suspicion. I have members of SH that will validate my first statement that I have no affiliation with TR. I am simply a pending buyer who had a decent experience on a screw up and return. I can't speak to the quality of their rifles, only to the service from the TR staff. Hope that doesn't make me sound like a TR homeboy.
Check out my profile: 60 y/o in Indiana and check out my posts, most of which are in Rifles For Sale and in Health and Fitness.
Jim St.Charles

Why do you assume statutes have anything to do with it? Never mind lol

Over the long run, these things resolve themselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Not all conduct that is immoral or lacks commercial/personal integrity is unlawful. </div></div>

I also have a story about TR.

I was working over in Afghanistan and decided I was going to order my first custom rifle. The company I was working for blocked access to most firearms sites, so I googled what I could. My decision came down to GAP and TR, I sent emails to both companies. I didn't like the response of the email I received back from GAP so decided to go with TR. Also while searching I was unable to find any negative reviews about TR.

So after talking with David I placed an order in mid March of 2010, for a M40 T7 with a S&B 5-25 package deal.

When I was talking with David I told him I would like this by October '10 as that's when I would be coming home for leave and I wanted to take a class with it. David said no problem, your calling at the perfect time; we'll have it done by then. So I sent my 50% payment of a little over $4,200 then two months later sent another payment of $2,000.

I go home to no rifle, send an email and they tell me a couple more months. I had purchased a bunch of other firearms while away so just spent my time home shooting those.

I wait until July '11 still no news, I try calling a few times with no response. I finally get an email saying for me to call David, not him trying to call me or anything. So I call and get the same b.s. about barrels not being sent from the manufacture and LEO contracts that take priority over my order.

So here we are I just received an email from TR saying my rifle is 30-60 days out and they would like the remaining balance for completion.

If I would have joined this site before ordering this rifle I never would have ordered from these people.

I don't get why the issue of it sitting in the safe is an issue, I worked on the pipeline and have been gone for almost two years with very little time off or at home so the same thing could have happened to me. I found out in the high performance car world that almost all vendors fuck up at some point in time or other, some will tell you to pound sand and a few will bend over backwards to make things right.

There is a time factor here, I will give GF that fact. But lets compare for a moment this issue the OP has to one someone may have with a vehicle.

Let us pretend someone buys a vehicle from GM and it is provided with a one year warranty- nothing beyond one year. Guy buy's the car, dealership deliver's it to his place. He sits in it, decides the rear view mirror isn't to his liking and he's not a fan of the floor mats; figures, whatever- I'll tweak the car at a later date so it's perfectly tailored to me. However, since he lives in NY and can take the subway, busses or train pretty much anywhere he needs to go... mixed with 60 hour work weeks, a mother in failing health and a couple young children; this guy just doesn't have the time to make his GM car a priority. So it sits- unused in his parking spot.

Two years later- He has some custom car shop pick up his car to install new review mirrors (color matched to his paint of course) and to custom make him some nice new floor mats. Tells them- hey, while you have the car, it's just been sitting for two years so why don't you change all the fluids, check the brakes, verify alignment... give it a really solid once over.

They call the guy back and tell him the following are issues with is car:
-Every bolt on his front suspension is missing; apparently they use tapered assembly pins to get everything aligned before pushing the bolts in and tightening it all down. Assembly pins are stilli in place, no bolts installed. This is not only a performance problem, but also a serious safety problem.
-There are no interior split-ring retainers for the universal join pins; ejecting a pin is a matter of when, not if. The reason there are no retainers? The joints were never machined for the retainer ring slots.
-The unibody was sent along entirely skipping the e-coat; the only metal surfaces protected are that from the spray booth. The entire undercarriage and unibody structure is rusting away.

So, keeping in mind that the warranty has expired, who should be taking the responsibility on these issues? I think we all know how this would pan out- GM would offer a settlement because of the alignment pins and no bolts holding the entire front suspension on, and prob the split ring retainers... but he would be on his own for the lack of e-coating. Why? He would have likely found out about the other issues from driving his vehicle... but not from observation, rather from failure. The e-coat issue, had he driven his vehicle, would have been identified at his first service when they went to change the oil and noticed the entire underbody of the car was bare metal/rust.

See what I'm getting at? The OP had no way of knowing the thread interference was so horrible on his rifle and that the supposedly trued action was possibly more out of spec than a factory rem 700. Sure, there could have been an indication (poor accuracy), but that is a symptom of a variety of possibly causes, and it may not even be a reason that a new shooter would realize as being cause to return the rifle. He could very well think it's him, or it's just the way the rifle shoots- much like a car that handle's poorly... how many car owner's would know their new car's steering should be tighter than it is? Most would just assume "well shit- wish I could have test drove this thing first; my John Deere handles better than this thing!"... All while having no idea that within the first 1500 miles they will have a catastrophic failure of their front suspension. Owner is on-hook for what he should have reasonably been able to identify. A safety related manufacturing defect however is something that a manufacturer can always be held accountable for. Might require a court case, but if this horrible scenario were real, we all know how it would play out.

So, I think this is the general idea that everyone is going on. The threading was without a doubt a safety problem. In correcting that, the new smith identified other issues that would have been otherwise undiscovered, that needed to be addressed. Ultimately, I don't think any reasonable person would expect TR to replace the stock that they did poor workmanship on, nor the tigger or trigger guard. Why? Because the OP did or should have reasonably been able to identify those issues in minutes after receiving the rifle. Those problems should have seen a phone call the same day he picked the rifle up, and he should have pursued it until the problems were solved. But other than having another smith disassemble the rifle and check all machine work, there was no reasonable way for him to know that the rifle was potentially unsafe. That is why everyone here fully support's the OP asking for reimbursement of the cost of the machine work, but not the trigger, stock and bottom metal.

EDIT: real life examples- Ford vehicles from about 95-2008 well over 1 million vehicles, most of them long out of warranty were recalled for a voluntary repair (actually modification to the wiring harness) of the cruise control brake interrupt switch which is screwed into the brake master cylinder. It was identified as the cause of numerous vehicle fires as a result of a defect in design. My old truck happened to be one of the ones that needed the modification.

A number of Ford trucks were recently recalled (again, my old truck included) due to gas tank straps that Ford determined to have not been of the correct alloy or had not been properly galvanized; they were rusting out and breaking within about 10 years. My truck had been traded in when the recall order came out, but I had already replaced one strap after finding the gas tank supported by the gas tank skid pad.

Dodge Dakota pick-up's from the 80's were recalled to have reinforcement material and welding done on the crossmember that supported the steering gear box as well as the pitman arm; they determined the metal and the welds were not up to par.

This stuff makes sense- they are design and assembly problems from day one that no consumer would have any idea there is a problem until their vehicle is on fire, their gas tank is skidding down the highway, or they lose all steering control at 70mph.

That is one way to look at it.

I dont think the OP felt that bad about his purchase at first? He might have been thinking this rifle was ok but not bad.

The OP has probably become aware of the short comings do to the smith who made the video.

The question is really what you get for the same price from a builder like GAP. I think SH members are exposed to the better builders out there, but not everyone else is.

In the end nothing but bad press will come out of this for the original builder (TR). The OP has a bad as rifle now and should show some pics of how it shoots?

Not to high jack the thread, but does anyone know of a reputable gunsmith in the MD area that can check out my TR build?

I'm now concerned about how safe this rifle actually is.

Check out a user names 'Clandestine' on Maryland Shooters Website. He is a gunsmith for Scotts Gunshop in Glen Burnie.

Good luck

Jerry

Re: WARNING ~ tacticalrifles.net ~ My experience

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think anyone on here is a Redneck.

I've yet to see any of you guys at the monthly Redneck meetings
</div></div>

DaveD, if you're missing some of us, then going on the wrong night!
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerry M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out a user names 'Clandestine' on Maryland Shooters Website. He is a gunsmith for Scotts Gunshop in Glen Burnie.

Good luck

Jerry </div></div>

Jerry do you think he can inlet a FN SPR stock and action for a CDI metal? A friend of mine is looking into one and I think he would prefer to have somebody local do it than ship it off. I suggested WAR rifles because I know they do good work but other options are never a bad thing.

shankster, you always cease to amaze me! You got some mad skills!!

Wow. I have had some problems with my TR. Snapped front screw on scope base, not that unusual, I mean it happens. Problem was the front screw was lock tighted with red in the front only??? Had to have the screw drilled out, they drilled into the barrel, wasn't happy (local smith who shall remain unnamed). Shot well for a while, groups opening up again, was thinking it may not be seated well in the stock at this point, went to check the screws and hadn"t noticed the little allen head screws that are nearly stripped now, afraid to touch it. Been thinking about a new stock and all now, so a friend recommended Phoenix Precision rifles, so I think I may give them a call, have it restocked, different bottom metal,, ect check if it was trued, ect after reading all that. May need a new barrel anyway since it was drilled too far when they drilled out that front screw. A bit frustrating. Have had the rifle for about 3 years now, has shot well, 1/2 MOA easy with FGMM 168 and 175, just not anymore. Only has ~2500 rds through it. Back when I bought it I didn't find any bad press. The fit and finish was poor, but it seemed to shoot well until ~1000 rds when the scope base broke that screw, and another ~12-1300 rds before problems showed again. Was just going to make sure the stock screws were set right, hadn't really paid any attention to the size of the allen head, and also noted they are nearly stripped now. Anyway, I'm sure I will get it all fixed, if it needs a new barrel I'll just go with 6.5 creedmore I think. Anyway, thank you Steve for the heads up on the thread, and a good smith in Az.

For CDI bottom metal on an FNH I would ship it to Jeff. He has a mill set up for that purpose. That is what I did with mine.

Good Luck

Jerry

The problem is my friend lives right across the charles co, line from PG county so its not the best place to have a expensive rifle left on your doorstep. He also works until after the UPS hubs close for pickup and works pretty much every saturday so he wouldn't be able to pick it up. Dropping it off somewhere local I think is really his only option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LngRngShtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great thread, lots of entertainment..

I was a sailmaker for 10 years and we once shipped a sail that ,..well shouldn't have left..

Customer called and voiced his concerns.
The response by my boss was, "Send it back"
When it arrived he had a sit down with all of us..
stopped the production.
we built a new one that was damn near perfect and shipped it in record time.

He hung it up overhead with a note..

We have used our one "Get Out Of Jail Free Card"

"NEVER AGAIN"

then we went back to work, every day that sail was in our visual

They should have hung the rifle on the wall at the shop,with a sign.

</div></div>

That is an awesome story and is also how I do business as well. To bad that quality seems more rare these days.

i've been stewing on this whole "two years" thing a bit.

an honest question, would any reputable builder not have a lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects/manufacturing quality? i'm not talking about finish wearing off with significant use, barrels wearing out or any other wear item but seriously, is there a builder on this site that would not take that rifle back for rework unconditionally if they found out years later that <span style="font-style: italic">somehow</span> that slipped through the cracks and ended up out of their shop?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Desto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. I have had some problems with my TR. Snapped front screw on scope base, not that unusual, I mean it happens. Problem was the front screw was lock tighted with red in the front only??? Had to have the screw drilled out, they drilled into the barrel, wasn't happy (local smith who shall remain unnamed). Shot well for a while, groups opening up again, was thinking it may not be seated well in the stock at this point, went to check the screws and hadn"t noticed the little allen head screws that are nearly stripped now, afraid to touch it. Been thinking about a new stock and all now, so a friend recommended Phoenix Precision rifles, so I think I may give them a call, have it restocked, different bottom metal,, ect check if it was trued, ect after reading all that. May need a new barrel anyway since it was drilled too far when they drilled out that front screw. A bit frustrating. Have had the rifle for about 3 years now, has shot well, 1/2 MOA easy with FGMM 168 and 175, just not anymore. Only has ~2500 rds through it. Back when I bought it I didn't find any bad press. The fit and finish was poor, but it seemed to shoot well until ~1000 rds when the scope base broke that screw, and another ~12-1300 rds before problems showed again. Was just going to make sure the stock screws were set right, hadn't really paid any attention to the size of the allen head, and also noted they are nearly stripped now. Anyway, I'm sure I will get it all fixed, if it needs a new barrel I'll just go with 6.5 creedmore I think. Anyway, thank you Steve for the heads up on the thread, and a good smith in Az. </div></div>

It was ironic that you called today in the time frame of this thread. I thought to ask you if it was a tactical rifles.net when you mentioned that the little allen head screws were getting stripped. I was feeling bad for you all afternoon!!!

I'm sure Kieth will take good care of you. I'm interested to hear what Kieth says about what all wasn't done correctly on your rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i've been stewing on this whole "two years" thing a bit.

an honest question, would any reputable builder not have a lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects/manufacturing quality? i'm not talking about finish wearing off with significant use, barrels wearing out or any other wear item but seriously, is there a builder on this site that would not take that rifle back for rework unconditionally if they found out years later that <span style="font-style: italic">somehow</span> that slipped through the cracks and ended up out of their shop? </div></div>

I would think it would depend on weather or not the company felt like there was anything wrong with the work. If this is the way they do rifles, then they would not feel obligated to fix anything. The delay did give them the perfect opportunity to blame it on a former employee that no longer works there however, they obviously chose a different direction.

I almost swallowed my cope about 3 times laughing at some of these posts...

crap... I admitted im a redneck since I dip... I guess at least one of their claims is true...

:-(

Apparently I don't know how to embed a previous post but this is in reply to Marcus85.

I know it will come as no surprise but you are not alone in your situation.

I don't even have to write the story because mine is the exact same tale except the excuse I was given was the bottom metal is on backorder. I am a little upset that I see them advertizing just the bottom metal on gunbroker.

Still in the Stan and still waiting on my rifle.

$4800 out of my pocket to date and the only thing I am sure of is that I will have a rifle that I will never be able to sell on the HIDE even if it does shoot. The reputation of TR is damaged goods at this point.

My thoughts are right now that I will pay my balance only upon completion and that I will take the 3% hit and pay with Visa as at least I can file a grievance if the rifle is not delivered as advertized. Visa can hang up their accounts and that should get someone’s attention.

Any other productive suggestions from the HIDE for protecting the buyers stuck in a contract would be greatly appreciated.

I still hope for the best and now have also purchased a GAP in the same caliber and will do my best to give Objective facts to all when I shoot them side by side. It is is good they will get full credit, if it is bad they will also recieve full credit.

I too did as much research as I could from abroad and had no indication that I was walking into a disaster, but that doesn’t make me feel any better about the situation at this point in time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vshadow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any other productive suggestions from the HIDE for protecting the buyers stuck in a contract would be greatly appreciated.

</div></div>

First I would not pay more than 1/2 the cost when ordering and the remaining 1/2 on shipment.
In the past when using "some" gunsmiths I have payed "nothing" until the job was completed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RTK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> First I would not pay more than 1/2 the cost when ordering and the remaining 1/2 on shipment.
In the past when using "some" gunsmiths I have payed "nothing" until the job was completed. </div></div>

Any smith that takes "Nothing" up front I would think should be of greater concern than one that takes something.

I have a smith that I have known for years, he is local, so when you take your gun to him he has it until you pay for it. Somewhere in the paper work I bet it will eventually become his it you do not pay:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RTK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a smith that I have known for years, he is local, so when you take your gun to him he has it until you pay for it. Somewhere in the paper work I bet it will eventually become his it you do not pay:) </div></div>

Key point being you've known him for years, don't you think?
wink.gif

A deposit of 50% or greater is what I'd expect to hear from any gunsmith you're not a regular of.

Particularly in this environment when most good smiths have MORE than they can handle on their benches already.

A dollar down to order is what I was told. Any small amount to get it going.
I only wanted a T7 stock but that is only available with a complete build. Not available for a half assed rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Montag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RTK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a smith that I have known for years, he is local, so when you take your gun to him he has it until you pay for it. Somewhere in the paper work I bet it will eventually become his it you do not pay:) </div></div>

Key point being you've known him for years, don't you think?
wink.gif

A deposit of 50% or greater is what I'd expect to hear from any gunsmith you're not a regular of.

. </div></div>

Yeah, but the guy usually treats most people that same way.

If you need more than 50% down up front I "feel" that person is not stable enough in his business and I would not want to do business with him. That goes for any endeavorer I have done by others

This is from my latest gunsmith Nathan Dagley of StraightShot Gunsmithing who is also a HIDE member as 308Nate.

6~ Paying for labor before the rifle is completed is strongly discouraged. I don't want you to feel that "I have your money and don't care about getting your rifle back to you" this is in no way the case. I have had equal amounts of fully paid and partially paid rifles go over the time frame.

I sent him my barreled receiver and paid nothing until the work was done several months later.

Re: WARNING ~ tacticalrifles.net ~ My experience

WOW what a read.

nraman glad to see you got your rifle sorted out, I hope all this doesn't turn you off the sport.

Its is a good sport and there are a lot of very good people here.

Marc nice work turning that thing into a dam nice looking stick.

Shank you never let us down, you are one of the funnest guys around and you has the interwebs on tap.

And the hide in general is a grate source of information and good folks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any smith that takes "Nothing" up front I would think should be of greater concern than one that takes something. </div></div>

Why? You'd rather use a Smith who needs your advance payment to cover their operating costs?

Not me.

I don't have a problem paying say 50% or the price of part or what ever but I don't like paying 100% straight up.

That being said I will do it but only with guy's that I know and are well known in the community.

yea Steve, it is what it is. Just want it fixed now. In the end I guess lesson learned. I appreciate the heads up and all. Will be calling them on Monday to start the process of getting it right, between the forest road closure and the buggered rifle not been a great summer for shooting. I keep you updated on the goings on, I am a bit curious how deep the problems run, I'm still hoping the barel and action part are alright. At least info is out there now, I couldn't find a single warning when I was looking for a rifle at the time, and in the fuure I'll atleast know better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lawyer threat started today... Told you all. </div></div>

Classy.

lol

And what could they possibly involve a lawyer for?
Are they pissed because they put out a sub-par product, a posted a video of their sub-par product and a bunch of guys made jokes about it?

What could a lawyer possibly do other than ask you politely to remove the post so his client would leave him alone?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jethro3898</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What could a lawyer possibly do other than ask you politely to remove the post so his client would leave him alone?
</div></div>

It's simple. They want all history of poor quality and customer service to go away, leaving them an untarnished record when someone searches for a TR review. They threaten to sue, it's likely snipershide.com would win, but if I'm Frank I'm not going to spend $50,000 in legal fees to prove a point and "win". All Frank would win is our praise and it'd cost him money to do so.

It's a strong arm tactic played every day by people with more money than talent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lawyer threat started today... Told you all. </div></div>

I would say with the OP and remaining TR customers that are unhappy you would be just fine in retaliation law suit for them harassing you. I would claim you cant control the opinions of 70k plus members!

If you have to clear out this thread, just do a sticky warning in no uncertain terms that due to legal issues you will no longer tolerate any complaints about Tactical Rifles' shoddy workmanship.

shocked.gif

Oh, I am selectively editing it, but trust me it's all baseless accusations.

Also Sniper's Hide will say, if anyone who is a current member of this forum emails or sends a private message to any member of the families of ndnboy71 on here, Facebook or any where else on the on the internet they will be removed from the site. Please do not personally attack members of the military, even if they were used as pawns in order to defend the workmanship displayed here. There is no need to contact anyone outside this thread, especially families if that did indeed happen, although I have not be given any proof of such attacks, I want to make sure my position is clear.

Please stay on topic, and do not personal, thanks
smile.gif