• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weed Rescheduling

Legalize everything with 100% accountability upon the user.

No safety net, no treatment, no excuses.

Darwin will fix it as long as govt stays out.

Never happen, because accountability is the opposite of dependency.

Legalize everything with 100% accountability upon the user.

No safety net, no treatment, no excuses.

Darwin will fix it as long as govt stays out.

Never happen, because accountability is the opposite of dependency.

Tax it and reduce federal/state taxes. The only problem would be the access kids would gain. They already have access now but it would be worse.

Pretty soon you.will not be able to walk through front doors at a grocery store without walking through a fog of the shit, like cigarrettes now
I work in a major city in a legal state, on my 45m to 1hr lunch walk, I smell weed strongly for maybe 2/3 of it. And often see people smoking or rolling it up on the sidewalks or in public hangout spaces.

Where I live, it's become increasingly common to smell it while driving when your windows are down, either at stop lights or if a car of smokers passes. I've had to turn the AC off before.

The state is making several hundred million per year in tax revenues from it, yet our taxes are still increasing...

I work in a major city in a legal state, on my 45m to 1hr lunch walk, I smell weed strongly for maybe 2/3 of it. And often see people smoking or rolling it up on the sidewalks or in public hangout spaces.

Where I live, it's become increasingly common to smell it while driving when your windows are down, either at stop lights or if a car of smokers passes. I've had to turn the AC off before.

The state is making several hundred million per year in tax revenues from it, yet our taxes are still increasing...

On that note - why the hell is modern weed so stinky? I recall getting my first smell of it as a näive teenager at rock concerts 30+ years ago, and even with a fog throughout the entire arena it was nowhere as nasty as what's rolling out of people's windows today. Shit's nasty.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
I read that the other day. Nothing but hogwash, changing it from one level to a lower level. Fucking goobers, why dont they just legalize it.

Back before public schools were indoctrinating kids into believing they can be whatever gender they want, they had the DARE program that indoctrinated kids into believing that weed usage would destroy their lives and that it was an evil thing that was a gateway drug to harder drugs. Nixon's war on drugs was lost before it started and has been the longest and deadliest war we've ever been involved in. Putting legality aside for a moment, the big problem with a Schedule I substance is the government has ruled it so high of a risk that little to no research can be done on it. Lowering weed down to Schedule III will open up not only more research opportunities, but also on a social scale will help to stop the demonization of it.

Back before public schools were indoctrinating kids into believing they can be whatever gender they want, they had the DARE program that indoctrinated kids into believing that weed usage would destroy their lives and that it was an evil thing that was a gateway drug to harder drugs. Nixon's war on drugs was lost before it started and has been the longest and deadliest war we've ever been involved in. Putting legality aside for a moment, the big problem with a Schedule I substance is the government has ruled it so high of a risk that little to no research can be done on it. Lowering weed down to Schedule III will open up not only more research opportunities, but also on a social scale will help to stop the demonization of it.
Weed is not a good thing but it is no greater evil than anything else abused.

The messaging on weed is fucked up.

It goes against all the other anti abuse agendas against alcohol and smoking because the powers that be are more interested in bread and circuses than actually promoting policies that would improve society.

Just smoke your weed and enjoy it. Save all the propaganda BS about how research is going to find it to be a wonder drug.

If Pharma could have monetized it they would have.

Cut the shit.

On that note - why the hell is modern weed so stinky? I recall getting my first smell of it as a näive teenager at rock concerts 30+ years ago, and even with a fog throughout the entire arena it was nowhere as nasty as what's rolling out of people's windows today. Shit's nasty.
It's the higher concentration of terepenes in modern weed; terepenes are responsible for the taste and aroma. This is an aspect of the plant that growers breed for.

Modern weed is significantly stronger that what you would have experienced a few decades ago. Modern plant can be high 20% to 30% THC, in the 1960s 10% would have been really, really strong weed.

The weed distillates they have now, the waxes and oils, often exceed 90% THC.

Reactions: lash
Because the states have taxed it so high already the illicit trade continues as the cheaper alternative.
See Illinois, where the black market trade is booming, due in no small part to the legal tax structure, which can exceed 30% on certain types of marijuana products.

Because the states have taxed it so high already the illicit trade continues as the cheaper alternative.
Not true at all as a generalized statement. I know a few people in Colorado, where there are weed stores on every other corner in some parts of town. They are paying as little as $40/ounce. As compared to Florida, where I’m told that it’s typically more like $400/ounce.

It goes against all the other anti abuse agendas against alcohol and smoking because the powers that be are more interested in bread and circuses than actually promoting policies that would improve society.

Just smoke your weed and enjoy it. Save all the propaganda BS about how research is going to find it to be a wonder drug.

Cut the shit.
But pharma has monetized it and is looking to keep their hold on that in states where it has not been legalized. Again here in Florida, there have been huge corporate dollars pushing to get medical weed legalized and they succeeded a bunch of years ago with the caveat that each dispensing clinic require a doctor’s scrip to purchase. Guess what? Hug companies run hundreds of clinics using one dispensing doctor per about 30 clinics (the legal limit). Again, cost to the consumer is about 10 times what it is in Colorado.

Again, your generalized statements are not based completely on fact, just what you believe or want to believe is true.

Pharma is very much knee deep in the distribution and sale of THC products. If there were not so much money to be made, there wouldn’t be such a big push North of Richmond for reduced governmental controls.

It’s funny even in the legal states your local
Drug dealer is still booming business. People don’t go to the weed shop they still buying it out the back of some shady ass apartment.

I’m convinced all these dispensaries are just made for money laundering or some other shit because they ain’t just selling a lil medical weed.

I don’t want to smell the shit all day every day. My neighbors live in an absolute shit hole of a house but they smoke from sun up to sundown.

Can’t drive with your ac on without it taking over your car smell. Tobacco has pretty much died off with vapes and now with marijuana everywhere it’s becoming another nuisance.

Our DPS is constantly busting truck and trailers full of marijuana being trafficked illegally.

It's the higher concentration of terepenes in modern weed; terepenes are responsible for the taste and aroma. This is an aspect of the plant that growers breed for.

Modern weed is significantly stronger that what you would have experienced a few decades ago. Modern plant can be high 20% to 30% THC, in the 1960s 10% would have been really, really strong weed.

I had a vague understanding of the increased THC content, but didn't know about the terepenes - thanks for the education.

There's a dude that wanders into my sons' jiu jitsu class to pick up his kid, and and the whole place smells like a skunk about 10 seconds after his arrival. I feel sorry for the kid.

I have an interesting question here for the masses. I’m not poo pooing or condoning use of weed or whatever the substance of choice may be…..

Why has society resorted to mind altering substances to get through life?

It’s easier for kids to buy weed and hard drugs than it is cigarettes and alcohol.
Wasn't true when I was going to school however I guess it depends what we are calling "hard" drugs. Painkillers were pretty easy to come by as was weed. Alcohol, chew and cigarettes were easy.

Heroin, LSD, crack, steroids and cocaine were not very abundant however not too many people were really asking for those.

When I went to college, everything was available for the most part. Steroids and HGH weren't easy to come by but everything else was easily accessible.

All people are wired differently. We all deal with emotional/mental/physical distress in different ways. And as far as the recreational usage crowd, it's just fun to get fucked up and be around others who also enjoy being in that state. Mind altering substances have been around for as long as people knew how to grow and use them. Hell, our Founding Fathers used to use an early form of heroin for recreational use.

Reactions: Marfor8541
Wasn't true when I was going to school however I guess it depends what we are calling "hard" drugs. Painkillers were pretty easy to come by as was weed. Alcohol, chew and cigarettes were easy.

Heroin, LSD, crack, steroids and cocaine were not very abundant however not too many people were really asking for those.

When I went to college, everything was available for the most part. Steroids and HGH weren't easy to come by but everything else was easily accessible.

My definition of a "hard drug" is any drug that can kill you from an overdose. By my definition, weed and psychedelics like LSD and psilocybin are not hard drugs.

Reactions: Maggot
I have an interesting question here for the masses. I’m not poo pooing or condoning use of weed or whatever the substance of choice may be…..

The question is "To get through" or "To enhance" life.

People have used psycho active chemicals for thousands of years.

Do same research on the Eleusinian Mysteries. At the temple of Eleusis, NW of Athens they had a ceremony in which all the attendees drank a potion likely make from ergot, mushrooms, and wine, that caused mass visions of the Demeter drama. It was recommended by socrates, Plato, and all the well know Greeks.

The native American and Mexican Indians have used various things for thousands of years.

It comes down to 'Use', or 'Abuse'. Just like a cup of coffee can get you going in the morning, if you drink it all day it will likely have negative affects.

LSD for instance was 'used' for many years in psychotherapy, helped a lot of people. Then Leary promoted irresponaible 'abuse' and ruined it for all.

The question is "To get through" or "To enhance" life.

People have used psycho active chemicals for thousands of years.

Do same research on the Eleusinian Mysteries. At the temple of Eleusis, NW of Athens they had a ceremony in which all the attendees drank a potion likely make from ergot, mushrooms, and wine, that caused mass visions of the Demeter drama. It was recommended by socrates, Plato, and all the well know Greeks.

The native American and Mexican Indians have used various things for thousands of years.

It comes down to 'Use', or 'Abuse'. Just like a cup of coffee can get you going in the morning, if you drink it all day it will likely have negative affects.

LSD for instance was 'used' for many years in psychotherapy, helped a lot of people. Then Leary promoted irresponaible 'abuse' and ruined it for all.

There's always that one fuck in the office that lives near the coffee machine and paces the halls barely making to the bathroom before he passes himself.

That just isnt (entirely) true. I no longer use it but grew up in the 60's. The weed then ran from what we called 'dirt weed' from the deserts of Mexico, to stuff from Columbia, Panama, and SE Asia that would make you comatose. Much stronger than the crap today. I ddnt care what some percentages say, having BTDT and then tried the domestic stuff they grow today, I can say w/o compromise, that the best we had then, shits on the best they grow today. And thats one reason I (and other friends) quit. Its just not the same...and I dont want to risk losing my 2A rights.

The one caveat is that today youre less likely to get garbage dirt weed.

There's always that one fuck in the office that lives near the coffee machine and paces the halls barely making to the bathroom before he passes himself.
'Passes' or 'pisses' or both?

I said it once and I will say it again, Soma.

I have cancer and do chemo and that shit makes you sick to your stomach and kills your appetite so they give you pills for that.
Those pills don't do shit compared to Sister Mary's Magic Brownies.
I have 2 oncologists and have told them both that that is what I do.
The reply from both of them was, "I can't recommend THC because of the laws and rules but I am a strong supporter and proponent of THC for cancer patients." so there is that.
At my age and the stage of the game I am in I have ZERO Fucks to give as to how anyone feels about what I am doing.

I have cancer and do chemo and that shit makes you sick to your stomach and kills your appetite so they give you pills for that.
The reply from both of them was, "I can't recommend THC because of the laws and rules but I am a strong supporter and proponent of THC for cancer patients." so there is that.
At my age and the stage of the game I am in I have ZERO Fucks to give as to how anyone feels about what I am doing.
But....but....OMG you might get ..........ADDICTED. :eek:LOL

And, BTW, best of luck with the chemo, and keep posting here for many years......

My definition of a "hard drug" is any drug that can kill you from an overdose. By my definition, weed and psychedelics like LSD and psilocybin are not hard drugs.
Better toss booze in there as well. It will kill you, and then how your body reacts to it can kill you. The "choking on your own puke" comes to mind.

What I find funny as hell is the people that get drunk every weekend, or at least buzzed have a hell of an issue with weed. It is the same thing, just a different way to get there.

I wonder if it does become legal if the guy that said he never inhaled will admit he did.

Reactions: mosin46 and lash
From the article -

"Following the data and science, HHS has expeditiously responded . . . "

Where have I heard that before?

Apparently it is just fine now?

My name is N2ishun and I approve this message.

726228A1-306E-4104-8FEF-E44E683C5806.jpeg
E7C1459A-3583-4E23-B2C4-9C76D5EA8939.jpeg

I will say this, and again, not passing judgement either way, I have been on three job interviews in the past cpl months, and my ability to pass the piss test has gotten me offers on all three. Interviewers stating that they can not find any “qualified” candidates ….wink wink

Jus sayin 😜

I will say this, and again, not passing judgement either way, I have been on three job interviews in the past cpl months, and my ability to pass the piss test has gotten me offers on all three. Interviewers stating that they can not find any “qualified” candidates ….wink wink

Jus sayin 😜

I see you are in Va. Isn't it legal in Va? If it is, how is testing for marijuana for a job interview in Va any different than requiring testing for alcohol or cheetos or any other legal consumption? I get it but legal should be legal to all the hiring discrimination lawyer types, right? Same here no judgement, honest question.

Cut the shit.
Its all cause the Manson family gave it a bad name👍

Because people are weak and do not have the intestinal fortitude to handle life.....bitches are weak