• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

weirdest thing you traded a gun for

marduk185

take my karma boom
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2009
tantric thrust
not sure this is the place, mods move it as you see fit,thanks. just wondering what the weird things you guys have traded rifles for when outta cash. i know personally ive traded a .270 for 3 great dane pups once and i traded a real nice .300 win mag for a car to give to a girlfriend once.(yeah, what the hell was i thinkin?) at least i did end up marrying her so maybe it paid off. what you fellas got?

Re: weirdest thing you traded a gun for

Traded an M4 for a 72" HD TV last year. Question that decision at times...

traded a pss with springfield armory scope for an antique record player and a box of records because the wifes birthday and anniversary were coming up and was out of spending money. Now that I look at the record player I think I got the better deal there.

I once traded an Interarms Mk X 30-06 with a Swift scope for sand-blasting and automotive paint refinishing for a bunch of antique cast-iron radiators.

In one of his books, the late Elmer Keith tells about someone who traded a copper plated Colt SAA revolver for an indian squaw.

Traded a Mak-90 for an International Scout II in 95. What a money pit.

Change my guns for any other things ..... hmmm I can not imagine it!

Can I change my car, my couch, my tv, and even new weapons in my fridge, but the reverse does not change at all.

I love my guns, and they provide me with magical moments of pleasure.

PS. Just do not change my girlfriend.

Selva

I traded a Sig pistol for dog training lessons! Well worth it
smile.gif

traded a S&W Mod 27 for a truck with a broken transmission. Between the cost of the gun and new transmission I was out about 1200 and I sold the truck for 2500. I think I made out okay

I traded a Rock Island 1911 for bullets for another gun once, that count?

OH, and I've traded a number of guns for anal rape, not literally but you get the idea. Don't know how many "I wish I wouldnt have done that one" stories I've got

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I traded a Rock Island 1911 for bullets for another gun once, that count?

OH, and I've traded a number of guns for anal rape, not literally but you get the idea. Don't know how many "I wish I wouldnt have done that one" stories I've got</div></div>

But did you like it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not sure this is the place, mods move it as you see fit,thanks. just wondering what the weird things you guys have traded rifles for when outta cash. i know personally ive traded a .270 for 3 great dane pups once and i traded a real nice .300 win mag for a car to give to a girlfriend once.(yeah, what the hell was i thinkin?) at least i did end up marrying her so maybe it paid off. what you fellas got?</div></div>

I hope it wasn't a nice .300win mag that you traded for. Sounds like you got fucked for life on that deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not sure this is the place, mods move it as you see fit,thanks. just wondering what the weird things you guys have traded rifles for when outta cash. i know personally ive traded a .270 for 3 great dane pups once and i traded a real nice .300 win mag for a car to give to a girlfriend once.(yeah, what the hell was i thinkin?) at least i did end up marrying her so maybe it paid off. what you fellas got?</div></div>

I hope it wasn't a nice .300win mag that you traded for. Sounds like you got fucked for life on that deal. </div></div>
well that was sort of the point...

...a month of the inlaws living with us for an AE Mk II. It was the only way the wife was going to let me get one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Traded a Nintendo 64 for a Sig 226, best deal EVER!! </div></div>

That is amazing and I will give you a Playstation 2 for it.

I traded a PSS with a Leupold M3 scope for an almost mint 77 CJ-7 once. The old guy kept it in a barn,and I happened to see it and strike up a conversation.Long story short,he was wanting a R700,and well,I wanted that damn Jeep. I wish I still had that beauty.

I've never traded a gun for something non-gun, but I did once trade a radio controlled batmobile (weird collectors item) for a Les Baer TRS. That was one sweet deal.

35 inch mud tires for a remington 870 tactical express. i bought a new truck and my old rims/ tires wouldnt fit. i just wanted to get rid of them. i had them on craigslist for about 2 months with no success. he called me and said he had this shotty and we made a deal

Traded a S&W 357 short barrel snub nose for Hardwood Floor installation - my g/f's brother - was a great trade!!!

I got my first tattoo for a ruger 10/22.

A pair of Campagnolo bicycle wheel hubs; not even complete wheels!

Two Shoei motorcycle helmets, purchased at wholesale, for a SPAS-12

Traded a 300WM for a couple of very nice custom knives.

Traded a LMT AR for a Bimini top for my boat and traded a snap-on tool box for a PTR 91. Traded another AR for rc cars I think I even traded a gun for some work around the house. AK, AR, and other junk guns are great for bartering. I once tried to trade an AK for a BMX bike but the guy was afraid.

Rich

A High Standard Duramatic with broken grip, a Smith and Wesson Model 65 and a Raven .25 -- for 2 ounces of powder cocaine.

And the two guys I traded 'em to were up for parole in just 22 months, thanks to plea-bargaining SA's.

They should have traded for mud tires and a hardwood floor!

Cheers, Sirhr.

Traded a VLS 6mm for a Ranch Hand grill guard, Edge performance chip, 4 new tires, KN air system, and aluminum headache rack for my Dodge. I think I did ok on that one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ohiogunnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Traded an M4 for a 72" HD TV last year. Question that decision at times...</div></div>

Where the hell does that magazine go in that?<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Traded a LMT AR for a Bimini top for my boat and traded a snap-on tool box for a PTR 91. Traded another AR for rc cars I think I even traded a gun for some work around the house. AK, AR, and other junk guns are great for bartering. I once tried to trade an AK for a BMX bike but the guy was afraid.

Rich</div></div>

I bet that little kid was scared, Rich....thats not cool.

LOL

I traded an old NEF single shot 12 gauge for a 16ft. jon boat w/trailer and running 10hp evinrude. Caught alot of fish out of that boat.

Traded a R700(late 60's) .22/250 for a snowmobile......wish I still had the rifle.

I once traded one for my freedom. I think I got the better deal, but others might argue the point.
laugh.gif

Quite a few boxes of 17HMR for a stripped Bushmaster lower receiver. From a value standpoint, the other guy made out like a bandit, but I will always have the rifle.

Ive traded a .308 bolt rifle for a rice burnin car. Im still driving it to work everyday.

My brother-in-law bought me my Mossberg 590A1 at a pawn shop for me changing out the fuel pump on his Jaguar. I was going to do it for nothing, but he insisted.

Helped a widow with some car repairs and she asked if I wanted her late husbands AR 6920..I asked if there was any other work she needed ! I never knew he has this nice toy.

I traded a surplus Mosin Nagant for a copy of Elmer Keith's "Hell I Was There". I know I got the better end of that deal.