• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

well drugs legal in Oregon now

A few years ago we had a weed store open here in a small town of mostly farmers and older people.
There was no increase in stoners.They bought their weed elsewhere as it was cheaper .
The weed store is gone now .
People in Oregon need to invest in Narcan so they can profit .

And those drug laws are stopping anything of what you said?

Its not a drug or law problem, its a people problem. Humans are imperfect and as time goes on they lose/have lost their way. The breakdown of the family, the breakdown of religion, etc all at the hands of our very own government over the last 2-3 generations are what really accelerated the downturn of our society/country.

Laws will make most people think twice about doing something. Do you really think there would be the same amount of drug users if they’re legal vs illegal? Not a fucking chance.

Reactions: Bradu
EE08214E-0A3B-4040-841F-3C768146BCC8.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Jscb1b
Ok Puritan, go take your sober ass home. We've got alcohol, nicotine, caffeine being freely used right now. There's no reason we can't add more substances to the list.

Druggies who commit crime to fund their addiction are free to go to jail. There will be way more people who will partake in their freedom responsibly. Don't project your inability to be disciplined onto other people.
Do you realize how few criminals are punished? How much crime is related to drug use?

Your post makes the SH all time top 3 for stupidity.

Laws will make most people think twice about doing something. Do you really think there would be the same amount of drug users if they’re legal vs illegal? Not a fucking chance.
I am not disagreeing with you, but I am not sure that is entirely correct.

Do you litter? Do you throw trash out of your car window?

In my neighborhood if anyone, ANYONE, saw litter they would stop and pick it up, much less actually throw trash out on the street... I am quite certain that this is not done out of fear for the penalty for littering.

I can drive 20 minutes and be in an area of the city (a dangerous area) that is completely covered in trash. People eat fast food and just throw all the wrapping paper out of the window. They don't think twice about it. I've watched them do it. They don't give a fuck, and I really don't think littering laws are generally enforceable if people live in a broken culture where they don't give a fuck. They don't do it because it is legal or illegal, they do it because they have not been raised by responsible parents and are used to a broken culture where this is ok. Are drugs any different? Yes, they can rob the liberty of anyone who becomes addicted, but is the penalty a factor?

What would you do if your kids were littering? First, I would be totally fucking shocked, because "not littering" would never even make it onto a list of the most elementary of expectations. I would probably pop a fucking blood vessel if I saw my kid littering. I am quite sure they would become afraid of my reaction instantly, and move to correct it (probably without me even saying a word). In short it's inconceivable.

I am not saying that doing drugs is like littering. I am only saying that on a scale of freaking out over littering to thinking about a family member doing drugs/committing violent crimes I am on the very beginning of that scale where the penalties aren't even contemplated or considered, because the behavior is so outrageous and unacceptable the fuckers better hope they get arrested by the police before I get my hands on them.

Just some food for thought...

It's not just about your choice when your choices make a wreckage of the rest of society. I might even question whether you are making that choice of your own free will, or if it's the fentanyl that's making the choice for you...

Drugs weren't made illegal because they're harmless. As offenses against our liberty go I'd be happy to legalize all drugs if you will repeal the 16th Amendment and we can stop being slaves to Washington.

Are you contending that the rampant drug use in this country isn't effecting everyone who doesn't do drugs and isn't an addict? Saying it's just a choice is total bullshit. This is why we don't want universal healthcare. It makes the choice to live on family sized bags of trans-fat chips and gallons of sugary soda my problem because now I have to pay for the morbidly obese people who clog the healthcare system. If they have to pay for their own healthcare it IS just a choice and not my problem. If drugs were like that I would not GAF, but they're not like that. They steal people's free will. That makes them very different.

Liberty is a balance, with competing virtues. It's not an absolute.

Reactions: RTH1800
YOure wrong, he's right.

Its about free people making their own choices.

Do you think criminals are punished?

Do you think the drug culture is not immersed in crime?

Which statement do you disagree with?

It's not just about your choice when your choices make a wreckage of the rest of society. I might even question whether you are making that choice of your own free will, or if it's the fentanyl that's making the choice for you...

Drugs weren't made illegal because they're harmless. As offenses against our liberty go I'd be happy to legalize all drugs if you will repeal the 16th Amendment and we can stop being slaves to Washington.

Are you contending that the rampant drug use in this country isn't effecting everyone who doesn't do drugs and isn't an addict? Saying it's just a choice is total bullshit. This is why we don't want universal healthcare. It makes the choice to live on family sized bags of trans-fat chips and gallons of sugary soda my problem because now I have to pay for the morbidly obese people who clog the healthcare system. If they have to pay for their own healthcare it IS just a choice and not my problem. If drugs were like that I would not GAF, but they're not like that. They steal people's free will. That makes them very different.

Liberty is a balance, with competing virtues. It's not an absolute.

The "War on Drugs" has totally gutted OUR civil liberties and made us have to be more concerned about Storm Troopers kicking in our doors and murdering us than home invasions by criminals (at least for myself that's the order of how my fears go).
Where you have to worry about criminal gangs with "police" badges almost as much as carjackings by criminals. (Would you like video evidence of things, just google it).

From the start it was yet another divide and conquer, where the government got the "good people" to agree to hand over their rights for the promise that they would "do something" about the terrible bad, very bad drug users...

After 50 years of going hard at it and turning the country against itself..... It's pretty clear Drugs & Tyranny won the War on Drugs.

So why keep doing what isn't working?

Take back your civil liberties, take back your 2A rights, reclaim your right to robust self defense of self and property, and let's get on with it.

People seem to forget all this was done with the "war on alcohol" that was also "for the public good"
Guess what that got us?
FBI
Deep State
NFA

Freedom lost and Alcohol / Tyranny won

That's all true. But it's not as cut and dry as some would make it, and if you think that legalizing everything doesn't come with it's own (and potentially greater) set of problems I hope it doesn't directly affect you and yours.

I did two CNOPS, so I know how innefective the War On Drugs is/was.

we-would-like-to-congratulate-drugs-entre-milaritm-for-winning-3435770.png

Well put @W54/XM-388

There is a large opportunity that we can seize between a lawless drug filled hellscape and the current state of (failed) prohibition enforced by big government that still shovels money to cartels and extremist groups.

Create a new industry, safer drugs, reduce cash flow to cartels/violent gangs, increased understanding, medical innovation are all on the table.

Last edited:
Well put @W54/XM-388

There is a large opportunity that we can seize between a lawless drug filled hellscape and the current state of (failed) prohibition enforced by big government that still shovels money to cartels and extremist groups.

Create a new industry, safer drugs, reduce cash flow to cartels, increased understanding, medical innovation are all on the table.

So essentially, pretty much exactly what we did with Alcohol then?

We have all the gear in place to do exactly that.
Big Pharma already makes all the really good stuff, at top quality and low prices....
With a few changes to the laws as well as changes in liability laws, and changes to social hand outs, the government could run every drug dealer out of business in less than a year while splitting the profits between the government and big business (just like they usually enjoy).

BUT you first would have to change the "social hand out" laws as well as the liability laws before anything else.

Wouldn't current liability laws protect these new businesses. Anheiser Busch can't be sued successfully if some one dies drinking and driving but can be sued if they knowingly sell tainted beer. Same should apply to recreational-pharma businesses.

What social handouts would need carve outs for drug users?

First must come complete personal responsibility for their use.
Left on the side of the road dead tough shit kind of responsibility.

You do realize that if we legalize recreational-pharma use, people will have options other than black tar heroin and meth.

Pills are going to be the preferred method and it's much easier to get the dose right. ODs will go down, liver damage may go up.

You do realize that if we legalize recreational-pharma use, people will have options other than black tar heroin and meth.

Pills are going to be the preferred method and it's much easier to get the dose right. ODs will go down, liver damage may go up.
You missed the point.
Read the 1st and 2nd sentence again and get back to me after a month of contemplation.

R

Yea I read it. No one to blame but yourself and truly understand the consequences of your actions, including the fact that you'll die. I get that.

You seem to think doing drugs is life or death. That doesn't hold true with responsible use.

Unless of course you like the really hard drugs, like Cyanide or Polonium.

Yea I read it. No one to blame but yourself and truly understand the consequences of your actions, including the fact that you'll die. I get that.

You seem to think doing drugs is life or death. That doesn't hold true with responsible use.

Unless of course you like the really hard drugs, like Cyanide or Polonium.
Crayons engage...
I don't care if lethal or not, I'll not finance any part of the consequences.
Has it been a month already?.....

R

Crayons engage...
I don't care if lethal or not, I'll not finance any part of the consequences.
Has it been a month already?.....

R

I purposefully left out this part of the equation, simply because I knew it would eventually come into play. It has to, because most of us feel the same way. The consequences of being forced to fund this crap. I'm of the thought that you can pretty much do whatever you want to yourself. Have at it. You wanna destroy yourself and succumb to a self induced "sickness". By all means. If you make that choice I'm all for ya. But there's a few caveats that come with that. 1st and foremost, don't make your shit my shit. That's the Catch 22 all encompassing clause. It covers it all. Don't steal my shit to do your shit. Don't crash head on into me on the road, swerve for the Tree instead. Don't have a drug induced moment at WalMart and stab me in the face with the marked down serrated bread knife, on aisle 4, marked down to $1.95 and a damn hard deal to pass up. Really, just don't make me pay for your decisions. And don't make me fund ANY of it. Snag that Skrilla elsewhere. Just like some of these Ho's with 4 different Baby Daddy's spitting out 15 gawd damn kids. You wanna be a Puppy Mill, bread away. But don't make me fund your damn kids. That's on you, but no, we get stuck with the Bill. That's a huge tipping point for moi.

The consequences of being forced to fund this crap.

Here's a counter to that thought.
The consumers of recreational drugs will be generating revenue that would lower the need for money to come out of your pocket. It's not going to reduce what you're paying now (let's be realistic). But down the road the need to raise more money from you will be reduced.

It's kind of like how school funding has been shifted to lotto tickets instead of increasing taxes. Or how the Pittman-Robertson act uses gun owners to fund conservation instead of greater taxes on general public to do the same.

Some folks think more harm than good will come from legalization. I am of the opposite opinion mostly due to the successes after repealing the 18th amendment.

The consumers of recreational drugs will be generating revenue that would lower the need for money to come out of your pocket. It's not going to reduce what you're paying now (let's be realistic). But down the road the need to raise more money from you will be reduced.

It's kind of like how school funding has been shifted to lotto tickets instead of increasing taxes. Or how the Pittman-Robertson act uses gun owners to fund conservation instead of greater taxes on general public to do the same.

Some folks think more harm than good will come from legalization. I am of the opposite opinion mostly due to the successes after repealing the 18th amendment.

You were so damn close to impressing everybody with this well thought out observation. If you just woulda have thrown in, ANYWHERE, Dingell-Johnson, you'd have had a Homerun. And it's just fun to say. Dingell-Johnson. :confused:

Say what you will about our superiority over animals, but at least I haven’t seen them take a vote and decide to destroy their own home. Liberals really are the locusts of mankind.

That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've read in a longggg...... time. You do understand why people take drugs, right ?

Taking herion is "responsible" ? Taking Meth is "responsible" ?

good grief.

Dude how retarded high are you? Have you ever met a heroin, meth, or crack addict? That’s a serious question. If not then you need to go sit in the fucking corner because you don’t know WTF you’re talking about. If you have, then how in the hell do you expect a person with a hard drug dependency to hold a fucking job? THEY CAN’T. Stoners can barely function in the adult world and they recreationally use a drug that you can actually put down and work an 8hr shift without starting to have withdrawals and going nuts.

So how are these people that will be too high all the time to work generate revenue? Tell me that. Running your EBT card at an ATM to go get your next fix doesn’t fucking count either.

Truth be told, this really changes nothing in the grand scheme of things. Other than it not being a Felony for simple possession, which in turn means it's not a mandatory arrest or mandatory Jail time, it just means they aren't going to clog "The System" with these people anymore. I doubt more people are going to be doing more hard dope due to this decision. Right or wrong, the fact remains a certain percentage will continue to do their dope, they just won't be doing time for it, unless they go the Drug Court route, like here in WA. If you wash out of Drug Court, depending on your Offender Score/Criminal History, you either sit out a term in Jail, or if you've graduated to a sentence that is a mandatory minimum of a year and a day, well, that gets you DOC/Prison time and off you go.

Now, will the Dope Heads feel somewhat more comfortable knowing they might only get a small fine and some Dope Classes. Absolutely, but I gotta tell ya, if this means we don't have to deal with this element at the level we do in regards to dealing with people withdrawing in custody? I'm all for it! Let someone else deal with that shit. We aren't a Mental Health Ward nor a damn Crisis Support Center, but we've been acting the part far too long!
You are ABSOLUTELY correct, with what you said. Obviously, you, like me, have experience working the floor and dealing with these people (use of the word is loosely)and watching them go thru D.T.'s, withdrawals, etc., trying to keep them hydrated, fed, medicated, while NOT being a doctor or a nurse, was a pure shitshow. Trying to load one of these people into an ambulance, to be rushed to the E.R., call the Jail doc./nurse, to apply the next protocol. Yep, sure as hell don't miss that crap. Sometimes, I felt more like an RN, than a CO. A lot of responsibility, just to take care of someone that made bad choices in their life. Mac:(

Last edited:
Reactions: 1J04
One thing to mention is that if it were fairly easy to get the mood altering substances of your choice based on the desired effect, you could probably get a lot of folks to take "safer" compounds as well as it being much easier not to OD, as opposed to specifically needing really dangerous versions.

Something to remember however:
Germans conquered pretty much all western and eastern Europe while off their minds on the best Meth ever made....
So well, maybe be careful who you give the really good drugs to, you don't want the 5th Reich showing up... :ROFLMAO:

I don’t know about all the debate ahead of my post. 🤷‍♂️ I didn’t read it. I am however, cautiously optimistic that Colorado will become overly depopulated when all the migrating Americans that came here for the gonja will pack up and head to Oregon for the heroine. 💡🙏🏻😇
Worth a go fund me and several billboards.

R

I've lived in Oregon for 50+ years now. I spent 30 years in LE here. I've seen the doper world up close. Look at the direction this state has gone over the last 20-30 years. The influx of people from other states, bringing with them their liberal ideas, has been the death of this state. They hate where they live, move here, then vote their new home into what they just left. Brilliant. Look at Oregon's government. Pretty clear how laws to legalize drugs get passed with "leaders" like that in office.
Dopers don't hold jobs and pay taxes. They live off the system, like a parasite on a body. They breed like rabbits, causing an additional drain on the system. We get to support their kids, in prison, in the court systems, on the give away programs, in hospitals, and just generally in society itself. Now add up the costs created by the dopers and their spawn. We are all paying for their existence and will continue to pay in so many ways. Tax the meth? Good luck with that. Oregon taxes the weed sales and where is that money? Stacked in rooms in Salem being guarded. Last I knew, banks won't except money from a( federally) illegal enterprise.
In the 50's or 60's, didn't the Russians say they would never have to invade the USA, they would destroy it from within?
Anyway, my rant is done. Time to take the pup hunting.

Just the legalization of weed increased our volume of degenerates here in CO.

And thats low key BS on the scale of drugs.

While I understand the 18th amendment idea, most (70%) of people use alcohol without issue. I mean social use that doesnt even borderline on problematic.

I have NEVER met someone who “occasionally” uses smack or meth. Dont happen. Too addictive.

Time for a reset of some sort.
Send all these Junkies and Tweekers to China in exchange for our manufacturing back......
And the lawyers. Trade them too.
Our cocaine needs in the country would drop 70%!!

Ok Puritan, go take your sober ass home. We've got alcohol, nicotine, caffeine being freely used right now. There's no reason we can't add more substances to the list.

Druggies who commit crime to fund their addiction are free to go to jail. There will be way more people who will partake in their freedom responsibly. Don't project your inability to be disciplined onto other people.
Having watched some people I know self destruct, overdose or commit suicide due to drugs, there is zero value to society that these provide. Capitalizing on the destruction of an individual and society is immoral in my opinion and should stop there. I agree alcohol and nicotine can be extremely harmful, but a responsible individual can use these in moderation as opposed to meth, heroin etc.

The taxpayer gets double-fucked being victims of crime associated with addicts and then paying for their rehabilitation or incarceration.

I've lived in Oregon for 50+ years now. I spent 30 years in LE here. I've seen the doper world up close. Look at the direction this state has gone over the last 20-30 years. The influx of people from other states, bringing with them their liberal ideas, has been the death of this state. They hate where they live, move here, then vote their new home into what they just left. Brilliant. Look at Oregon's government. Pretty clear how laws to legalize drugs get passed with "leaders" like that in office.
Dopers don't hold jobs and pay taxes. They live off the system, like a parasite on a body. They breed like rabbits, causing an additional drain on the system. We get to support their kids, in prison, in the court systems, on the give away programs, in hospitals, and just generally in society itself. Now add up the costs created by the dopers and their spawn. We are all paying for their existence and will continue to pay in so many ways. Tax the meth? Good luck with that. Oregon taxes the weed sales and where is that money? Stacked in rooms in Salem being guarded. Last I knew, banks won't except money from a( federally) illegal enterprise.
In the 50's or 60's, didn't the Russians say they would never have to invade the USA, they would destroy it from within?
Anyway, my rant is done. Time to take the pup hunting.
Sooo, you’re saying there is an upside to legal heroine, right. The problem will take care of itself in time....