• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well....there goes archery season...graphic

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
I was shoeing one of the wifes horses when one of those big black carnivorius flies decided to take a bite out of him. Flayed my index finger like a hot dog, broke bones in a couple others......good times.
20200915_182005.jpg
20200915_172800.jpg

That’s impressive! Best of luck with your recovery, and you now have a valid excuse for a crossbow.

Reactions: Redmanss
maybe you can get the surgeon to make something like this, looks like you have a good start.
70A0813A-7B63-462E-808B-12ACDC12F052.jpeg

Reactions: packratt
I've been there.

The best part was the bone fragment jumping around when I tried to shoot a rifle.

Looks like right hand only for a while, so no strange... :)

Get to healing up.

Well at least you can still give a thumbs up👍🏻 Hope u heal quick

Reactions: OldSalty2
Time for a crossbow.

I once decided to try and remove a broadhead from an arrow without a tool and had some instant regret followed by a lengthy one handed drive to the ER in the wee hours of the morning. I was able to convince the ER nurse to glue it together, wrap in tape, and help me get it into my hunting glove avoiding stitches and went back hunting. I used to be tougher, or dumber. Probably both.

Dang! That stinks.

anything besides split skin?
Bones
Tendons
(No nail damage pics....🤢)

heal quick. Im sure your wife told you, but follow docs orders.....

Yikes OP. I have a scar I'll carry to my grave on the inside of my left hand I got when my horse decided he had enough of standing on three legs and pulled his front foot out right after I drove a nail through his shoe.

I’ve got the same scar on the same finger from one that pulled a foot just as I was about to twist the nail off, to the bone, out the end, had the vet sew it up.

What the heck! What is it with horse shoers and guns? If I’d a known there were so many farriers on this site I’d have a ton more posts. - any of y’all get sick of explaining what a farrier is so you just say your a horse shoer, then people are either like “ they still do that” or they think you said you shoot horses for a living.

Ouch! Makes me glad our horse was barefoot growing up because I had hoof duty for about a decade. Heal up!

@Badguybuster Sincerest condolences, injuries like that hurt..... and remind you how much we take the daily function of our hands for granted. Best wishes on a full recovery. (y)

Last edited:
wall paper the whole house inside and out just to keep you ready when you heal keep your spirits up .

What the heck! What is it with horse shoers and guns? If I’d a known there were so many farriers on this site I’d have a ton more posts. - any of y’all get sick of explaining what a farrier is so you just say your a horse shoer, then people are either like “ they still do that” or they think you said you shoot horses for a living.

indeed. i once had someone call the number on my decal to ask what was

That makes total sense.
Seen many a folk get pissed about waiting. They dont want to listen to why its important.

Best wishes. Heal quick!!

Was training a co-worked yesterday, he was cutting some poly tubing with a razor blade..told him to watch his knuckle and he chopped it off a split second later. 🙄

@Badguybuster Ouch...that looks really painful....not to pour salt in your wound, but I was just out shooting my bow last night getting ready for whitetail season.

Time for a crossbow.

I once decided to try and remove a broadhead from an arrow without a tool and had some instant regret followed by a lengthy one handed drive to the ER in the wee hours of the morning. I was able to convince the ER nurse to glue it together, wrap in tape, and help me get it into my hunting glove avoiding stitches and went back hunting. I used to be tougher, or dumber. Probably both.
I bought that stupid teeshirt too.

Ouch! That's why you pay someone to shoe horses!!! Hard on the back, hard on the body. Respect

Was training a co-worked yesterday, he was cutting some poly tubing with a razor blade..told him to watch his knuckle and he chopped it off a split second later. 🙄

Those of us with children know that it's rarely a good idea to interrupt someone in the process of doing something stupid - it usually increases the chance of the outcome you're trying to avoid.

It's only your left hand. You're a righty now. Welcome to club awesome.

Sashimi horse platter. So delicate.

A73F9E0D-BA56-4838-B76F-8FBB04F7D494.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Jgunner
Ouch! That brought back a memory of me working on one of my draft horses with a hoof knife (I had just sharpened razor sharp). I was in a hurry because I was outside and a storm was rolling in, and I had one hoof left to trim. Just as I was cutting, lightning/thunder spooked the horse and she pulled her hoof out from my grip and I buried that dirty hoof knife to the bone in left forearm! I was young, poor, and a long way from an emergency room. I let it bleed good before I had my ex wife use my arm hair to tie together across the wound(works like stitches)and bandaged it up good. Its a miracle I didn't get an infection, or hit any tendons. Good luck with the recovery, and try to let people help you! I know that doesn't come easy to alot of us.