Well....there goes archery season...graphic

Pre-64

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2019
maybe you can get the surgeon to make something like this, looks like you have a good start.70A0813A-7B63-462E-808B-12ACDC12F052.jpeg

Reactions: packratt

chevy_man

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2019
I've been there.

The best part was the bone fragment jumping around when I tried to shoot a rifle.

Austan

Absolved from obedience
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2007
Spooner, Wisconsin
Time for a crossbow.

I once decided to try and remove a broadhead from an arrow without a tool and had some instant regret followed by a lengthy one handed drive to the ER in the wee hours of the morning. I was able to convince the ER nurse to glue it together, wrap in tape, and help me get it into my hunting glove avoiding stitches and went back hunting. I used to be tougher, or dumber. Probably both.

powdahound76

Old tired dad
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
Dang! That stinks.

anything besides split skin?
Bones
Tendons
(No nail damage pics....🤢)

heal quick. Im sure your wife told you, but follow docs orders.....

TexPatriot

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
Yikes OP. I have a scar I'll carry to my grave on the inside of my left hand I got when my horse decided he had enough of standing on three legs and pulled his front foot out right after I drove a nail through his shoe.

Bundy

Jackofnotrades
Belligerents
Dec 18, 2013
Sooner state
I’ve got the same scar on the same finger from one that pulled a foot just as I was about to twist the nail off, to the bone, out the end, had the vet sew it up.

Safetyoff700

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2018
West Texas-Close enough
What the heck! What is it with horse shoers and guns? If I’d a known there were so many farriers on this site I’d have a ton more posts. - any of y’all get sick of explaining what a farrier is so you just say your a horse shoer, then people are either like “ they still do that” or they think you said you shoot horses for a living.

BikePilot

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2020
Colorado
Ouch! Makes me glad our horse was barefoot growing up because I had hoof duty for about a decade. Heal up!

Sieg

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2018
@Badguybuster Sincerest condolences, injuries like that hurt..... and remind you how much we take the daily function of our hands for granted. Best wishes on a full recovery. (y)

Doc68

Almost a doctor
Belligerents
Feb 17, 2014
CO, Fort Carson
Last edited:

acudaowner

Old Salt
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
wall paper the whole house inside and out just to keep you ready when you heal keep your spirits up .

Badguybuster

Ignorant wretch
Belligerents
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
What the heck! What is it with horse shoers and guns? If I’d a known there were so many farriers on this site I’d have a ton more posts. - any of y’all get sick of explaining what a farrier is so you just say your a horse shoer, then people are either like “ they still do that” or they think you said you shoot horses for a living.
indeed. i once had someone call the number on my decal to ask what was

Powder_Burns

Shoutbox Veteran
Online Training Access
Belligerents
May 4, 2009
Colorado
Was training a co-worked yesterday, he was cutting some poly tubing with a razor blade..told him to watch his knuckle and he chopped it off a split second later. 🙄

MtnCreek

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 6, 2012
Time for a crossbow.

I once decided to try and remove a broadhead from an arrow without a tool and had some instant regret followed by a lengthy one handed drive to the ER in the wee hours of the morning. I was able to convince the ER nurse to glue it together, wrap in tape, and help me get it into my hunting glove avoiding stitches and went back hunting. I used to be tougher, or dumber. Probably both.
I bought that stupid teeshirt too.

E. Bryant

Gearhead
Belligerents
Oct 25, 2010
MI
Was training a co-worked yesterday, he was cutting some poly tubing with a razor blade..told him to watch his knuckle and he chopped it off a split second later. 🙄
Those of us with children know that it's rarely a good idea to interrupt someone in the process of doing something stupid - it usually increases the chance of the outcome you're trying to avoid.