• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up West central Ohio

I'm about an hour northwest of columbus and have a 200 yd range. I have a target stand at 100 and a gong at 200

I have access to land in Mt Sterling. Let me know if we want to put a group together. 1,600yd capability.

• Love
Reactions: acudaowner
I’m down in KY. Mt sterling is a couple hours from me. I would be up for a shoot sometime.

I can shoot all winter while the crops are down, however its extremely flat so winds are normally strong and we have to shoot directly west so the sun is in the scope in late afternoon. I should start a thread...

Still working on the 338 load...I'll post when I get that done

We can go out even if I dont have the load done. I'm off thurs, fri, sat. We can pencil in a day as long as its not gonna be a stormy day

ok it looks like we have several people in the area looking for long range capability. I was going to start a new thread but maybe I can get with the OP and edit the first post so we can use this as a "West Central Ohio Official Thread"? Anyway, let me run down some things so everybody knows what they are dealing with, and I'll find the other "Ohio threads" and post a link there to this thread.

The property I shoot on is 200ish acres. It's 1,590yds long and about 900 yds wide. We can use the entire chunk but we always must shoot west because of roads, other houses and farms around the property. The next structure west of the property line is about a mile out to the west. Its not a livestock field. Just crops. I can post some pics in a minute but I dont have those on my computer so I will have to post those from my phone. The (main) target is a 24"x24" AR500 steel plate, hung on a shaft thta spans between two 6x6's. The 6x6"s are 12 feet long, 3 feet of that is in the ground, so they stand 9 feet tall. The top of the plate is about a foot lower than that so the center of the plate is about 8ft off the ground. (pics in a min). The closer to the target we are, we need to be mindful of trajectory. If I (or somebody else) needs to do 100yd work, we can staple paper targets lower on the backer board or take a freestanding target for paper back away from the west property line so we arent sailing bullets out into the farm to the west. At 1,000yds or more, the trajectory puts the bullet in the dirt just a couple hundred yards past the target, well short of the next farm a mile west of the property line. There is no backstop or berm, so spotting misses is nearly impossible. The backboard is 4ft wide, so if I miss on wind, and it's not so bad of a miss that it hits the backboard, I can take the truck or quad down to the target and see whats going on. Since we are shooting west, the sun can get pretty brutal in the summer when it starts to go down, but now that the sun is starting to head south, it may not be that big of an issue, But I try not to shoot past about 5-530 just for visibility. Wind. It is flat. West Ohio guys know flat. No trees. No buildings. No hills. Wind is the biggest enemy. If they are calling for high winds I normally just dont go, but even on days when they call for light winds, it wont be light out there, so know your wind. Feel free to PM me for my number, I will create a contact group in my phone called "SH" or somethin, but I'll try to post here so everybody knows whats going on.

Through the scope at 730yds...

Attachments

• 20150603_144357.jpg
    20150603_144357.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 144
Should have posted yesterday. Gonna shoot tomorow (10/24/19) Wind supposed to be calmer and cloudier so less mirage. Cant shoot Sat. Nieces bday and helping a friend move

I'm near wilmington. So I know what you mean by the wind and flat lands..
I have a few places out to 800 but cant really bring in other people unfortunately.

I would be interested in shooting some time and I can even donate some steel if you are hard pressed. I keep a fair amount of ar targets around and use 1/2" mild plate as back stops set at an angle.

Im good on steel. I'll let you guys know when I go next. Hammered at 1150yds yesterday.

Through the scope at 730yds...

That's western Ohio sure as shit.......LOL

I live in Miami and work in Darke county. That looks like a lot of the ground I cover on my commute and some of the places I shoot ground hogs in.

I moved here from Kansas. I like the wind.

I live just north of King’s Island and around Dayton is within my realm of possibility. Let me know when you all want to go out next.

How have I missed this thread? I'm smack dab in the middle of all you folks in Clark Co./Springfield. I'd definitely be down for a meet up. Its good to see so many from the area. Been east to Thunder Valley but would love something closer. Still willing to pay or chip in to help.

Parents live in Darke County Ohio, so i am over that way occasionally. Would be nice to meet up with a group to shoot. Long range shooting gets difficult around here once the crops start coming up, so having another place to shoot would be nice!

Well this rain and virus shit are definitely not helping. I was out at TVP last weekend.

Hopefully things dry out in the next week or two and DeWine gets his head out of his ass........

Any folks want to get together some time soon? TVP? I've never been to Rayners but would be down to go. My schedule has me working every other weekend. June 5th, 6th, 7th is my next weekend off.

How have I missed this thread? I live near Dayton as well. Is there any way to still get in with this group?

Welcome. We haven't really set up a get together. We pretty much just use this in case of random encounters. Kind of a "look for the dude with the rainbow unicorn hat" type of thread. Lol.

Reactions: Zero Fox
Have you guys ever gotten together to do any shooting or range building?

If anyone has gotten together, I wasn't invited. Lol. Jk. There has been talk about a caravan out to Thunder Valley or Rayners. Private land may be hard to come by right now since most farmers have crops out. I'd be up for some trigger time next Friday or Saturday (6-19 or 6-20) if anyone is interested.

I’m in Miamisburg. I shoot matches at Rayner’s and TVP. Even Briar Rabbit every now and then. But, that 2.5hr drive is getting old. Would love to find some land in our area. Have plenty of steel just sitting. And, access to any equipment we need to clear shooting lanes. We have about 80 acres. But, can’t get further than 100 yds because of the layout and livestock. Willing to pitch in as well for any lease/fees.

Reactions: Badfinger
Finding some local (Dayton) land would be amazing. Realized the land 105gr was talking about is down in KY, still a 2.5hr or so drive. Would be awesome to go, but local would be ideal as I haven't had a lot of spare time lately. I have been shooting at Lake Bailee near Monroe. It is only 45 min away from me. Their main range has steel out to 200m. They have another range on the same property that is 300 meters. Don't get me wrong, its good, I just want something with a little more space to stretch the legs on my rifles. Last time I shot over 300m was at the 500m range with irons when I was still in uniform.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure he's near Mt Sterling. @105gr how's it looking out there? Crops up? If so, could we be lucky enough to have it be beans? Lol.

I thought he meant Mount Sterling, Ohio...……….about 20 min southeast of London on state route 56.

@105gr you still around?
Well, that makes a difference. Mt Sterling, KY is what came up first when I started typing in Google Maps. Thanks Google.

idk if he planted yet. Haven't been down there in months. He had all beans last year so idk if will be corn/beans, corn/corn or beans/beans

Reactions: 308pirate
Central Ohio guys. I have some 338LM components I dont use any more. Let me know if you want anything. Dies, H1000, RL22(I think), 285ELD's, 300OTM's, 250OTM's, and Nosler 338LM brass