• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

AF7A966A-EE12-43B8-ABF8-46F306ED5189.jpeg

Last nights offerings

Nice! How’s the Old Carter? I really would like to find a couple bottles but it’s not for sale in Michigan.

Matt
Worth the MSRP. That’s the batch 10 rye. Every offering I’ve had from them is fabulous. Have had the entire flight three years running thus far

Reactions: db2000
Mostly a summer drink but something different.

One on my favorite michelada's.

20221109_163112.jpg

Good with BBQ / grilled / or Texmex

I may have. Let me check

Nope, don't have Batch 12.

About to kill this New Riff Single Barrel, which I really enjoy. Pulled out my Good Old Times Barrel Strength Toasted Cigar Blend 8/24 Kobe/Snoop Special edition pick to sip on. Shit is ssooo good. Wish I bought more of these last year. Cheers🥃🥃

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Nope, don't have Batch 12.

About to kill this New Riff Single Barrel, which I really enjoy. Pulled out my Good Old Times Barrel Strength Toasted Cigar Blend 8/24 Kobe/Snoop Special edition pick to sip on. Shit is ssooo good. Wish I bought more of these last year. Cheers🥃🥃

The DEPS store pic NR SiB are delicious.

Reactions: padom
Not easily available in my area but at least the younger Rittenhouse BIB is easy to find here.

Other fun thing to do with Rittenhouse; 2 parts Rit BIB 1 part Old Forester Signature (the standard 100 pf offering).
You now have a really close approximation of the original Pennco/Michter's whiskey.

Given all the higher proof Old Forrester variants now, might be real interesting to try it with the Pikesville.

Unless you are old the only real Michter's anyone has tasted the past several decades is the A.H. Hirsch 16. That was a $60-65 bottle for a very long time before things went stupid.

***ROFL, even more stupid, seeing stuff online at $20,000 for it now, it was good, it wasn't THAT good.

Hirsch makes a 7.5 year finished in cognac casks. 120ish proof. About $160 a bottle. Phenomenal bourbon.

I’ve got 2 Michter’s 10s. One unopened, one with about 2oz left in it, those are special occasion bourbons

Other fun thing to do with Rittenhouse; 2 parts Rit BIB 1 part Old Forester Signature (the standard 100 pf offering).
You now have a really close approximation of the original Pennco/Michter's whiskey.

Given all the higher proof Old Forrester variants now, might be real interesting to try it with the Pikesville.

Unless you are old the only real Michter's anyone has tasted the past several decades is the A.H. Hirsch 16. That was a $60-65 bottle for a very long time before things went stupid.

***ROFL, even more stupid, seeing stuff online at $20,000 for it now, it was good, it wasn't THAT good.
Great to know. I’ll try one of my OF SiB and Pikesville and how it comes out!

Reactions: 6.5SH
I had the 18 the other night. Just my opinion, but the 12 is better……..

About 4oz of Stag jr 1oz of orange liqueur couple dashes of orange bitters and a 1/2 spoon of real maple syrup.

Been a screwed up day.
16686566954829165041824684893592.jpg

Couple of cherries .

Pretty tasty. It needs to open up thou. Definitely different in a good way. Bourbon, Rye and Brown Rice whiskey. I do like the Rye bite it has. Wonderful finish!

1218EA97-54B9-48A8-BED2-BCD386016472.jpeg

Last edited:
Feeling like a Poor tonight, Kirkland blended Scotch Whiskey. Not Bad for the price, but I’d prefer a Single Malt like Glenfiddich ( older is better).

It’s more than “a bit sharp” on the palate (hey, what ‘cha want for a $20 bottle of rye?), but de rigor for today …

718DD3F5-4943-4D35-A077-312473FD67CD.jpeg

USDA Prime Bone In Ribeye roast seared then slow cooked at 250F on the smoker until internal temp of 125F, then let rest for 30min paired with Lot B. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving Eve🥃🥃🥃🥃

Ooooh, daddy like

1669258279291.gif

Reactions: padom
Having another Pour of this Larceny B522. It is VERY comparable to Weller Full Proof. This B522 has that oak kick on the finish. Very tasty and I would highly recommend if your looking for a high proof Wheat’r

The A122 is sweeter and has chocolate on the finish.

3C88A685-467B-4515-8526-65D1CAAD0355.jpeg

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
Unfortunately, I am drinking a hot toddy with Jefferson’s in it since I have a mild case of the Rona that’s making me cough.

Reactions: OldSalty2
Creek water is the best, I got 4 cases free and it's the only none empties in my house.

Was starting to feel a bit under the weather so made the standard elixir; 50/50 Drambuie and 10 yo Laphroaig Cask Strength over ice.

My dad is in his late 80s. I get him a bottle of bourbon every Christmas, a tradition for many years now. Typically, I get the more commonly available stuff, like Knob Creek 12, or the various Makers. I'm not a bourbon aficionado, although I do like bourbon and can tell the difference between the "good" and "bad" stuff.

He likes the Knob Creek 12 but isn't picky. I guess at his age he just thinks it all gets you to the same place 🤣.

Looking to get a something a bit more unique but also a known quantity. Any suggestions for around 150?

My dad is in his late 80s. I get him a bottle of bourbon every Christmas, a tradition for many years now. Typically, I get the more commonly available stuff, like Knob Creek 12, or the various Makers. I'm not a bourbon aficionado, although I do like bourbon and can tell the difference between the "good" and "bad" stuff.

He likes the Knob Creek 12 but isn't picky. I guess at his age he just thinks it all gets you to the same place 🤣.

Looking to get a something a bit more unique but also a known quantity. Any suggestions for around 150?
If he likes the Beam flavor profile one of the Booker's or Baker's will be in his wheelhouse. Maker's is a wheater so one of the fancier age stated Old Fitzgerald if available in your area might be a nice one.

Not sure what kinda selection you have access to but if you’re seeing KC12 then possibly KC15 or Horse Soldier Reserve cask strength. That’s a great one. Whistle Pig 12 yr Old World Rye if you wanna change it up. It’s delicious.

Reactions: OldSalty2