• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Early wedding gift to us. She even told me; "You might as well leave that glass out, you're going to want it again tomorrow." :D

h2cDMip.jpg

9GBSRR8.jpg

It’s great. Still
Unobtainable in Louisiana. We bought a whole barrel of single barrel that we picked……made friends up there. We purchased, they shipped to us

That’s awesome. I was at Heaven Hill 2 weeks ago and the tour guide said they were working on a program so people can pick a barrel and have it sent to them… he said they are working the 3 Tear system and getting the details figured out… hope other distillery’s do the same.

I was able to pick up a bottle of Old Carter Straight Bourbon finally. It’s fantastic! NAS unfortunately but I think that’s how they all come now

We emailed 3 different distilleries that aren’t in Louisiana yet. New Riff was the first reply. We tasted 6 different barrels at NR and picked. 6 weeks later it came home

This Dickel definitely isn’t my favorite since I’ve given it a few tries.
The J Mattingly Hazzard Lights is pretty damn good though. I’ll open up Hazzard Pay one day.

IMG_4681.jpeg
IMG_4680.jpeg

Picked up a new friend today. I was visiting family a couple hundred miles away and found this at a small liquor store near my mother's house.

This bottle was marked down $45. If they would have had two bottles I would have gotten them both. I have bought this several times before.

20230716_165501.jpg

Aldi's has a few good beers, tonight was a Wernesgruner pils,

decent,

no idea who makes it for them

Y'all ever been to a bar and hesitate to order a drink, the bartender assures you they make a good one, so you go ahead... Then they ask "how do you like it" and you give them an honest opinion and you feel like they are saying "fuck off you fucking mother fucker"...

yea...

Gal made an actual great tasting old fashioned, I wont complain except a tiny bit sweet FOR ME, but not "in general". I tell her "elevate your cocktail game with a mixing glass so you arent pouring hot liquor and mixers over your presentation large square cube, you're just burning cheap ass well ice in the mixing glass, then when you serve my drink I have to wait 10 minutes for it to cool off and then im drinking half water"... she was like "ok" cock sucker... Ok sorry you feel that way, but there is a reason I drink straight bourbon most places because bitches like you cant fuck it up... although I have even been proven wrong there.... LOL

Finished this yesterday, an excellent rum. Easy to drink, no burn, hints of vanilla and cinnamon.
20230717_155922.jpg

Reactions: 37L1
1 part citrus syrup
1 part lemon juice
3 -4 drop bitters
5 oz Rye
Muttled mint

Shake with ice

Attachments

• 71167742505__6D1C795F-CB70-4BC9-8C47-C306FDD675C1.jpeg
    71167742505__6D1C795F-CB70-4BC9-8C47-C306FDD675C1.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 15
I can honestly say, as a Hop Head, (that means IPA drinker) I am really bored with juiced or hazy IPA's,,

not downing anyone's drink of choice,, just lamenting on the lack of good standby IPA's (bells hearted, Dogfish Head 60 or 90 etc

so tonight, whilst in a hotel near the gunshow,,, Basil Hayden Dark Rye,

tasty

Going to need a new bottle.

Attachments

• 16899893287329179754938992756173.jpg
    16899893287329179754938992756173.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 34
I can honestly say, as a Hop Head, (that means IPA drinker) I am really bored with juiced or hazy IPA's,,

not downing anyone's drink of choice,, just lamenting on the lack of good standby IPA's (bells hearted, Dogfish Head 60 or 90 etc

so tonight, whilst in a hotel near the gunshow,,, Basil Hayden Dark Rye,

tasty
Not sure of the accuracy of this statement, but a buddy that’s seemingly “in the know” told me brewers initially turned recipes that didn’t turn out they way they hoped into “juicy” IPAs by adding additional ingredients to prevent wasting a huge investment of time and energy. Money too I guess. I’m sure they just make them that way now since some people seem to like them. I like one occasionally but too have gravitated away from them.

IMG_5570.jpg

Courtesy of my daughter on Father's Day. I have never seen this particular bottle anywhere in my AO. That is the 2nd pour. First was a small sample in a glencairn. I am picking up a slight charcoal after taste a few minutes after sipping. Smooth up front, no real alcohol burn at all. HA! I sound like some kind of somaleeyay..... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: db2000
Life, the highs and lows. Reliving my youth with the Hamms, and enjoying my adulthood with the Glenmorangie.View attachment 8188876

Hamms. Holy shit, does that bring back memories. My Dad used to say, “Hamms is like two lovers in a canoe. Fucking close to water . “

Do you remember the commercial with the bear rowing a canoe?”

Yes I do. When I was in high school, my buddy Bill had a barrel tapper that fit the Hamm's barrels. We bought 1/4 barrels for about $9. We drank a metric ass ton of those. As long as you would keep it cold, it was alright.
Edit: After talking to my brother, he remembers 1/4 barrels costing $18 or 20. His memory is a lot better than mine, so we'll go with his memory, not mine.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: FatBoy and db2000
It’s good. Not as good as the Bakers or the HW in my mind. Not disappointed in the purchase

Reactions: db2000