• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Was in the mood. Haven’t had it in many months.

IMG_2493.jpeg

Drank this 1.75L many nights partying at the ski resort I worked at. Even mixed it with coke 🤦‍♂️ Would probably be worth $3-4K now at least. Maybe more but was 20 yrs ago.
IMG_6560.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Labanaktis
Drank this 1.75L many nights partying at the ski resort I worked at. Even mixed it with coke...
Fact is, a really good bourbon-and-coke starts with good bourbon - and Mexican Coke.

But yeah, I wouldn't use GTS. Probably...

Fact is, a really good bourbon-and-coke starts with good bourbon - and Mexican Coke.

But yeah, I wouldn't use GTS. Probably...
Yeah, we were just ignorant and partying. Not even sure how he got that bottle.
That being said, I do like using quality ingredients if I’m mixing a drink. Currently drinking Jose Reserva de la Familia Extra Anejo with soda water.

GD! Finally found the bottle I wanted in the very fucking back of the lower level of course. You know, it’s hard out here for a pimp. Tryin’ to get this money for the rent.
Or in my case, tryin’ to get a drink from the sink. On a side note, found a DEP’s NR bourbon which is incredible. 🍻

IMG_1256.jpeg
IMG_1260.jpeg
IMG_1261.jpeg

hot tea for the moment, got a killer head cold from some goober at the as the gunshow I sat up at,

had a few of those hotel pours last weekend of Jameson

STAGG 23A. I hooked a friend (whose family owns a Beverage store) up with a case of Willett 4yr Rye… it’s not available in Michigan. He hooked me up with a couple allocated ones now and again.

The 23A is delicious. It’s a typical STAGG profile. Not a unique one in a good way. Big dark cherry, burnt brown sugar. Old Oak punch. Maybe some dark raisin ??? Maybe… Just love them, especially the chewiness on the finish.

Last edited:
Reactions: db2000
VA ABC pick. Very sweet and extremely smooth for the proof.
IMG_1377.jpeg

Pretty good. Drinks much hotter than 113.1. Some ice improves the profile on this one.
IMG_1381.jpeg

In contrast, smooth as silk and incredible flavor straight from the bottle. 134.3
IMG_1382.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Labanaktis
Pretty good. Drinks much hotter than 113.1. Some ice improves the profile on this one.
View attachment 8293269
tried one of thier varieties years ago and was underwhelmed

not know what part of VA you are in, (I am just south of RVA) have you found a decent selection at your local store(s)

some here are good, but some also seem to sell out quickly or just not carry anything other than the basics,

my gro biz history tells me demographics etc play a part,
however I also know folks out of state that tend to get better variety,

tried one of thier varieties years ago and was underwhelmed

not know what part of VA you are in, (I am just south of RVA) have you found a decent selection at your local store(s)

some here are good, but some also seem to sell out quickly or just not carry anything other than the basics,

my gro biz history tells me demographics etc play a part,
however I also know folks out of state that tend to get better variety,
I have had a chance to dilute slightly to see what the flavor brings. All and all I am also a bit underwhelmed also. I have a few “10 yr” VA ABC store picks. One is 11 yr stated age at least. I have a couple good 16 and 17 year picks. I paid $140 or so each for those and have back ups!
They are all much better than this. I haven’t had the run of the mill Piggyback due to lack of interest with all the others I’ve had. I enjoyed the 18 yr my buddy has and the Boss Hog V was incredible and on a whole different level. I missed out on the drop on a 21 yr at $800 or so but imagine it’s probably delicious. Not sure worth the coin though.
The 12 yr Old World is good but fortified wine cask finished so it’s kinda cheating.

I won’t pick up another bottle of the piggyback I don’t believe. 🍻

Just had the JD Twice Barreled again. Opened up nicely. This Rye might be a different Rye then the Barrel Proof Rye? The Barrel Proof Rye is sweater to me, and delicious. The Twice Barreled is more earthy Rye bread and is just as tasty at 100 proof… very interesting

Reactions: db2000
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruben 14. Finishing the bottle. Eagerly anticipating Christmas for a restock of my favorites and a couple of new ones to try.

So basically no one here drinks beer. Hmmm...only fancy bourbans and whatever. Of course we will win the upcoming battles with the left. For fucks sake. We drink only elite alcohol.

I drink beer. And bourbon. No one cares about what brand of domestic beer I’m drinking as long as it ain’t a blow me bud light.

Well, well, well. Once again I prove my wife wrong. It’s not hoarding. It’s investing in my future 🤣
Found five 2019’s, a 2020 and a few gems I had squirreled away. Also scored a few 2023’s today while traveling.
IMG_1499.jpeg