• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Just bought it a few hours ago. Had to drive to the rich part of town to get it. They don't carry much high dollar stuff in my part of town. On ice with a splach of red Rock Amber diet ginger ale.
IMG_20181109_212257014.jpg

My future FIL was telling me about a whiskey and ginger last night in the phone.
Said we will have to get one (or 2 or 3) next time we are together.
I wonder if ginger beer is less sweet than ginger ale. Im not too much for the sweet taste along with whiskey.

My future FIL was telling me about a whiskey and ginger last night in the phone.
I wonder if ginger beer is less sweet than ginger ale. Im not too much for the sweet taste along with whiskey.

Ginger beer tends to be less sweet and a bit more "gingery" than mass market ginger ale.

A lot of ginger beers have a musty aftertaste that ferks up my whiskey. Always taste the ginger ale neat. It should be dry and not so sweet. My Ingles store brand diet ginger ale is pretty good. Schwepps is pretty dry but not so gingery. Diet tonic water and some fresh grated ginger ain't bad either.

I'm just drinking it straight today. Really taste those port notes.

Reactions: Geno C.
As you can tell from my posts I’m not much of a beer drinker. Last night I was sitting in a Saskatoon bar having a great conversation with some Canadian rednecks. They were drinking Molson so I thought I’d give one a try. When I asked the barmaid for one she responded, “Canadian?” I said, no ma’am I’m from Louisiana. It was an honest response from someone not versed in the menu of Molson offerings.

After some clarifying words a good laugh was had by all.

Michelin golden draft light in 12 oz. cans , several of them actually

Little bourbon this evening to remember my heroes who signed on the dotted line.

All you who did that I only know through he Hide, many many thanks from me and mine.

To my friends who still struggle with the demons they gathered, may you find the balance of peace in your heart and deeper meaning and the next numbing drink.

Fuck, my house is dusty

Bacardi and eggnog, because I ran out of TX.
Except for my signed birthday bottle.

As you can tell from my posts I’m not much of a beer drinker. Last night I was sitting in a Saskatoon bar having a great conversation with some Canadian rednecks. They were drinking Molson so I thought I’d give one a try. When I asked the barmaid for one she responded, “Canadian?” I said, no ma’am I’m from Louisiana. It was an honest response from someone not versed in the menu of Molson offerings.

After some clarifying words a good laugh was had by all.
We had that same problem when we was in Banff last month. I didn’t like molson, hell even the locals didn’t drink it.

Reactions: tnichols
I'm not a sophisticated drinker.

My usual tipple is a lowly rum and Coke with well rum.

Lately, I got turned on to Jim Beam Double Oak, which seems to have done relatively well in recent comparison tastings, but heck, don't ask me to rate whiskies, I just don't have that sort of palate.

I also have a liking for Jim Beam Black, but my VFW doesn't carry it.

Since moving to Arizona, I've been to a few local wine festivals. The wines are different, and I'm told the local desert soils impart a peppery character. Well the peppery character is there, I'm just no so sure it's all about the soil. My tastes are still aligned with the Finger Lakes, and nothing local has caught my interest so far.

My Daughter is working the tasting room at a very local winery; she has a couple of decades of experience at it, and the owners like her quite a bit. They grow 14 different varieties in their vineyard, and they're about all red. Lots of dry wines, but sweets are very hard to fine, especially good ones.

I think I'm catching a stiff whiff of California wine making here...

I also worked some years in the Finger Lakes wine industry. I'm still looking for something to like that's local. In the Finger Lakes, wine is a pretty big growth industry. Some of what you can find there is outstanding. There's a huge variety of wines (and Meads, and fruit wines that don'yt taste like syrup), and no shortage of great sweet wines.

Seems like around here, sweet and wine are somewhat of an oxymoron. They provide one for us weirdos, it's not much of a wine, its usually so sweet it's cloying; and if you want better, look elsewhere.

So I do...

Greg

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Paddy Irish, bottle brought from Ireland.

Just found out one of my good buddies has stage 4 bladder CA.
This bottle comes out at times like this.

"Rye? Or what'll it be old timer?"

"Rye will do, provided it gets here quick!"

Elijah Craig small batch bourbon, about 3 fingers, dash whiskey sour, and splash of diet White Rock ginger ale. On ice of course.

Reactions: tnichols
I don't usually like Rye but I enjoyed a Canadian mule the other day.

• 1/4 oz Bootleg Botanicals Some Like it Hot Infused Bourbon
  • 1/4 oz Real Canadian Maple Syrup
  • 1 ounce Canadian Whiskey
  • 4 oz of Bootleg Botanicals™ Ginger Beer

Jack Daniels and ginger ale with cherries that were soaking in Jack Daniels.
20180701_193325.jpg

Reactions: Geno C.
Jacky Danny in a Cat mug. They go together well. Old reliable.

Attachments

• 20181202_201249.jpg
    20181202_201249.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 40
I used to do that all the time. Until I bumped it, spilled, and half my keyboard quit working. And now my laptop is slower than a constipated shit.
You only do photo ops with the first glass. ;)