• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

I have bought the Caribbean Cask a couple times, I like it. It's a $75 bottle around here. If you like Balvenie, try the 15 year old sherry cask, about a $90 bottle, that one is one of my favorites.

Will do.

Not really knowledgeable in whiskey.

Typically a beer drinker but due to a current avoidance of carbs Im looking for distilled amber liquids for social occasions.

Friend recommended the Caribbean Cask as possibly something for a beginner thats not too trained in the art of drinking paint thinner.

If you get good whiskey/ one that you like, it's quite enjoyable. Try adding a little water or an ice cube or two, it's very different than straight up.

Reactions: pmclaine
Been up since 430. Got everything done around the house by noon. Red Grapefruit vodka and lemonade. Only things left to do today are fly fish and kill shit.

Will do.

Not really knowledgeable in whiskey.

Typically a beer drinker but due to a current avoidance of carbs Im looking for distilled amber liquids for social occasions.

Friend recommended the Caribbean Cask as possibly something for a beginner thats not too trained in the art of drinking paint thinner.
If you are just starting on whiskeys the irish whiskys and the tamer 80 proof bourbons will be the most palatable.

Jamison caskmates is a good start.

Tried a little Deerhammer Single Malt last evening.
CO distilled. Quite tasty.
The port cask finished one was not for me.

@pmclaine give regular old Tulamore Dew a try.
Mighty smooth and tasty for an inexpensive whiskey.
I dont drink a lot of whiskey and I like it to be tasty when I do.

742FDB2B-1FE4-420B-8AE2-1BA83E6634FD.jpeg

Avion with a splash of creamer and one ice cube.

Headed to Louisville, KY for a short weekend. Anyone out there recommend something from the area? Bourbon or whiskey they are partial to?
That I won’t find in east IA?
Say $60 or less?

Elijah Craig 12y barrel proof. Probably more than $60 but you will thank me later. The regular EJ small batch is almost as good for half the price. Heaven Hill 6y is the same whiskey at half the age and is 80% of what the EJ is and only costs about $12/bottle. Great mixer grade and still good enough to sip neat. Eagle Rare 10y is as good as any at any price and is usually less than $40 ea. Michters is some of the best and still under $60. Woodford dbl oaked is a little harsh at first and tastes of charcoal but has that big oaky finish that some like. Blantons is always good but getting harder to find. The Knob Creek 120 proof single bbl is another top drawer bourbon. I cannot think of any that out perform that list at any price. Most should also be available in your home state as well. Keep in mind that all of the single bbl offerings will vary from batch to batch with some being better than others. I had a Dickle select bbl offering from TN that great but when I got another one, it tasted like cheap corn licker. Not good. One more is Calumet 10y is a good one.

My tastes run to vanilla and cotton candy on the nose, sweet caramel and vanilla on the palette with a big oaky finish with just a hint of rye peppery burn at the end. Really good bourbons unlike Scotch are going to all taste similar. I am a bit of a snob in that I rarely bother with bourbons who fail to provide an age statement. 10-12y olds tend to be the best hear.

Irish

Reactions: lash and jungle45
Four Roses single barrel to watch the fireworks with and coffee, black this am, the way I like it...…...my tea, the way I like it, in the Harbor!!
USA!

Reactions: lash
Ice

2oz bourbon

1 barbspoon of actual organic maple syrup

3 dashes of aromatic bitters

Orange pill zest

2 marachino cherries

Stir

Pour into a scotch tumbler....my take on the old fashioned....

Absolutely positive that this has been done many times before...in no way taking credit

Bench

EH Taylor Small Batch. As the song says smooth as Tennessee whiskey xxx that out! Actually smoother than Tennessee whiskey. It’s a little hollow on the finish but while you’re waiting for that finish just have another splash you’ll be more tolerant of that little deficit.
PS it’s a little hard to find these days but less than 50$ (unless you live in the wrong place in this Great Republic!)

image.jpgHere lately anything from the Barton distillery

First taste in a week......time to see if the cat gut holding my intestines shut where my appendix used to be is solvent proof.....

image.jpg

Not a bad day of recovery.....

Cleaned my loading bench, cleaned my M40A1, made 35 rounds of ammo.

As impressed by this as much as I am by the whiskey....

image.jpg

Won't look that clean for long.

I finally got my hands in some Blantons. My take is it's good but it's not THAT good. Seriously some people talk like this is THE best bourbon ever, and it is good, but Eagle Rare is just as good, a lot cheaper and readily available.
My $.02 bourbon is a vey subjective topic.

Water. Lots of cool water.

Ran a nice 3.6 miles for my lunch break, sweaty as all hell.

Need a little more fluid

Some cheap ass bourbon I had to mix with sprite to get down because this forum has been taking my drinking money and spending it on optics

• Haha
Reactions: lash
Summer time drink two pineapples cut up with 3 bottles of your favorite vodka let sit in frig 1-2 weeks . Glass with ice and a little every night until its empty.
20190711_195138.jpg

My friend visited some acquaintances in Ireland some years ago who told him that he would feel better in the morning if he washed down the Guinness with some good Irish whiskey... lying bastards? They tried that on me, but I was wise in the ways of the white man.

My friend visited some acquaintances in Ireland some years ago who told him that he would feel better in the morning if he washed down the Guinness with some good Irish whiskey... lying bastards? They tried that on me, but I was wise in the ways of the white man.
Yeah everybody knows you have to wash down the whisky with Guinness.

BLanton's for me tonight. I blame the internet for how hard it is to get ahold of now. It's a nice change of pace and it slows my drinking slightly. Honestly I think I still prefer Eagle Rare.

Glenmorangie?

I honestly don’t know and am just guessing based upon a single trip to Scotland.
Famous Grouse is the most popular selling Scotch in Scotland. It's a blend. When I know I will have more than one Scotch drinks in an evening, I will first have an Aberlour. All drinks after, I go to Famous Grouse. Your taste buds get a bit overwhelmed with the first drink, so why waste the high priced Scotch on the second and third.

Famous Grouse is the most popular selling Scotch in Scotland. It's a blend. When I know I will have more than one Scotch drinks in an evening, I will first have an Aberlour. All drinks after, I go to Famous Grouse. Your taste buds get a bit overwhelmed with the first drink, so why waste the high priced Scotch on the second and third.
That makes sense, just like Johnny Walker Red or Dewars here in the States.