• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Got that fancy wine. Cab sauv is always a solid go-to. You mind saying what you paid for that bottle? :sneaky:
I bought the whole barrel.
It was an auction for charity, a wine made specifically for the auction from a specially selected vineyard and all that. And I believe that there were only 3 or 4 barrels total produced.
So one could argue that I overpaid for the wine but again, charity and a very exclusive bottling.

Reactions: Underaverage
More Rebel Yell.

Bout finished with this bottle.

Will see what tomorrow brings after some coffee and grocery shopping.

I bought the whole barrel.
It was an auction for charity, a wine made specifically for the auction from a specially selected vineyard and all that. And I believe that there were only 3 or 4 barrels total produced.
So one could argue that I overpaid for the wine but again, charity and a very exclusive bottling.
Oh wow, that's awesome! Giving to charity AND getting quality/exclusive wine! I can imagine that a barrel of good wine is expensive. But the charity portion definitely makes it more rewarding to sip on, I'm sure :ROFLMAO:

No prob.
Trade you a 30 pack of quilted for a couple bottles of that Stags’ Leap.

Which is different from Stag’s Leap.
Who won Paris in ‘76.

This Rye is damn good for around $30. Heard it was good and underpriced. Plus I love the name!!

Glad you know the difference.
I will usually have a bottle of Cask 23 on hand (that won in Paris '76) but for now it's just FAY, SLV, and Artemis on hand. ?

Tonight I started with a glass of BRUM, then chased with some Plantation 2008 Barbados.

Oh no, you poor bastard......
That Cask 23 is higher than I can go for a bottle of wine. Artemis is about my top.

Go wine (intended) to @TheGerman about how terrible it is.

Having my weekly fuck the Corona Virus meeting, enjoying my standard Glenmorangie LaSanta.
15861162811501416603523956737386.jpg

Reactions: jrassy
20200405_122831.jpg

This is what's on the menu right now.
A Sonoma county wine, this is a wine that models a left bank Bordeaux without all the tannin.
Half Cab Sauvignon, a quarter Malbec and the other quarter a mix of Merlot, Petite Verdot and Syrah.
A solid 90 score and great value.

Reactions: MPrimo
Well after grocery shopping for 4 houses this AM, got a nice 3.5 mile run in.

Then back to the house for other fitness activities. Needed a shower after, its hot here in Denver today!

Had some home built guac in the fridge, so had that and a margarita then moved onto a chicken nacho plan and more margarita.

Now having some much needed water.......

Well, maybe a nip of whiskey later tonight....

Bought some of my usual Bulleit and this is the strange I'm going to try.....

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MPrimo
Was going to crack open a bottle of lagavulin 25 and have a glass or two....but I had an excellent heavy bench and squat day today so I’ll probably just have a few glasses of bushmills original on the patio and eat my wife’s ass!?

bench

Reactions: jrassy
Does anyone actually like bulleit? I drink it from time to time but I’ve never met anyone who actually has it as a “go to” or favorite.

bench

Yep I like the green lable rye. I'll take what you won't drink.

Last edited:
Does anyone actually like bulleit? I drink it from time to time but I’ve never met anyone who actually has it as a “go to” or favorite.

bench
The rye but not the bourbon. I like their rye a LOT

Go to bourbon from a cost perspective for me is Knob Creek or Costcos bottle. Both are a great value.

Reactions: pmclaine
I agree with the Knob Creek. I have not tried the Costco label but do not doubt it. Their tequila is excellent for the price.

Reactions: Nik H
That's a strong one, it is good, best enjoyed in small sips. That one can take a few drops of water.

That's a strong one, it is good, best enjoyed in small sips. That one can take a few drops of water.
I typically drink neat, but that is one of the exceptions, a couple drops of water really opens it up. It is delicious neat but tends to anesthetize the tastebuds at that strength.
The photo is a couple months old, the bottle is actually nearly empty now, thankfully liquor stores are "essential."