• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Couple Pours from this evening at a friends house.

IMG_2714.jpeg

IMG_5898.jpg

Once again my daughter picks a winner. A gift she gave to me just before she left for her new job. Been sitting on it since early November. Punk kid, says "hey pops, this is your birthday AND Christmas gift since I won't be home...." How does a gift cover two occasions? Fortunately for her this is an excellent drink, and is going fast. This is the first Christmas and my birthday that she was not with us in 29 years. The Queen Bee is bummed out. We do our best and then you have to let that string out as they make their moves. Sometimes the moves are halfway across the country. At any rate...........any other members of the goon squad try this Widow Jane? Merry Christmas!

Doug

Finishing up the night with a Pour of Old Forester Single Barrel Barrel Strength BAR pick. From Down One (AJ’s pick) delicious Brown Forman! Found out that Down One was sold and that they were not supposed to sell the picks. Also have an Antique 107 from them and it’s delicious

tonight was corner night,

had a corner left of

4 Roses
Lauffrog scotch
Ardberg,

drank them,

and opened a Basil Hayden dark Rye,

now, water and bed

Reactions: Labanaktis
Auditioning some new Miller and Kreisel surrounds on my Denon before swapping over to the new Marantz AVR. Enjoying one of my favs after a fresh venison tenderloin dinner. 🍻
IMG_1667.jpeg
IMG_1665.jpeg
IMG_1666.jpeg

Reactions: db2000
I am truly impressed and just a little envious by the beverages all of you have been enjoying. Me.... it's Corona non-alcoholic tonight. It is still like kissing my sister but I gotta do what I gotta do. 31 months + 1 week and counting. It doesn't get any easier. But I gotta do what I gotta do. Enjoy gents......

I am truly impressed and just a little envious by the beverages all of you have been enjoying. Me.... it's Corona non-alcoholic tonight. It is still like kissing my sister but I gotta do what I gotta do. 31 months + 1 week and counting. It doesn't get any easier. But I gotta do what I gotta do. Enjoy gents......
Good for you and stay the course despite the temptations here.

Feeling a bit out of sorts so Ralfy's elixir of 50/50 Laphroaig Cask Strength (bottled in 2011) and Drambuie.

Which leads me to my next rant, corks fucking SUCK.

Scotch and Tequila seem to suffer the most, but corks rot. Had about a 1/3 rd of a bottle of an 2009 bottled Ardbeg Uigeadail and the top pulls off !@#$^%&!

For those that don't know most of the contents of that are pre-Glenmorangie ownership when the distillery was closed. The whisky was far older.

Feeling a bit out of sorts so Ralfy's elixir of 50/50 Laphroaig Cask Strength (bottled in 2011) and Drambuie.

Which leads me to my next rant, corks fucking SUCK.

Scotch and Tequila seem to suffer the most, but corks rot. Had about a 1/3 rd of a bottle of an 2009 bottled Ardbeg Uigeadail and the top pulls off !@#$^%&!

For those that don't know most of the contents of that are pre-Glenmorangie ownership when the distillery was closed. The whisky was far older.
Look at the 2012 cork vs 2018.
IMG_1687.jpeg

Was just in the boys mart (liquor store) and saw this...
It was reasonable enough that I just had to try since I had never heard of it before.

It's a Irish cream liquor kind of thing and honestly is MUCH better than Bailey's IMHO.
I will be trying it in my coffee tomorrow morning and will update the post at that time.

BTW, sorry for blurry pic, shit happens, if you want a refund, you know how to ask.

jb.jpg

What am I drinking now?

Beer, lots of. Heineken. Probably more than 3 litres, but not sure. Vodka to come out later.

Probably in a state now where I should not be posting on social media. Thank Microcock for spell check.

Edit: When did I turn so soft?😭

If the Little Book is Chapter 3 go with that. Hard to get and it’s ALL Barrel Strength. Kentucky Tea Batch was one of the best releases of Bookers in awhile. Buy both if possible.

Edit: didn’t know they were 1.5oz Pours. Go with the Little Book 3

Last edited:
Reactions: earthtrekker1775
2 tall Guinness at the Diversity Hooters near the gunshow hotel,
followed by a Dog Fish head 60 minute 24oz and a Star Hill Northern Lights IPA

Reactions: padom and db2000
I like their stuff. That one was approximately 50$. I don't have a well defined pallet and no knowledge of how to describe it, but it's Definitely drinkable.

Welp the C923 is delicious as expected.
Thanks again for the generous sharing.
I think if I was forced to pick a $60 bourbon to drink the rest of my life it would probably be an EC BP or possibly OF 1920.
IMG_1785.jpeg

So the other day the Specs (Texas based wine and liquor store) did their annual bourbon day drop on all their store picks. It's crazy to see they were just handing out most of the allocated bottles you can think of. None of the BTAC stuff. Most stores would be lucky to get a case of a lot of these bottles. Specs is ordering PALLETS of these allocated bottles. I went on my lunch break and missed out on a lot of the stuff. I'm not willing to camp out for days for this. Still got me a Knob Creek 18, Buffalo Trace Store Pick and a Blantons Store Pick. All the bottles being offered was at MSRP.

Not my video. But first bottle offered was a Willett Purple Top!