• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

IMG_4327.jpeg

Ahh, the last weekend at the deer camp. There’s 8 of us here. Only one Indian is awake to go hunting (this guy)

I signed up with BarrelKing. They have a Gold subscription available monthly. Been wanting to try it for some time now. Will be posting when I get the bottles. They are unique in a way that appeals to me and they ship to Michigan

Gentleman Jack

image.jpg

Having only ever experienced the typical black label JD I didn’t expect much from this bottle I was gifted.

It’s been very good!

Rye is my thing though. I will have to try the Jack Rye ala @padom

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
I'll send you some shoot me a PM. It's super tasty
Much appreciated my S1050 reloading guru but I already owe you so much for your brain contributions it would be like stealing.

Just a little blue collar bourbon, JB black extra aged on the rocks.

The 1792 BIB was great. Really hit the spot last night… the EH Taylor single barrel is good to. Has a polite sweetness and classic Buffalo Trace notes with Cherry, Carmel and light oak

Old Forester tonight!

Attachments

• IMG_3120.jpeg
    IMG_3120.jpeg
    475.5 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: padom and 37L1
Gentleman Jack

View attachment 8340257

Having only ever experienced the typical black label JD I didn’t expect much from this bottle I was gifted.

It’s been very good!

Rye is my thing though. I will have to try the Jack Rye ala @padom
The JD BP Ryes are incredible. Luckily they’ve been readily available in VA ABCs recently. Probably won’t last long.

Yeah, but honestly I like the release this year better. His came off a little thin. 10 yr 11 months also. Strange. I tried the Yamazaki Legent there as well. Didn’t retain much of the Yamazaki profile IMO. All cask finish.
Regardless, will definitely return there. Bartender was very friendly and nice selection. The rare stuff was pricey as usual
25% happy hour noon - 6pm and Abraham Sweet 16 $265 🤣

IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg

My best friend (Cliff) went to an auto show back in December. PRI, PRE, PRT, in Indianapolis....some shit like that, I can't recall. He's a gear head who races (sadly, he likes Ford Mustangs..)and has turned wrenches for close to 50 of his 55 years ....he brought back a few beers from some place and gave me a 12 pack back then and last night we all broke bread (wife's lasagna, fuckin' killer) and he dropped off a few more. IPA as it says, very "piney" if that's a word, but also very tasty. The Weller I stumbled across earlier today. Asked a clerk if they happened to have any.....he says it would be up front at the register. So I ask, and the snotty young lady opens a brand new box and pulls out a fresh bottle. I almost bought 2! I know a guy and his last name is Weller. I refused to buy that booze for the longest time on that principle alone.....it really is an under rated bourbon. The acorn is just in case some Elliot Ness mafioso types drop in and try to get frisky..... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Sangria

Really cheap (like $3) merlot mixed with zero calorie sparkling pink grapefruit.

Fookin delicious.

P

Old Forrester BP Rye 136+ proof
Thanks to a generous sample sent to me.
Delicious! Had to add a small cube 🔥

Reactions: ColbyLang
Buffalo Trace, picked up a couple bottles in a hood likker store here in Louisville,
in town for SOS/NGD,,

Reactions: db2000
Didn’t have any Jack Rye.

This was the only Jack they had locked in a cabinet so I figured I’d give it a try…

image.jpg

Reactions: padom
2023 Shanks is a wonderful 91 proof bourbon. Nice finish to, Michters gets a great finish on all their sub-100 proof offerings!

View attachment 8356439

2023 Shenks is a home run. One of my favorite shenks releases... better than Bomb in 23..

It was so good I killed a bottle in a few days and hunted down 2 backups... it's been hard not opening those. Haha