• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Trying these out for the last couple of weeks. So far, the winner is the Balvenie Double Cask with the Red Beast 12 close behind.
booze.jpg

Reactions: Jlknights61
Picked up a couple of new whiskies to try. I have heard good things about both of them
yama.jpg

I also like some good beer as well.....since all the bars are closed I’ve been jonesing for my favorite brewery’s porter named after the bar I’ve sat in for years and used to work at, the “9lb porter”. So I grabbed a growler of that and a deuce deuce of this dark heavy and high octane (10.1%) stuff.

Reactions: Joel Danielson
The results of my latest shopping trip....

Whistle Pig.....nothing daring there, just more of my usual.

The MaCallan though I expect to be a burst of different flavor than what I usually swill.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bkglock
Whistlepig

Was gifted a bottle of Templeton Rye and thought it had gone bad or something when trying it. Turns out they add some sort of fucking 'mix' to it. Good God it was awful.

Whistlepig on the other hand is fantastic; between it and the Bulleit Rye I seem to pull the rye down from the shelf more often and keep looking for new ones to try, but am not really interested in the 'generic' usual suspects like Dickle, Jack Daniels, etc.

Anyone have some really good rye suggestions?

On a non rye side note, Bushmills 21 is really good as well.

Whistlepig

Was gifted a bottle of Templeton Rye and thought it had gone bad or something when trying it. Turns out they add some sort of fucking 'mix' to it. Good God it was awful.

Whistlepig on the other hand is fantastic; between it and the Bulleit Rye I seem to pull the rye down from the shelf more often and keep looking for new ones to try, but am not really interested in the 'generic' usual suspects like Dickle, Jack Daniels, etc.

A few ryes to try: (this is a good time for ryes, lot of choices)
Pikeville if you like high proof, Rittenhouse is a good choice at lower proof. Old Forester rye is pretty good as well. If you like a less spicy rye, try Sazerac.

Whistlepig

I've had Whistle Pig when out to dinner but this is the first bottle I've bought. I knows I'm going to like it and the fact it won't be $15 a hit will only make it nicer.

Bulleit Rye is my go to. It gets some side eye from the Whiskey connoisseurs here but it is great sipping and has a "sweet" taste that makes it like dessert for my non dessert indulging self. Try some Buffalo Trace.....I thinking you will like that.

Had the MaCallan last night.......good but I like my Whiskey like I like my Germans........make them all American!

I like that Bulleit Rye too.

@pmclaine - I was wondering if you liked that Jefferson's? I got ahold of a bottle of theirs (different than yours) and really liked it. Enough to go grab another and ask the owner to keep it on the shelf....

and as for now, Jet black and piping hot coffee while I contemplate the day. Got a lot going on, gonna get some stuff done. Good times....

Picked up the latest release yesterday. Nice nose, really smooth....kind of a meh as far as the middle and finish. Gotta keep my collection up to speed. Buy two every year, one to drink and one for my son to drink after I tip over. Price jumped a bit from the last couple years.
IMG_0801.jpg

Reactions: bkglock
I made mojitos this weekend....got in the mid 90's and was too hot for scotch on the porch.

2 teaspoons sugar
1 oz lime
2 oz ron zacapa 23 rum
rip up some mint leaves
stir
top off glass with ice
stir a little more
top off everything with club soda and more leaves.

bench

Since the POTUS brought up disinfectants can kill the virus I'v been drinking bleach and coke, really not that bad after you get the first one down.

Just finished an Old Fashioned I made up myself.

4 oz of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

2 Tsp sugar (was feeling a little sweeter drink this evening)

3 dashes of Angostura Bitters

Orage peel express/garnish.

Love me some bourbon :)

My father-in-law passed about a month ago and my mother-in-law moved in with us. Today was a little frustrating, so I'm into a half bottle of Captain Morgan and a tall boy of Shock Top.

Tomorrow I'll need to hydrate.

Reactions: Soulezoo
Having the weekly fuck Corona virus meeting. This is on the menu. I've not had this one before, it looks like red wine but it's scotch.
15884463971963346841307644576606.jpg

Reactions: Jlknights61
It is non chilled filtered, no color added, 92 proof. I drink a fair amount of scotch and this one is very different. Very fruity nose, big spicy middle and a mild finish. I would say it's good, not great, but at $50 I'll keep one on the shelf.

It is non chilled filtered, no color added, 92 proof. I drink a fair amount of scotch and this one is very different. Very fruity nose, big spicy middle and a mild finish. I would say it's good, not great, but at $50 I'll keep one on the shelf.
Aged in a distinctive barrel? Port or some other kind of wine?

Trying these out for the last couple of weeks. So far, the winner is the Balvenie Double Cask with the Red Beast 12 close behind.
View attachment 7301025
Double oak is pretty good. I was u impressed with my auchentoshan triple. Very plain to me. Smooth but not a lot of character to my pallet. Have had RB. And years since The Macalan. The 15 was it bad. I’ve become more of an Isla guy but I never limit my purchases to just Isla. 🤪

I stopped at the local ABC on the way home from a long stretch on the road in the SE, and grabbed a bottle of Glenmorangie 10 Year. Been wanting to try it and why the hell I haven’t before this? It’s now my go to pour of choice