• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Killian's, one of my favorite stand by's when I'm not feeling like anything else.
I used to drink Killian's Irish Red, before I could no longer have gluten 😒

Tonight, trying this.
20200918_224240.jpg

All puns aside, old vine zinfandels are some of my favorites, dry and spicy!
I really like it! I have not been much into wine culture, but I am learning the deliciousness of the different varieties! I definitely like the more robust flavors as compared to some that have notes of citrus.. not a huge fan of that.

A special store pick. The guy at this particular store has a palette that really agrees with mine. This particular barrel doesn’t taste like any other from this place. Good thing I bought a case.
And no gluten, or carbs😉
B889403B-7B5B-417F-925D-1FA24A7C4678.jpeg

I really like it! I have not been much into wine culture, but I am learning the deliciousness of the different varieties! I definitely like the more robust flavors as compared to some that have notes of citrus.. not a huge fan of that.
I have found that I like what I like and I know what I don't like but my pedestrian palate can't tell the difference between a $15-$30 bottle and a $100 bottle. So I tend to stay in the affordable range, there are some very nice wines sub $30.

Reactions: LaraCroft
I have found that I like what I like and I know what I don't like but my pedestrian palate can't tell the difference between a $15-$30 bottle and a $100 bottle. So I tend to stay in the affordable range, there are some very nice wines sub $30.
I havent personally bought anything over a 30$ bottle. I think I've had some that cost over 60$. I didnt care for it, but I think that was on the selection the person made, honestly.

Once I am well adjusted back to wine, on to brandy!

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
I havent personally bought anything over a 30$ bottle. I think I've had some that cost over 60$. I didnt care for it, but I think that was on the selection the person made, honestly.

Once I am well adjusted back to wine, on to brandy!
If you have a Costco near you the Kirkland branded XO Cognac they sell from Peyrat is excellent, doubly so given its price. The only one I like better than it is Pierre Ferrand Selection des Anges and that is about $130-$140 a bottle. I have no qualms about having multiple bottles of the Kirkland on hand and only one of the expensive PF.

If you have a Costco near you the Kirkland branded XO Cognac they sell from Peyrat is excellent, doubly so given its price. The only one I like better than it is Pierre Ferrand Selection des Anges and that is about $130-$140 a bottle. I have no qualms about having multiple bottles of the Kirkland on hand and only one of the expensive PF.
We do have a Coatco here, actually. Inwill have to check out their selection next time I feel like fussing with the crowd 😄

A special store pick. The guy at this particular store has a palette that really agrees with mine. This particular barrel doesn’t taste like any other from this place. Good thing I bought a case.
And no gluten, or carbs😉View attachment 7427213
How is the single barrel bourbon at this level of aging? I have to head that direction next week and may need to stop by the distillery to check this out.

Reactions: Geno C.
Tossed the beer and broke out the
20200918_222135.jpg

good stuff when I heard the news about the empty supreme court seat.

16004860536006087109910383397979001_1600531601780.jpg

Single barrel cask strength 127 proof made in Texas.

Last edited:
How is the single barrel bourbon at this level of aging? I have to head that direction next week and may need to stop by the distillery to check this out.
So I’ve had the regular bottlings of this rye and it’s decent. There is something different about this particular store picked barrel. I talked the the manager at the Appleton woodmans that picked this one and he agreed that this particular barrel was different than any other. This one is excellent. Enough so that I went back and bought a case of it

What a good thread! Timing was just perfect for tonight where I’m deployed and stuck in quarantine at the moment. Needless to say, gin (Bombay) and bourbon (plain old Woodford) have been good friends. My original design for the gin was dry martinis but no vermouth was to be had. This particular location however has citrus trees in abundance and Canada Dry tonic water at the class 6. Voila! Gin and tonics with locally fresh sourced limes. Very happy times!

20200922_154158.jpg

While in the massively long line to pick up my child from school that she attends a whopping 2 days a week..

Picked these 3 bottles up today..I already have Stagg Jr and its a favorite of mine but will be cracking the EC Barrel Proof and Toasted Barrel shortly to try them out.

We do have a Coatco here, actually. Inwill have to check out their selection next time I feel like fussing with the crowd 😄

If you like a good Cali red Zin, next time you’re in Costco pick up some Saldo. Plain bottle with a little red label that looks like a Dymo label. Great wine at a mid $20’s price. Made by same guys who make The Prisoner.

Yes, is their best offering really, consistently good. Single barrels are variable (range from OK to great) and only one of the 10 mashbills they use.

I'll disagree. Nothing comes close to 4R Small Batch Select out of the 4R offerings imho....not a fan of small batch or Single Barrel...but Small Batch Select is delicious

And if you.have a chance, grab this EC Toasted Barrel....its amazing. I'm NOT a regular EC fan, too sweet but this Toasted Barrel is delicious.

Reactions: TCKev
I'll disagree. Nothing comes close to 4R Small Batch Select out of the 4R offerings imho....not a fan of small batch or Single Barrel...but Small Batch Select is delicious
Limited release though. I've seen it on the shelves one time in 16 years out here, same with their handful of age stated releases.

Limited release though. I've seen it on the shelves one time in 16 years out here, same with their handful of age stated releases.

Maybe in your neck of the woods, but its on the shelf here in my area weekly.. I just bought another bottle 2 weeks ago....

Reactions: TCKev
You are fortunate. Hopefully they will expand the availablity to other states again. Oddly enough even the yellow label is scarce here; small batch, single barrel and the odd Private Selection Barrel Strength that may pop up every few years are all we see.

I grabbed 4 different batches of these Makers Cask strength. Again, I am NOT a Makers fan, too sweet but a buddy told me to try these Cask Strengths. Out of the park. I only opened this one but it is amazing. Hoping the other 3 are just as good. Buy them if you find them, they are that good!!

Weller special reserve. found three bottles here in San Antonio, can get it at home in KY (where it's made).

Picked this up from Costco. Seemed fitting for the spooky season coming up. Not half bad! Enjoying while I make a pot of chili.

pixlr_20201003201811534.jpg

Reactions: 1J04 and STex