• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

BadDogPSD......I'm wit cha!

IMG_3635.jpg

Breckenridge PX cask whiskey. Cant taste it thanks to the Rona, but what the hell.

20201111_235117.jpg

Not right now because I have to pick my kids up from daycare in a little bit but, it’s going to be a good weekend
08138A02-9A28-492C-B786-EA70EA9D1611.jpeg

Mmmmm I love barrel aged stout season
image.jpg

It should be common all over by now but have you had Weihenstephaner heffe weissbier? That’s one of my favorites
Weihenstephaner Master Race, that is an excellent Weiss. A co-worker of mine back in my brewing days studied at the Technical institute affiliated with Weihenstephaner. Few Americans get into that program, if only by virtue of it requiring technical fluency in German.

Reactions: The D
Weihenstephaner Master Race, that is an excellent Weiss. A co-worker of mine back in my brewing days studied at the Technical institute affiliated with Weihenstephaner. Few Americans get into that program, if only by virtue of it requiring technical fluency in German.
Awesome

Stepped up a bit from the Busch latte tonight.
Some food ol Bulleit bourbon tonight.
Down to my last half gallon. Time to make a booze run.
A3DA4D63-42EC-4F78-99B1-E11F1013D74F.jpeg

Reactions: Plinker 73
Makers - bang for the buck is THE highest IMHO
A dram of that, a decent Maduro Corona or Robusto or maybe some pretend-965 in a good Meer, boots up on the railDECENT mADURO OR SOME 965-PRETENDER IN A GOOD mER,M
I’m in SWPA and all the distributors around my area carry it
Don't drink much beer but I remember it was a nice one. I also liked Kokanee; I think that's a BC brew but we drank a pile of it while fishing up there

Whistle Pig Piggyback followed by Old Foresters 1920 neat.

These Makers Cask Strength are some of the best on the shelf wheated bourbons out there today IMHO. I'm going to be sad when I kill this 2017-02 but I have 4 or 5 other batches in reserves ready to open. So damn good. The flavors are amazing. I did a blind taste for a buddy with this bottle, Old Fitzgerald, EH Single Barrel, and Stagg Jr. He picked this Makers over them all hands down. 110.7 proof drinks like 80 proof full of flavor. If you see it on the shelf buy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTex
These Makers Cask Strength are some of the best on the shelf wheated bourbons out there today IMHO. I'm going to be sad when I kill this 2017-02 but I have 4 or 5 other batches in reserves ready to open. So damn good. The flavors are amazing. I did a blind taste for a buddy with this bottle, Old Fitzgerald, EH Single Barrel, and Stagg Jr. He picked this Makers over them all hands down. 110.7 proof drinks like 80 proof full of flavor. If you see it on the shelf buy it.

One of my stand bys.

Reactions: padom
Friend and coworker of mine suggested a scotch years ago, Bill passed suddenly in 2018. Bill turned me on to better bourbons and finer single malts. He was a fine mentor and friend.

Was finally able to find Isle of Jura on the shelf locally. AL has a state run monopoly on liquor 🤨 that often limits our selection.

Anyhow, here’s to departed friends.

Had some Old Tub earlier today. Now just a glass of Cab with dinner.
Then I stumbled on this thread and it made me thirsty for something else.

Not sure what I want yet. Far too many choices here.

You know, I can't stand Makers 90 proof. But I do enjoy the cask strength. I currently have the 101 proof and it's great neat.

I was turned on to Brandy Manhattans at deer camp last week. This is the first one I've ordered at a bar and it's a hell of a lot better.

I guess you're not supposed to cover the flavor of the brandy with grenadine...

16055790936244391608607689742381.jpg

Brewdog lockdown lager (fucking great!) alternating buffalo trace, zacapa xo, and black cow vodka chasers. Gettin it did.

Old Forrester in a Sidecar and a second round in a classic Old Fashion. My grandfather’s bourbon of choice, though Roy always mixed his with 7Up. I’m the age now that Roy was when I was born. This particular bottle was apparently his last one, mom found it in his closet cleaning up the house a few weeks back. Roy departed in 2015, Margaret traveled home to Roy in January. Cheers folks...have a fantastic evening.

Friday nights I always have a very large bow of angel hair pasta (about 1/2 pound) & a cold bottle of Stella. Desert is half of the pint of ice cream. Because I am on a diet I cut out the large baguette and butter.

‘’Maxwell

Calling this week over with a pour of Smoke Wagon Uncut/Unfiltered Barrel Proof

How do you like it? Picked up a couple last week, but the Rona still has my taste all fucked up.

Made a batch of eggnog with Old Forrester 1920 this morning. Put it in the fridge to sit until Christmas.

Reactions: The D and padom