• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Hot apple cider, a double.

Just something different.

Many weekends at the boy scout ranches was my treet at the end of the day. Never slipped anything in it those days.

You could never guess what the hell 40 kids would do next to require my sobriety.

One day they hoisted a truck 20 foot off the ground with its winch. While they were in it.
My dad was asst scoutmaster in Erie, PA.

Paul Krause was the scoutmaster.

My dad was a dogman (before there was a K9 Corps) in the Pacific and Paul was artillery in Europe, that was nothing compared to the shitshow of coping with us little animals in the wild.

They are both sadly gone , but never forgotten.

Paul made the mistake of leaving the frozen hinterland to "get away from the snow" and visiting me in AZ.

Naturally we took him 4wheeling in my wife's 4runner.

We started out in the desert and went hiking to one of the local waterfalls and a bunch of other cool stuff. Eventually we made our way further and further up into the mountains.....

When we were coming down the back side of Mt. Lemmon my extrordinarily honed driving skills put us into....

a snow filled ditch...

Paul was a big guy, 6'6" and burly, even then in his 70's.

...while he was pushing my wife's 4runner in the ditch I told him, "You know this is actually all your fault."

boy_scouts_anniversary.jpg

Reactions: Snuby642
So along with a couple of things the wife likes I snuck in a E. C.

But a cool find for 30$ was the Bullet box for a generic Christmas gift.

20211117_191648.jpg

Picked up my first ever Very Old Barton(s) in 86 and 100 proof. Before you laugh, I've never seen it in my state. About the only Barton made product available here was 1792 Ridgemont Reserve. Can taste the resemblance between them. Is enjoyable if a little mild.

I'm guessing the normal version was a bit older when it made its mark as the best selling bourbon in Kentucky.

Picked up my first ever Very Old Barton(s) in 86 and 100 proof. Before you laugh, I've never seen it in my state. About the only Barton made product available here was 1792 Ridgemont Reserve. Can taste the resemblance between them. Is enjoyable if a little mild.

I'm guessing the normal version was a bit older when it made its mark as the best selling bourbon in Kentucky.
It’s good for the money. It would be my go to mixing bourbon if it was more readily available. Comes in waves in VA.

Reactions: 6.5SH
I enjoy it as well. Picked up 2 handles of AAA 10 star 2 weeks ago. Oh that caramel flavor. I love it and very close to Blantons...same #2 mashbill and also from BT

Reactions: 6.5SH
I enjoy it as well. Picked up 2 handles of AAA 10 star 2 weeks ago. Oh that caramel flavor. I love it and very close to Blantons...same #2 mashbill and also from BT

Nice! Not seen an Ancient Ancient on the shelf here in ~14 years.

That AAA and JW Dant are my other go to mixers. Wish they came around more or maybe I drank less 🤣

OGD 100, Knob Creek and Rittenhouse Rye are my choices for a mixed drink or cocktail.
Not really a fan of Jim Beam products or KC neat, but it makes for a good Old Fashioned.

Although oddly enough Jim Beam Bottled in Bond is OK as a sipper, tastes like Luden's cherry cough drops to me. Isn't something I get from the rest of their products though.

The little lady picked this up tonight. Pretty good, not a lot of rye but not a strong finish either. Don’t hate but bourbon made in Las Vegas.

Attachments

• AD0FB025-EDEF-454C-B555-095A8D33EE7D.jpeg
    AD0FB025-EDEF-454C-B555-095A8D33EE7D.jpeg
    512.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: earthtrekker1775
How’s the Caymus? I’ve heard good things
Delicious. It’s my go to cab. Unfortunately, everything else kinda gets compared to it in my brain. Hard to find comparable cabs for cheap though. Closest I’ve found is “2018 The Critic”. Other vintages may be good but haven’t tried them. $18/btl. Crazy. I mean, it’s not a ZCO but it’s a DMR3 if that makes sense. It’s all a matter of taste anyway.
Caymus Special Select is even better 🤦‍♂️
27FCCE7A-3184-405B-9768-83F72D2EA36C.jpeg

Tell me about the Ghost Block. Oakville cabs are usually damn good….
Damn good and tastes very full and dense like Caymus. I’m not an expert and it’s easiest to just reference something similar. I believe I paid maybe $10-$20 less than Caymus locally. Much better than Whitehall Lane, which was less spectacular than I remembered years ago. Still nice for $40 just not near Caymus..my litmus

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
Anybody tried Devil's River coffee whiskey? I grabbed one of the little sample bottles they sell at Specs here in Texas and it was surprisingly not bad.

I tasted some of that coffee whiskey recently.

Not impressive for me.

Was at my buddies house setting up more ham radio gear.

Had a very dark stout and didn't like it, we drank a cigar whiskey it was ok but not worth it's price.

I was a bout 80 degrees in the ham shack and we had deer snack sausages and cheese.

Then he pulled out one of these that I liked before. Kind of like a red beer. Tropical, spicey but refreshing.

Crazy but I like it.

Estrella Jalisco Tropical Chamoy Michelada Beer​

Forgot to take a picture so .

Last edited:
Reactions: Threadcutter308
Just got back from some unhappy appliance shopping.
Luckily liquor store was next to appliances. Lol

A maybe "gift" box of whiskey and another can of the stupid beer.

20211206_143947.jpg