• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Felt like an old fashioned tonight.
Nice large cube of ice
2oz Bulleit bourban
1oz homemade brown sugar simple syrup.
Four dashes of Regan's orange bitters
And a twist of orange rind expressed over the top. Stir for 20 seconds or so and enjoy😊

IMG_20220105_215142097.jpg

Reactions: db2000
Where did you get your Glencairn style glass? It's shorter (or maybe it's the angle of the camera) than my "official" Glencairn glasses. Thinking less prone to tipping over whilst enjoying by the TV/Fire/etc.
It’s…wait for it. Schott 🤣
It’s normal sized.
My favorite actual Glencairn I got in Ireland at a really cool whisky bar and was logo’d. Cracked in the luggage on the way home. Still usable but don’t want to drink glass by accident. I’d rather have dropped a Schmidt honestly. At least that’s replaceable. I like the smaller Willet for bourbon tasting. The distillery sells them on EBay of all places.
804065A2-CEA1-4A19-A03C-6D21BD3EB083.jpeg

2E0F4FAE-BCA6-45BF-8F5C-3C1D79FF2D60.jpeg

52309F58-7DB6-4A1D-9193-C03638290689.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: BytorJr
I went to these and haven't looked back:

1872365.jpg

Libbey 15248 Gibraltar 4.5 oz. rocks glass

Made in the USA, have some heft to them, aren't delicate and can eyeball a 1 Oz pour at the top of the scallops and it doesn't look tiny.
I end up way over pouring in a glencairn unless using a measure.
No excess head tilting to drink and no pain in the ass trying to rinse and dry one when switching to a different pour.

Sadly in small quantities will pay about $9 for them now, yet can get a case of 36 from a restaurant supply store for under $2 each...

As to the flute and nosing, stop doing that:

Reactions: NoDopes and db2000
I went to these and haven't looked back:

1872365.jpg

Libbey 15248 Gibraltar 4.5 oz. rocks glass

Made in the USA, have some heft to them, aren't delicate and can eyeball a 1 Oz pour at the top of the scallops and it doesn't look tiny.
I end up way over pouring in a glencairn unless using a measure.
No excess head tilting to drink and no pain in the ass trying to rinse and dry one when switching to a different pour.

Sadly in small quantities will pay about $9 for them now, yet can get a case of 36 from a restaurant supply store for under $2 each...

As to the flute and nosing, stop doing that:

But can you see your whiskey as clearly as Schott glass 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6.5SH
It’s…wait for it. Schott 🤣
It’s normal sized.
My favorite actual Glencairn I got in Ireland at a really cool whisky bar and was logo’d. Cracked in the luggage on the way home. Still usable but don’t want to drink glass by accident. I’d rather have dropped a Schmidt honestly. At least that’s replaceable. I like the smaller Willet for bourbon tasting. The distillery sells them on EBay of all places.
View attachment 7778326
View attachment 7778327
I got mine here:

The Schott by photo looks wider which may allow more alcohol to collect at the rim of the glass.

• Love
I think it may taste better than Glencairn. Weird.
I’ve read of these scope lickers recently. Maybe they’re on to something. Maybe they’re licking alpha glass. 🤩

• Haha
Reactions: BytorJr
I think it may taste better than Glencairn. Weird.
I’ve read of these scope lickers recently. Maybe they’re on to something. Maybe they’re licking alpha glass. 🤩
It's the coatings, provides minerals we are missing in our diets.

• Haha
Oregon eh? The original BMH and Rowan Creek was some good stuff (NDP but they chose well and from the era it was 12-15 years old). Only Oregon stuff I've had was Rogue and was frankly crap (under aged and hops which don't belong in whiskey)
Rowan Creek is good.

I think my Yellow Spot is better. Blind tasting, my buddy did too. Personal preference I guess. 🍻
F60B7983-C607-45FC-B405-D9040D299563.jpeg

I just gave the St. George California Reserve Apple Brandy a try. It is very good, with a nice hint of apple on the back end, but not too overpowering.

This stuff right here.....too lazy to find my phone so I ganked a interwebz image.
BTW, original meaning of OFTD is 'oh fuck that's delicious'....true story.
plantation-oftd-rum.jpg

A few drops of Bowmore 18 add some peat to these other characters. Been interesting.
CE737990-6E20-48CD-88EC-0F29CCA5D2BD.jpeg

Reactions: padom
First day in the office in a month. By 4pm a drink was much needed....or 3... cheers🥃🥃

I havent had an opened SiB Blantons since early fall...only Gold and the STFB samples @db2000 sent me. decided to pull one out of the bunker today.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Glidewell
If you've had the discontinued Hibiki 12, how would you say this whisky compares? I find the regular Harmony to be nice, but just not at the same level of quality as the 12 year old, and these days it's overpriced for what it is. Hoping this Master's Select might bridge that gap.
I’ve not had the 12. This is a Japanese release that’s pretty good. Paid $60 some time ago. It’s worth that. Good but not blown away.

Reactions: rhsc
Anyone do Solera bottles?
Take the last pour from a bottle and add to a bottle of other last pours from that style or type of spirit. Ideally use bottles with screw-caps or plastic corks.

I have them for Rye, Bourbon, peated and un-peated Scotch. I don't think mixing those last two is wise, it is all peated then.
Don't get hung up trying to note what all it was or the proportions, you would be making a blend rather than experience something that lives and changes as you add to it.

Had two fingers of this the evening of the 30th. 1943 bottle, very smooth. I enjoyed it.

The guy who shared it with us rescued it from a chucklehead that dumped half a bottle in with fucking coke and ice as they were going through a loved ones estate. WTF. A $500 bottle for a mixer…

View attachment 7774932
Any special reason to hit that fine bottle?

Any special reason to hit that fine bottle?

My daughters neighbor and her husband are transferring back to Germany. We all had dinner and he brought what he had left to share. Super nice people. They’ll be missed in the neighborhood.

I’ve been working on Glocks today, so I’m just drinking Cheerwine. Its a soda pop only sold in the Carolinas. Sort of like Dr Pepper.
They sell it at Kroger’s in glass bottles in Texas.

Still hard to beat it from a fountain at Bojangles or cookout though lol

Fortaleza is some good stuff across all three ages, too bad it is so darn spendy. Is the traditionally made version from Sauza.
These are limited to 11k bottles. Numbered on the back. I did see Sauza’s name in small print somewhere on the label. I’ve been drinking more “no additives” tequilas lately. I think is one of them. Out of curiosity mainly. While you don’t get the huge vanilla, caramel, cinnamon flavors like 1942, they’re still there just more subtle. El Tesoro Anejo is a really good one also. 🍻