• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

🤣
Fucking weird. Mayflower DC. 2 bedroom suite $800/ nt. You think there’d been glass in the room 🤷‍♂️
Anyway, drinks the same I guess.
$200 cash at the Middle Eastern package store. Seemed like decent deal. Never had it. I’m apparently sitting on a gold mine if I ever sell all the Macallan Ed 1-6 I have 😳

Yeah, that's disappointing the Mayflower couldn't provide a decent glass. Since the covid panic took hold, I've noticed the quality of goods and services has really gone downhill in a lot of ways. I'm betting that $200 you paid for the Springbank was a pretty good deal for DC. That's about what I paid at Spec's Liquor in Houston a couple of years ago.

Yeah, that's disappointing the Mayflower couldn't provide a decent glass. Since the covid panic took hold, I've noticed the quality of goods and services has really gone downhill in a lot of ways. I'm betting that $200 you paid for the Springbank was a pretty good deal for DC. That's about what I paid at Spec's Liquor in Houston a couple of years ago.
They would’ve provided it if I asked I’m sure but should’ve have had glass in the rooms to begin with imo. Everything is blamed on Covid and bs but whatever. 🍻

Rebreast 27 😳 shiiiiiiiiiiit
D762E526-44F3-4DA8-B046-F23FAB6D1FD3.jpeg

Reactions: Grey Kiwi
How’d you like it neat?

Maybe I’ve been spoiled by the various Buffalo Trace offerings I’ve become partial to over the past few years, but I found it a bit hot. Almost like drinking rye. Not a bad thing mind you, just not what I expected.

Great in an Old Fashioned though.
It is hot. I add a couple ice cubes after sipping neat initially. It’s also a little corn forward, I guess from lack of real age. I agree with the spice. I haven’t seen the mash bill but may be from some rye

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I bought some Hudson Whiskey "this is your favorite whiskey" 2 weeks ago.

Made an old fashioned with it tonight...

NO...

Its got a weird after taste. I just read the tasting notes and it says "peanut brittle"... That might be it... taste like the peanut shells from the floor of Texas Road House. But really I thought I was tasting like mold or mildew ish notes at first drink... yack...

Ill have my neighbor taste it neat and see what he comes up with. He's got a nose and pallet to pick stuff out of it.

Dont waste your money though, I think it was $50.

NOW the 4 Roses single barrel...that shit is delicious in an old fashioned.

I also have some Broken Fence to try out, but probably tomorrow. I have to limit myself to 2 drinks otherwise I cant put out... and my wife doesnt like it when I dont put out.

Springbank 18 and it tastes like fucking cough syrup. Thanks Covid. Fuck you China.

What do you cigar smokers recommend to pair with an American Whiskey? Thinking of something like torano reserva decadencia? Supposed to be mellow and aged in cocoa barrels? I like a good cigar, but rarely buy my own, so I don't know what to look for.lol

Something different

16466111420455436236782836022835.jpg

Prepping radios for the storm.

20220306_180513.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTex
had the chance to switch and did from plain water to sun brewed Iced Tea well at least it has taste unlike water .wanna try different tea mixtures this year just t o mix it up a bit lol well beyond adding lemon zest to ice cubes to add lemon flavoring .

Not drinking these, but saw these today.

Attachments

• 20220402_101719.jpg
    20220402_101719.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220402_101710.jpg
    20220402_101710.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220402_101703.jpg
    20220402_101703.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 46
Had a little re-visit with this nice whisky today. Sherry bomb, love it. This is a $60 bottle in my area, that's about what it's worth.

Attachments

• 20220424_143819.jpg
    20220424_143819.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 31
How was it? I would think that it was very good. Please describe.
Very rich and complex. Sweet in a good way. Long finish. Minimal peat, more so at the end. Almost too easy to drink neat. Definitely worth $200 which is what I paid at duty free. Should’ve bought 2.
I looked around and down the rabbit hole. Apparently there’s a cask strength 60 year. 😳

Ah, the Scotch rabbit hole. I'm about 10 years in to the adventure and enjoying every minute. So far am into Highland/Speyside single malts with sherry finishing. Glendronach 12 yr. Original. Glendronach 18 yr Allardice. Glenmorangie LaSanta, Aberlour 16 etc.

Reactions: db2000
Ah, the Scotch rabbit hole. I'm about 10 years in to the adventure and enjoying every minute. So far am into Highland/Speyside single malts with sherry finishing. Glendronach 12 yr. Original. Glendronach 18 yr Allardice. Glenmorangie LaSanta, Aberlour 16 etc.
The Allardice is fantastic.

Reactions: bkglock
Trying to do low carb diet.
Beer is high in carbs so today tried a seltzer, Michelob ultra seltzer wild berry.

Working on cutting foods so I can still drink. (Incentive)

Fuck I miss bread and taters.

Trying to do low carb diet.
Beer is high in carbs so today tried a seltzer, Michelob ultra seltzer wild berry.

Working on cutting foods so I can still drink. (Incentive)

Fuck I miss bread and taters.
It didn’t take long for me to not miss bread. It’s mostly an issue of inconvenience. Too many meals out are based on bread or pasta.

Taters….. yea, I miss those.

I have a few bottles of Glendronach 18 bottled in 2017, don’t want to open them since they’re pre mothball distillate and anything from the 1990’s is way out of my drinking budget.

About to have a pour of Rare Breed Rye.

I have a few bottles of Glendronach 18 bottled in 2017, don’t want to open them since they’re pre mothball distillate and anything from the 1990’s is way out of my drinking budget.

About to have a pour of Rare Breed Rye.
How was the rye?