• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are you stocking up on?

Because of the shortages of the canning lids I always walk the isle just in case. Today was a lucky day and I scored a couple boxes.
Anyway. I have noticed that the vac sealers are back in stock and so are the bags.

I'd suggest save the money and skip those "bucket survival food" type stuff.

What I would suggest instead is first making sure you have a solid month or three worth of what you normally buy and eat every day and constantly eat the oldest one on the shelf / in the fridge / freezer.

Then get some good freeze dried camping meals such as Mountain House that are actually stuff you would like to eat and would be good to eat and would be filling and satisfying. These are excellent for short term things where you need to eat food for a day or a couple days that you just have to add hot water to, or just add water to and cook over a flame.

Then go to somewhere like: Thrive Life - Shop
Or a similar place and stock up on specific long shelf life storage of the specific ingredients that you cook with and will work well with your diet.

In addition make sure you have plenty of cases of water stored up.

Yeah I already have a bunch of the stuff we use regularly and we rotate out but I want something other than cases of MRE's that I can just stick in the garage for a long time if it's ever needed.

Folks, if you're looking to stock up on anything, make sure you have the proper storage area in your home or where ever you're storing these things. Foods stored in garages seem to draw mice and rats. Uninsulated garages have their own issues. A wet basement could cause you long term storage issues too.

Proper planning for your stored items is just as important as having those items.

There's an old saying, It's not what you have but what you take care of.

I’m all for preparedness but why are people stocking up on food and seeds.

There isn’t a meteor coming it’s a liberal govt.

Unless you plan on there being a full on civil war where neighbors are shooting each other it’s a waste.

even during the actual civil war 150 years ago there was food.

do you really think Biden will nationalize crops and livestock like Stalin did in the Ukrainian

Ever heard of famine or crop failures as a result of government action, such as 14.5 million deaths as a result of Soviet Communist collectivization and the imposition of terror-famine between 1932 and 1933?

How about those who starved in Leningrad, Stalingrad (WW2), or the many other cities under siege in Croatia and Bosnia during the FRY war?

Or those in Africa who starve because of civil unrest, and disrupted supply lines?

People who are trapped, and starve during natural disasters?

Etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:

Those of us on life saving meds won't have the opportunity to do that. Not to mention the fact that I don't know what will happen if I can't be dialyzed at least 2 times a week.

I am investigating how to purchase additional meds without screwing up my Rx plan.

I've been worried about this since earlier this year. Changing insurance in July screwed up most of my plans.

I feel for you! There is other stuff people need. Aspirin antibiotics hydrogen peroxide. Alcohol. There is stuff specific to people's needs.

My brother in-law told his doctor that he was going to be traveling to visit family and he needed extra meds for his trip. Getting scripts filled while out of state is a PITA.
Those of us on life saving meds won't have the opportunity to do that. Not to mention the fact that I don't know what will happen if I can't be dialyzed at least 2 times a week.

I am investigating how to purchase additional meds without screwing up my Rx plan.

I've been worried about this since earlier this year. Changing insurance in July screwed up most of my plans.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Unintended Consequences, by John Ross (1996). You can't go wrong. It's a roadmap to what's happening now and how a small group addressed these issues. In hardback it's about 3 inches thick. I've read it 5 or 6 times throughout my life. I could get it out and start all over again.
I have it in PDF

Yeah yeah yeah ... at the beginning of Obama's term, many were saying the same thing. At the end of his term, a dollar was still worth a dollar, just like it will be at the end of Biden's term. I'm more worried about the "Zombie Apocalypse", than I am about the end of our country as the result of shifting political parties. Like my wise mom always said ... "This too, shall pass."
You are retarded, I lost $300k almost overnight with Obama.

Building two new bolt rifles and adding the majority of my cash into the market w/ reserves for RE. In 2020, the dollar lost 7% of its purchasing value with M2 increasing by 26%. The next four years are going to make Trump's deficit spending look bad. Heavily investing in high growth, technology stocks. Think ARK, TSLA, NIO, CRWD, FIVG, etc. When the FED reverses course later this year and LT rates go up, boom goes the RE market. Not expecting a crash (I believe Democrats will not allow foreclosures/evictions on a massive scale), just the valuations to drop as rates increase.

You are retarded, I lost $300k almost overnight with Obama.

Yeah Obama damn near bankrupted my company. Total disaster for about half the country. I'm hoping that somehow the ultra libs and the not completely nuts libs end up fighting and not ever getting any agenda done because if they do, it will really hurt me and my family. I know it's very likely they will at minimum hurt the economy some and God only knows the other insanity they will do. Hopefully the really crazy stuff doesn't get done, at least not soon.

Reactions: Ravenworks
I'd suggest save the money and skip those "bucket survival food" type stuff.

What I would suggest instead is first making sure you have a solid month or three worth of what you normally buy and eat every day and constantly eat the oldest one on the shelf / in the fridge / freezer.

Then get some good freeze dried camping meals such as Mountain House that are actually stuff you would like to eat and would be good to eat and would be filling and satisfying. These are excellent for short term things where you need to eat food for a day or a couple days that you just have to add hot water to, or just add water to and cook over a flame.

Then go to somewhere like: Thrive Life - Shop
Or a similar place and stock up on specific long shelf life storage of the specific ingredients that you cook with and will work well with your diet.

In addition make sure you have plenty of cases of water stored up.
For more bang for the buck though, skip the MT House stuff and simply add canned meats, soups, chili, veggies, beans along with dried pasta, rice, beans, etc. Soups like Progresso or Campbells Chunky that don't need water, so you can just heat and eat or even eat cold if need be. Heck you could stick them on your car dash in the sun to warm up a bit.

For anyone looking to seriously get into being prepared head over here....

Freeze dried food is gay. Nothing like using your potable drinking water supply to eat. I prefer stuff that doesn’t require water to be added to eat.

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
So yes. You are retarded
You posit an excellent argument ... but ...

1610382161633.png

Reactions: camocorvette
Freeze dried food is gay. Nothing like using your potable drinking water supply to eat. I prefer stuff that doesn’t require water to be added to eat.

You are a smart guy.
other than “on the move” times, surely you have water storage and purification sorted out. So why worry about it?
pound for pound and storage, FD works dandy.
Not having diversity in food stores will wreck a lot of folks in hard times.

I dont do FD much. And I see the benefits of it.

You are a smart guy.
other than “on the move” times, surely you have water storage and purification sorted out. So why worry about it?
pound for pound and storage, FD works dandy.
Not having diversity in food stores will wreck a lot of folks in hard times.

I dont do FD much. And I see the benefits of it.

Majority of my foodstuffs have their own liquid. I prefer to use my water for drinking, and for dirty ladies to bath before the big nasty. Priorities.

My hate of freeze dried goods comes from cold weather survival and having to boil fucking snow to eat. Gay.

Majority of my foodstuffs have their own liquid. I prefer to use my water for drinking, and for dirty ladies to bath before the big nasty. Priorities.

My hate of freeze dried goods comes from cold weather survival and having to boil fucking snow to eat. Gay.

I never had to “eat it for work”.
mostly dont, but do see the benefits.

Gay would be if you cant find a lady, so you washup your fox hole buddy.

Food technically cant be.... just razzing.
There is stuff I despise because of work too.
liberals mostly. Junkies for sure. Entitled teens the most.

I'm sorry. I'm being really negative today. My little cat, who has been my constant companion, just died in my lap today. She started convulsing about an hour ago, and finally passed about 10 minutes ago. It's a price we sign up to pay when we take a pet into our homes.

I think I'll have a drink, or five... To Coppertone...

Greg
Greg, I know I"m kind of late to this but I'm just now seeing this. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your Kitty. We get attached to them and it seems that they leave us way to soon.

Woah, almost had a catastrophe today with my big freezer. Seems like someone left a tote bag next to the door and when I closed the door it didn't close all the way because of the bag. I went out hours later (this freezer is in the garage) and the freezer was in alarm. Opened the door and there was frost over everything.

Checked it all and no thawed out food, but if I hadn't checked on it, there's no telling how much food would have spoiled. We just vacuumed packed about $1000 worth of beef a few weeks ago.

Just a word of advice, double check your freezer to make sure the door closes completely every time you use it.

Woah, almost had a catastrophe today with my big freezer. Seems like someone left a tote bag next to the door and when I closed the door it didn't close all the way because of the bag. I went out hours later (this freezer is in the garage) and the freezer was in alarm. Opened the door and there was frost over everything.

Checked it all and no thawed out food, but if I hadn't checked on it, there's no telling how much food would have spoiled. We just vacuumed packed about $1000 worth of beef a few weeks ago.

Just a word of advice, double check your freezer to make sure the door closes completely every time you use it.
I purchased an alarm that is on my wifi. An audible alarm sounds and a push notification goes to my cell phone. Freezer also stays locked, just to be sure it's shut. No way I'm losing half a beef. Look into the alarm, well worth the very small investment.

Reactions: deersniper
How about Good Humor ice cream! Lord knows we need all the good humor we can muster in these difficult times. Blessings to all of you my friends.

Reactions: Desert_Racer
I purchased an alarm that is on my wifi. An audible alarm sounds and a push notification goes to my cell phone. Freezer also stays locked, just to be sure it's shut. No way I'm losing half a beef. Look into the alarm, well worth the very small investment.
If you don't already have one, a back up generator is recommended as well.

Stocking up on medical knowledge. Anyone know where I can learn how to do spine surgery on the internet? Either that or I gotta figure out where my daughter's surgeon lives so I can kidnap him (kidding). The yearly surgeries she will require over the next 5 - 6 years keeps me up at night while planning for a world in ruin more so than where my next meal will come from.

Hang in there.
Stocking up on medical knowledge. Anyone know where I can learn how to do spine surgery on the internet? Either that or I gotta figure out where my daughter's surgeon lives so I can kidnap him (kidding). The yearly surgeries she will require over the next 5 - 6 years keeps me up at night while planning for a world in ruin more so than where my next meal will come from.

Anyone know where the best place and best type/brand of CR123 batts is? Gotta stock up to feed the NV toys I reckon.

Because of this:

I bought 1,000 of these:

Arrived today!
View attachment 7528802
View attachment 7528803

It costs real money to play here. 😋
That's a good idea. We have cases of long matches but a stock of lighters....yep ordering that.

Reactions: TheHorta
Because of this:

I bought 1,000 of these:

Arrived today!
View attachment 7528802
View attachment 7528803

Something I found with lighters is that the flints are simply compressed powder and after a few years they revert back to powder when you try to use them.

Because of this:

I bought 1,000 of these:

Arrived today!
View attachment 7528802
View attachment 7528803

Well if the end doesn't come I'm sure the hoe's will always be your friend

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta
Something I found with lighters is that the flints are simply compressed powder and after a few years they revert back to powder when you try to use them.
You also run into that same problem with those ferricum rods, they tend to fall to powder or such after a bit if they get moist.

Reactions: Steve_In_29
bugs are almost pure protein so unless you wanted to try the Mahatma Gandhi rout to try and change the minds of corrupt politicians dogs and cats are eatable and everything taste better deep fried bon appetite .

My latest stockpile item is .44 Remington Magnum ammunition, handloaded by myself. As of Wednesday the Powder arrived, the Dies yesterday, and the Brass and XTP's were the first purchase. Grandson's '94 Trapper Carbine's just gotta eat. Started with my Brother, who gave it it me, and now it's Pat's. Should have enough components for several reloading cycles.

Greg

Bought 600 unscented "tea light" candles a couple days ago. Each have a 6hr burn time.

Pretty cheap and easy to store as well.

Reactions: camocorvette
Gold and Silver are still grossly undervalued, and with even more printing press going BRT in conjunction with central bankers shorting paper on both for decades so they gobble up physical, its not hard to see where this is going.

Mags are still something you can get and it would be wise to stock on on anything you think you may want down the road.

Armor & Plates would be a wise choice as well as some good PPE for chem/industrial hazards.

A few different ways to purfiy water (filters, iodine, jetboil, ect).

NATO jerry cans and water cans before they ban them. Both the spectre plastic and steel.

All of the billionares are buying up massive swarms of farmland. The same faggots who want to push you into the city so you have to buy their shit are trying to control the food supply. Get out of the cities and learn to grow your own food. Get some Bees as well.

My latest stockpile item is .44 Remington Magnum ammunition, handloaded by myself. As of Wednesday the Powder arrived, the Dies yesterday, and the Brass and XTP's were the first purchase. Grandson's '94 Trapper Carbine's just gotta eat. Started with my Brother, who gave it it me, and now it's Pat's. Should have enough components for several reloading cycles.

Greg
Loaded for bear are ya????