• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

20200926_120710.jpg

Fooled with lee app till I got it working on a temporary mount .
First time setup a pita but now have passed the initial trama.

Decapped using a readjusted 223 die instead of universal that was too tall.

It was fast and my old hands got less wear on them, the short stroke took less shoulder movements.

I reload for my family and at times a fair ammount so any shortcuts or ergonomics helps my old hands.

Looking to next die setup, maybe 223 flsd with expander removed ?

The federal primers fit fc brass better I finnaly found out.

If I ever get though with the flash holes in this fc 308 brass will see if the sizing pin in my collet die less collet will bring my necks up .0005 or .001.

Been running .003 nt in fc brass and would like .002 . Sinclair mandrell still on back order.

Started pulling apart about 1400 .223 practice ammo I loaded for the daughter’s AR.
My first time w/ progressive press, messed up on the resize (too long).
I found out that it is possible to quickly turn out large amounts of unsafe ammo.
223_disassembly.png

Whipped up 25 rounds of .338LM for the weekend as I revisit the 300gr SMKs. As an aside I also learned that a discarded Lego ain't got shit on a spent primer when it gets away from you and find it later barefooted!

• Haha
Reactions: camocorvette
Another batch of 308 fussed over like it was going places.

And supprise my 308 collet pin and fls pin produce matching neck tension.
Was worth a try.

20200928_220107.jpg

Started pulling apart about 1400 .223 practice ammo I loaded for the daughter’s AR.
My first time w/ progressive press, messed up on the resize (too long).
I found out that it is possible to quickly turn out large amounts of unsafe ammo.
View attachment 7434731
Frankford Arsenal came out with a good bullet pulling tool recently. Ain’t no way I’d be doing all that with a hammer.

Sorted a couple thousand pieces of 223 brass and pulled out the frontier/LC brass.

loaded 60 rounds of my IMI razor core load clone. 77smk over 24.8 of AA2520. Would load more but these scarce times I don’t want to burn through my primers too quick.

Reactions: Snuby642
Neck turned, sized, tumbled and primed some Lapua 30-06. Also loaded a test set with 185 Berger Hybrids over H4350.

This past weekend I only had access to 100 yards on family land, so I shot a quick 10 round ladder with the 185s and H4350. 10 rounds measured 1.3 inches, even though the powder ranged from 53.9 to 57.5.

This weekend I'll pin point the node, then hit the long range steel at Triple C.

Attachments

• 20201005_213715.jpg
    20201005_213715.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: joemusso
Fireformed another 50 brass for a competition rifle. Next is to turn the necks, anneal them, size and load them back up with the match load. 215 rounds down my .224" barrel and the throat/rifling looks fine for now according to the bore scope. If I'm lucky I can baby this barrel burrner for 2000 rounds before a set-back or re-barrel.

^^^^^ Yeah, I've been told that before so it must be true, not much else to tell. I have been shopping for a M2HB for about a year now and stumbled onto the linker and links so I bought them to motivate me. I currently only have a single shot Armalite AR-50 that I have used in a couple of competitions but I continue to load up AP, API, APIT and Spotter/Tracers for fun.
lgbTKKD - Imgur.jpg

20200827_200227.jpg

All in good fun. I wish you good luck in your search for the Ma Deuce. 👍🏼

Out of 600 to 800 box of 223 range brass salvaged 172 pcs of fc for my current plinker load.

Pockets cleaned and reamed, sized and hit the tumbler a second time since deprimed.

Say what you want but this pretty sexy for 223 range brass.

20201012_190817.jpg
20201012_191201.jpg

I'm to sexy for my brass.

Made my deer rounds for this year. Federal Match brass, Remington LRPs, 130 gr Barnes TTSX, 46.2 gr. Accurate 2230, and Barnes-prescribed COAL. I have no idea if this load is the best possible, if it's a node, what it chronos at (although I'd figure at or just under 3,000 fps). All I know is it's close to the max charge suggested by Barnes for this powder and its sub-MOA at 100 and 200 yards out of my CZ 550 20" 308 rifle, which is more than sufficient for the off chance I see a deer in the 10 or so total days I actually hunt during rifle season in Georgia. Why not just use factory ammo if I'm not going to precision the hell out of it? Because I spent money on reloading stuff and dammit I'm going to use it... kinda.

A hundred rounds of 6.5x47L. Thirty eight grains of Varget inside Lapua cases with 139gr Lapua Scenars on top and BR4’s to light the fire.

Cleaned the reloading bench. Loaded all my brass this week, have just shy of 400 rounds of .308 boxed up and ready to go. Put two 250ct boxes of 10mm 180gr bullets on the bench I managed to score at bass pro yesterday. Now if I could just get some brass for it I’ll have more benchwork to accomplish.

Sorted a couple thousand pieces of 223 brass and pulled out the frontier/LC brass.

loaded 60 rounds of my IMI razor core load clone. 77smk over 24.8 of AA2520. Would load more but these scarce times I don’t want to burn through my primers too quick.
Forster makes a collet device for pulling bullets, 7/8x14, fits in a single stage press. If you replace the threaded rod with a longer one and grease the collet and the nut that compresses the collet, you can go pretty fast. I recently reloaded about 1,000 rounds of 308. I took it apart saving the primed cases, powder, and bullets. I polished, lubed, resized, and re-polished the cases and reloaded with a different powder charge. I needed to push back the shoulders and change the powder charge. Somewhat to my surprise, it shoots about the same as my other precision 308. I should probably use this when I shoot movers and improvised positions but if I need ammo for prone/bipod, it works.

Reactions: joemusso
Finished up 300 rounds of .223 for one of my bolt guns. Next up is 300 Win Mag. I have 125 of those to do before making a pile of 6.5 CM for the kids and I.
Chris

I'm gathering stuff to build a .338 Edge. I've got the action, reamer/gauge, 32" barrel, recoil lug, dies, brass, bullets, powder. I just need a trigger and time to spin up the barrel. In the meantime I cast 500 bullets for my pistols, and loaded up a 100 bullets.

I welded up a quick and dirty "Czech Hedgehog" bracket from some scrap steel angle, to screw together some 4x4 wood posts for practicing some of the horrible improvised shooting positions being thrust upon us at the local steel matches... It'll get a coat of paint before I install the wood.

Hedgehog.jpg

Finally figured out what was causing my AR to jam. Thought it was dirty but same thing. Finally after trying several different things I find my 1200 rounds of ammo is the problem. Tell my wife I figured the problem and she says "did you check the ammo". I should of asked her. It seems my Lee 223 die is now putting a shallow angle on the round and it won't fit. Could it be worn? About 5000 rounds through it without a problem and now instead of a 46" it is much shallower. Have to order a new die.

I was a good boy:)
Some 7 saum and almost a coffee can full of 9 mm View attachment 7458579

You've been a big driver behind me wanting a 7saum lol... It seems perfect for my next rifle...and honestly perfect for the larger caliber, ELR North American hunting, do-all rifle. 223AI, 6.5cm, and 7saum.... I'm not sure what area those 3 don't cover well. I'm in Ohio, so big boy ELR isn't really in my wheelhouse nor do I want it to be.

To stay with the thread topic....

Did a pressure test with Power Pro Varmint, RL7, and XBR 8208 with 50gr Barnes Varmint Grenades, Nosler 50/55gr Ballistic Tip Varmint, and Berger 52gr Varmint. Fireforming 200 pieces of 223 brass to 223AI in my Kelbly's.

Over many days and in front of the TV, 1k pieces of 223 tumbled, sized, tumbled, trimmed, chamfered, deburred, primer crimp removed, and now primed and ready to load. Fuck that was way more work than I was anticipating.

Woof. I’ve done almost 3k this year, and have another 1k to do... Giraud tri-way and reaming the crimps helps but it’s just a lot

Question about that 223 brass, cleaned up just fine after the first run through the wet tumbler, but after spraying with hornady one shot, sized, then wet tumbled again with pins, dawn, and citric acid the problem is that after that last tumble the brass is NOT clean. It’s definitely got a black residue on it. My finger are black af after working with the brass and you can wipe the brass and the shmoo smearing around. Wtf do I do to clean in? It will come off with a Towel just fine but I’m not going to individual clean the brass. Any ideas?

Woof. I’ve done almost 3k this year, and have another 1k to do... Giraud tri-way and reaming the crimps helps but it’s just a lot
Learned about the giraud today. Sounds like af but man that thing is pricey. I have the FA prep station with the trimmer built in, but after 200-300 rounds even my 26 yr old welder hands are not capable of doing any more and they seize Cock stiff

Wait a second...are those trimmers only $100?

Learned about the giraud today. Sounds like af but man that thing is pricey. I have the FA prep station with the trimmer built in, but after 200-300 rounds even my 26 yr old welder hands are not capable of doing any more and they seize Cock stiff

I dry tumble and have never had a problem. Never been a fan of wet tumbling. I tumble all dirty brass in cheap white rice from Costco for a couple hours. Then prep all brass and throw it back in the tumbler with half white rice and half corn media for polish, only need an hour or two.

No, not the Giraud motor trimmer. The Giraud Tri-way, it’s like $100. Chuck it in drill press or a cheap bench grinder. If you don’t like to use your hands due to pain or whatever, you can make a little collet Piece with rubber and pieces of metal

I dry tumble and have never had a problem. Never been a fan of wet tumbling. I tumble all dirty brass in cheap white rice from Costco for a couple hours. Then prep all brass and throw it back in the tumbler with half white rice and half corn media for polish, only need an hour or two.

No, not the Giraud motor trimmer. The Giraud Tri-way, it’s like $100. Chuck it in drill press or a cheap bench grinder. If you don’t like to use your hands due to pain or whatever, you can make a little collet Piece with rubber and pieces of metal

triway still does it all in one step right?

I may try dry tumbling after sizing, but i shoot that gas gun suppressed so the brass is nasty af, just about have to wet tumble for the first clean.

triway still does it all in one step right?

I may try dry tumbling after sizing, but i shoot that gas gun suppressed so the brass is nasty af, just about have to wet tumble for the first clean.

Yes sir, I think that’s the “tri-way” portion of the name, all 3 steps. I really like it for the money. Would love something like a Henderson Precision but too rich for my blood.

18” SPR-ish, suppressed it’s whole life. I’m not easy on it either. LC 18 brass, cleans up very well using the above method.
422CABCC-338D-4DA3-BB59-EE4A2BCF0C1B.jpeg

Yes sir, I think that’s the “tri-way” portion of the name, all 3 steps. I really like it for the money. Would love something like a Henderson Precision but too rich for my blood.

18” SPR-ish, suppressed it’s whole life. I’m not easy on it either. LC 18 brass, cleans up very well using the above method.
View attachment 7459621

what do you do to get the rice out? I dry tumble in rice for my bolt gun and just knock it out by hand, but seems like a giant PITA to get it all out of 300 pieces at a time

what do you do to get the rice out? I dry tumble in rice for my bolt gun and just knock it out by hand, but seems like a giant PITA to get it all out of 300 pieces at a time

Out of the cases? I grab my tumbler while running and turn it upside down into a 5g bucket. Wait 30sec, shake it around for another minute and it’s all out. After my brass prep, I tumble and occasionally there’s some shit in the flash hole, but that’s more rare these days. Now that I mainly put corn cob media with about 25% rice, it doesn’t happen as much. The longer you tumble the more the rice breaks up and gets in the tight spots.

Either way, station 1 on my 550 is a decapping die for that purpose.
Station 2: Mandrel (either again or as reassurance)
Station 3: Powder (manually, sometimes Dillon powder measure)
Station 4: Seat bullet

Inventoried my primer stash - need to find some more 215Ms.

Did some organizing and 'found' some more brass - specifically the batches dedicated to two specific rifles. Yay (y)

Replaced my home-brew cleaning station with a metal roll-around 46" 9 drawer chest/bench from HD. Double yay (y)(y)

Decided it finally be time to start making freedom seeds out the components i "stockpiled" after the 2008 election. Took a little work, but got 25 rounds ready to go to the range tomorrow for function testing. If the recipe works out like I expect, it'll be time to get down to business.

Last edited: