• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Who makes the side linkage? I'm looking at some for my co-ax rebuild. I think I'd prefer one that dont have a point jutting into the side clearance like some others.
D01D723B-9AB8-4EEA-94F6-E41CBCCF0488.jpeg

Ever tried Blue Dot? It is by far the most accurate powder I have tried for 10mm.
Just started loading for 10mm and aa#9 and 800-x was all I could get. I’ll keep blue dot in mind once the world gets its head out of its ass.

Reactions: Alabusa

I never joined FB - is there a website or other contact info for the manufacturer?
Thanks in Advance - those look pretty cool. Do you like them?

I never joined FB - is there a website or other contact info for the manufacturer?
Thanks in Advance - those look pretty cool. Do you like them?
Try this email, if he doesn’t respond I’ll reach out to him on Facebook. I really like them, and better than the other options. More open and you have more access. It is an excellent upgrade and only $65

[email protected]

Reactions: Herb Stoner
My CCI #35 primers showed up from midway so I drilled out the primer pockets on my 6gt brass. Admit it... the thought has crossed your mind.

Slim pickings today at my Ace in the hole. Not in the photo is a 25lb bag of #4 and #5 lead shot.
The Federal Turkey ammo is for the Son I.L.

Reactions: camocorvette
Ran my first batch loading with the 550. Brass was sized on my Mec than prepped. Dillons setup with an Armonov toolhead with 21st Mandrel, Dillon Powder Die, Redding Micro seater. Powder was thrown on a chargemaster. Ran 30 rounds and to they turned out very consistst at about +- .0005 CBTO. Hopefully I’ll get to empty them tomorrow and pin down this load data.

Overall I am pleased with the first run. Besides forgetting to close the drain on my chargemaster 🙄 went smooth. I took my time to go through them as not to Ed up. I’m used to running pistol stuff on Dillon so obviously workflow a little different. I also checked every round with comparator as it came off the press just to get some baselines. I think a few tweaks to the press and it’ll definitely be a step in the right direction.
DBCF406D-6364-46FF-8FDD-B5F4BF861D1D.jpeg

Ran my first batch loading with the 550. Brass was sized on my Mec than prepped. Dillons setup with an Armonov toolhead with 21st Mandrel, Dillon Powder Die, Redding Micro seater. Powder was thrown on a chargemaster. Ran 30 rounds and to they turned out very consistst at about +- .0005 CBTO. Hopefully I’ll get to empty them tomorrow and pin down this load data.

Overall I am pleased with the first run. Besides forgetting to close the drain on my chargemaster 🙄 went smooth. I took my time to go through them as not to Ed up. I’m used to running pistol stuff on Dillon so obviously workflow a little different. I also checked every round with comparator as it came off the press just to get some baselines. I think a few tweaks to the press and it’ll definitely be a step in the right direction. View attachment 7562531
The Chargemaster Drain. Glad I'm not alone.

Reactions: toxic
The Chargemaster Drain. Glad I'm not alone.
Yeah it was sad to see that varget going everywhere. Luckily caught it pretty quick.

Between that and spending like half hr looking for one damn primer that rolled away last week.

Working on chewing through some federal primed brass for 6.5cm. Loaded (2) 50rnd lots with H4350 and a 140 eldm. Have 2 more lots to do

Started getting things ready for a 22 match next weekend, but then it got canceled today so fuck it

Got a little time loaded up the last of this batch of brass.

Attachments

• BEB2D2C4-2C3D-4517-884F-998BBB331E4B.jpeg
    BEB2D2C4-2C3D-4517-884F-998BBB331E4B.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 47
Mounted the ATS Tuner on the V22.

Attachments

• 7B697019-C16F-4EC1-B314-66FBAA9F3048.jpeg
    7B697019-C16F-4EC1-B314-66FBAA9F3048.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 9BAA8E25-FA22-4385-8C0B-1ADD725C4B5C.jpeg
    9BAA8E25-FA22-4385-8C0B-1ADD725C4B5C.jpeg
    438.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 495522EF-4386-47C8-8414-1274FA17B076.jpeg
    495522EF-4386-47C8-8414-1274FA17B076.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 47
Loaded some 6.5 Creedmoor ammo to test my new box of Barnes 145 gr. Match Burner bullets.
When I finished loading I checked the rounds CBTO length consistency. All were within .001". Then I checked for bullet concentricity. All came in at .001" or less. Perfect! Quite proud of myself.

As I was cleaning up, I removed my Forster Ultra-Micrometer seating die from my Co-Ax press and went to put it in its hole in the 6.5 Creedmoor section of my die shelf. Then I discovered....my 6.5 Creedmoor seating die was already in it's hole! I quickly checked the tiny shallow engraving on the die's floating sleeve (the only spot on the die where there's any indication of what cartidge it's for). I had loaded my new 6.5 ammo with my .308 seating die! 😲

Can't argue with the results, though. Very consistent ammo - just loaded with the wrong die. I can only hope the proper seater works as well.

I promptly got out the label maker and labelled those two similar dies.

Built some 300-PRC ladder tests to (a) look for velocity nodes on bigger charges with my 220gr Berger Hybrids, and (b) figure out if lighter 200.20x Berger Hybrids could perform well in my 300-PRC since I've got "thousands" of them (for my 300-WM).

I've discovered that reloading is excellent "Quarantine Therapy".

IMG_4362.jpg

If you don’t mind me asking what’s the ruler for?

I sort bulk range brass that is swept up from relatively clean floors mostly.

Facing case mouths tward yourself helps spot 22lr stuck in there and case diameter.

You pull the yardstick towards you and that lines the length up.
That makes for easier identification.

The line of sorted cases can then be shoved along the ruler into a container.

This hepls get out any grit, staples and easy to spot crushed necks.

The 3 lb tubs are 9mm.

20210228_183245.jpg

Did brass prep yesterday. Had 300 blackout I needed to get processed. Prepped some Peterson 308 brass for new load for my FN. I have a couple thounds 223 I need to finish tumbling today, then start processing it.

Did brass prep yesterday. Had 300 blackout I needed to get processed. Prepped some Peterson 308 brass for new load for my FN. I have a couple thounds 223 I need to finish tumbling today, then start processing it.
Regarding "tumbling" ... I've totally thrown out the whole "steel media" thing, and tumble after decapping with my Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler, using only hot water and FA's Instaclean Brass Cleaning Packets. Then I tumble once more after sizing to remove lube and give everything one more cleaning. VERY happy with the result. Super clean cases ... even primer pockets get clean ... and no need to wrestle with those stupid steel pins getting caught everywhere.

So easy ... just drop in a packet and tumble for an hour, and then maybe 90 minutes in the brass dryer (also from FA). It only took me a couple of times using steel media to know that was NOT for me.

Anybody want to buy 10 lbs of tiny steel pins?

IMG_4366.jpg

I’m still using walnut or corncob, can’t remember which one. But all this talk about brass juice and wet tumbling has me intrigued.
Super easy ... throw dirty brass into the wet tumbler with cleaning packet and hot water ... tumble for an hour or two ... drain ... rinse ... dry ... DONE.

The whole "corn-cob mess" and/or "steel media nightmare" is so "2010's". LOL

The corn cob is a damn mess. Lucky I do it in my shop but still makes a damn mess.
The wet tumble and dryer seem to be the way to go. Guess it’s time to step up to present day 😂

Reactions: Ranger007
I go back on forth if I want to try wet tumbling but I keep telling myself I don’t want the extra hassle of having to dry them. I like to be able to tumble and get right to work.

I'm a dry tumble guy.

Pet bedding wallnut media.
Small enough to pass through flash holes. It is dusty when you get it.

A mix of mineral spirits and car wax squirted into the media and ran for 5 minutes, no more dust.

The brass comes out clean, dry and serviceable with a super thin protective wax coating.

The media just poors out unless you used too much mineral spirits and need to run it longer to get it to flash off.

Pistol brass just gets the one run and rifle gets done after sizing / working for the second run just prior to loading.

I don't get where the mess is I just worked 500 + in my house with another 500 + still tumbling.

20210301_183628.jpg

PS. I threw out corn cob media first time I used it.

That is strong enough to hold engine blocks.

Should last you.

Planning on being there a while I see. Good for you !!! (y) (y) (y)
Well until my wife gives me the ok to get outa this state... So yeah gonna be here a while.
That is strong enough to hold engine blocks.

Should last you.
I hope so, I’m pleased with how it’s coming out. It’s got some weight I probably don’t even need to screw to the wall but gonna just in case. Next up is the top and some shelving. Always something.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Used up the last bit of RL17. Usually load on a 650 with a Hornady powder measure, but for the last 1/8 (or less) of a pound the powder measure is too inconsistent. Used the 650 more like a single stage press. 3 or 4 kernels for each 0.1 in charge weight

368E7646-522E-4F12-ABBC-CC1AC1B0BEC2.jpeg