• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

I just got my 9mm dies and conversion kit , for my xl750 . I am done setting them up ,just need to adjust the powder dispenser. If that is what it is called .

Bought an air conditioner for the loading room, the rest of the house is unconditioned however I did not want my precious AMP to get too hot, and it will help maintain humidity to keep the powder consistent (at least this is what I am telling myself to rationalize it.) Also designed a caddy for AMP pilots, holders and shell holders. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4903491 and a caddy to hold Giraud collets and tool heads https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4913788/files
They are basic but honest designs, I am new to creating stuff for 3D printers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuby642
That was a good buy ,I have the charge master 1500 , which I bought here at the hide.
I pondered the 1500. Midsouth had a sale on them for $369.00. Based on several reviews I didn't see enough difference between the two to justify the extra $$ so i bought the lite. They both seem to be pretty reliable.

I just got my 9mm dies and conversion kit , for my xl750 . I am done setting them up ,just need to adjust the powder dispenser. If that is what it is called .
Let the loading begin lol. What are you running for powder? I have been using HS-6 lately with 115Grn Berry's with good results.

Dont forget changing the charge bar to the smaller one .

It will save a mess.
My brothers cousins neighbor did that. Lol

Finished tumbling a bunch of 9mm pick-up brass. It had some strays in there - the .45 300BLK and 5.56 was easy to spot and pick out. After tumbling I realized there was quite a bit of .380 mixed in.

Any tricks to sorting this other than picking though cases one by one?

I can't find a picture of my range brass sorting setup, it's in the hide somewhere.

Anyway an old card table, 3ft wooden ruler a bunch of butter tubs and some tape.

I put large lables on the 3lb tubs and shove them towards the back of the table. A small pile of brass is dumped on the front of the table.

The ruler is put in front of the butter tubs. You tap case mouth down on table and shove brass case heads to the ruler then draw the ruler closer too you.

All the lengths get laid next to each other and since the case mouths are facing you you can see diameter and clogged brass. It gives you a first look for culls.

The lines of separated brass can be rolled off the table into tubs.

Paper towels and a small trash bucket help.
20200120_162407.jpg

Found it.

Last edited:
luckily i also use for my 6 gt and it also uses small primer ,and been set up for small
Inside my dillons powder dispenser there is the bar that slides back and forth.

One is for small loads (pistol) and one for large (rifle) and a spacer that has to be added or removed.

I'm guessing it is similar on the 750?

I can't find a picture of my range brass sorting setup, it's in the hide somewhere.

Anyway an old card table, 3ft wooden ruler a bunch of butter tubs and some tape.

I put large lables on the 3lb tubs and shove them towards the back of the table. A small pile of brass is dumped on the front of the table.

The ruler is put in front of the butter tubs. You tap case mouth down on table and shove brass case heads to the ruler then draw the ruler closer too you.

All the lengths get laid next to each other and since the case mouths are facing you you can see diameter and clogged brass. It gives you a first look for culls.

The lines of separated brass can be rolled off the table into tubs.

Paper towels and a small trash bucket help.
Thanks!

I'd love to see a pic if you can locate one. I ended up dropping the cases into a tray designed for 300 win mag so the mouths just protruded and it was easy to spot the 380 but I had to handle each case.

I was thinking that with the 750 this much handling could be avoided - just dump the tumbled cases (assuming they were all the correct cases) into the case feeder and go.

I wet tumbled these without stainless pins so not worried about clogs. After trying tumbling without SS media I don't think I'm going back to using it anytime soon.

Inside my dillons powder dispenser there is the bar that slides back and forth.

One is for small loads (pistol) and one for large (rifle) and a spacer that has to be added or removed.

I'm guessing it is similar on the 750?
If I am not mistaken all powder dispensers are the same. Someone IF I AM WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME. ON THE DILLION BRAND
ALSO WHICH DILLION DOYOU HAVE

If I am not mistaken all powder dispensers are the same. Someone IF I AM WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME. ON THE DILLION BRAND
ALSO WHICH DILLION DOYOU HAVE
Dillon makes a few different powder measures for their different machines. Some can be used on more than one model machine such as the one for the 550 / 650 / /750 which can be used on any of those 3 machines. Others are machine specific. The powder dispenser for the Dillon differs from some other manufacturers in that there is a volumetric slide bar that measures the powder charge that are available in various sizes, or ranges of powder weights. Depending on what you are loading you will need to change that bar as part of your set-up to the one that correlates to the weight of the desired powder charge. There are 4 different slides available for the 750 though it usually comes with a large and small bar that covers most cartridges. There is also an x-small and magnum version available if needed. Lots of good info on Dillon's website.

Reactions: Snuby642
Dillon makes a few different powder measures for their different machines. Some can be used on more than one model machine such as the one for the 550 / 650 / /750 which can be used on any of those 3 machines. Others are machine specific. The powder dispenser for the Dillon differs from some other manufacturers in that there is a volumetric slide bar that measures the powder charge that are available in various sizes, or ranges of powder weights. Depending on what you are loading you will need to change that bar as part of your set-up to the one that correlates to the weight of the desired powder charge. There are 4 different slides available for the 750 though it usually comes with a large and small bar that covers most cartridges. There is also an x-small and magnum version available if needed. Lots of good info on Dillon's website.
Wow that is really good information thanks a million

Thats a sweet looking setup there. Makes my Pro 1000 look pretty humble 😏. Happy loading!

I do not understand, is it a custom or one off? I ask because I am looking at a 750 for pistol loading.
Not at all custom but you can vary the set up with case feeders bullet feeding? Ect.

I usually only do 2-300 at a time so not a necessity less to babysit.

On 223 I only use it to prime drop powder and seat sometimes crimp.

I have an expanded brass prep routine before they hit the dillon.

Pistol is conventional with the dillon process.

Missed a local auction company’s online listing that closed tonight for a Polar Bair 600 shotshell press and a few other loading odds and ends. Basically, it’s the semi-progressive predecessor to the Hornady 366 full-progressive. I’m pretty pissed at myself. It sold for $39+auction fees, and from the photos it looked to be in working order, maybe in need of a cleaning and tune-up. Wouldn’t really have mattered even if it didn’t work at that price, since lots of parts for the 366 are a direct replacement fit. ☹️

So far today, scan and read various reloading forum threads, my usual morning start...

Where did you get that wheel? I have looked all over the place for one.
It's a collection of parts I put together. Not something you can buy as a kit. If you're interested I can post the parts list.

finished pressing bullets on the last of my 450 rounds trying to get myself to get ready to resize the last of one tub of kitty litter of brass so it's all ready to get loaded next then I have to size and trim and use the drill to clean another bucket of brass that will start my 3 time reloading that brass trying my darnedest not to mix them all up again .