• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Trimmed and primed 400 plus pcs of Hornady brass for my 6.5CM load in the LR308. I plan on loading essentially two cases of ammo for the gun using some 140gr Nosler CC I picked up from Shooters Pro Shop for $0.24 a pc. I developed a decent load using StaBall and some 1 x fired 6 Creed brass I picked up on the forum. Shot it yesterday at a match to confirm suitability and now I'm ready to load my little stash of mocked up "factory ammo". I purchased ammo cartons from Midway and spent the afternoon designing labels using the online Avery print studio. I'm calling this the "Tactical Match" load using OTM bullets with unimpressive BCs at super conservative speeds. I also have a more competitive load using the Norma 130gr Golden Targets. .571 BC going 2830. I'm going to call that my "Competition Match" load. I have 2000 of those that I paid $0.34 for. I figure I'm paying $12.60 a 20rd box and loading it on my 550. I can't really explain why I like having the ammo in mocked up "Factory" form but it's nice knowing I have 2 cases ready to go and I only paid $12.60 a box.

View attachment 7740750View attachment 7740751View attachment 7740753
What do you print your labels with? Is this for personal use or are you a manufacturer?

Put my ATv4 together and put a turkey on my bench to try to win a contest.
k4tHxfU.jpg

Reactions: BuLLet
Where??? I haven't seen these in months. I'm down to my last 100
FYI, Graf's has VLD's.

And now 500 Cases Primed! Hand primed at that. I feel each case head after seating to make sure they are good to go... Midway gave me exactly 500 in that case, I was hoping for an extra to burn for my AMP. Cheap bastards, even in the 90s!

20211124_221445.jpg

What did I do? Hmmm... I bought a house and was moving in so.... no reloading, but other shenanigans were involved when @TheGerman shows up to help move things.

edit: all you Bridgeport knee mill guys can eat a dick. Tree 2UVR for the win. View attachment 7747257View attachment 7747259View attachment 7747262View attachment 7747261
Tree... ha.... I have BP and wells Index as the oldies sitting around doing nothing!!
Your sights do not appear to be co witnessed you slacker

View attachment 7747511
Is the mirror so that @TheGerman can see himself as he helps you crank the handles from behind? Asking because he said it was!🤣

I'm not even kidding. I asked him the same question when I saw this wooden framed mirror in the garage.

He looked at me and was like, no, thats just out here for now. Then pointed at that mirror and told me thats what that one was for.

I'm not even kidding. I asked him the same question when I saw this wooden framed mirror in the garage.

He looked at me and was like, no, thats just out here for now. Then pointed at that mirror and told me thats what that one was for.
I said it was for staring at myself and my hair when I work out. 🤣😂🤣

Again.....not in the reloading room, but that is where the tools came from!

Have had a Ruger Mark II 22/45 for many years.....shot very little! Started doing a little shooting this past week, and discovered that several times per magazine......It failed to get a “trigger reset”! After some research, made an experimental adjustment/modification! Another success story for the Neanderthal Gunsmith! 😁 memtb

Wet tumbled and deprimed a couple hundred pieces of 357 Mag range brass. Getting ready to start loading maybe this weekend..

Reactions: camocorvette
Finished off 500 rounds of 308 Winchester... Plus some 🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

168 SMK, 41 grains of Reloder 15, WLR Primers, New Winchester Brass and COAL 2.800

No fancy boxes like @reubenski I can't afford those.. ;)

20211125_145403.jpg

20211125_201429.jpg

20211125_224039.jpg

20211125_233519.jpg

Last edited:
Ran another 100 rounds of 223 with 77 SMK over Varget and also loaded up a test with some 8208 before I pulled the 550 apart for cleaning and caliber swap. Time to start conserving the Varget for the bra. If only my barrel would show up :(

For those of you running dasher or br based cases what have you found best solution for ammo storage? I haven’t been able to find anything caliber specific.

As usual, managed to muck up stuff. Spent a good bit of time resetting my resizing/decapping die for the MPA. Finally got it right, only to find that it had an imperfection that was scratching the side of the brass. I did my best to polish it out. No joy, scratches cases, looks like it is going on a vacation to the Redding factory for some rehab). Needing to resize cases, I pulled the die used for the RPR (yes, the chambers are different enough that I use a separate sizing die for each rifle) Spent the time setting up that die and checking to see if the resulting cases would chamber after being sized.

Finally got them sized and cleaned to get the lube off. Lots of walnut shell kernals in the flash hole / primer pocket. Looks like I am going to spend some time running this brass through the decapping die and then cleaning out the primer pocket. Ah the joys of reloading.

the good news, out of 99 cases fired in this batch, not one neck / shoulder split was found. Simple annealing seems to help a lot.

Reactions: Billdoe708
Persistence is a Virtue when trying to buy powder these days. It slowly trickled in this past week but it is here.
Yes, the VV150 and the R17(painters tape) have been opened and some of it sent downrange. (y)

The Powder.jpg

increased uniformity of the bullets ballistic drag coefficient as well as the adjustability of the NOSERING® tools’ cutting depth which allow the user to control a bullets’ expansive qualities while using your rifles muzzle velocity.

Holy hell. I had been waiting a long time for Tubb to finally release this thing. Had no idea he was going to ask $675 for it. I was thinking about half that. Oh well. Guess I'll be waiting even longer.

Dude, talk to me about this machine and case feeder mod. I'm about two beers away from buying this thing. Already have a Dillon case feeder without a home
I had the same extra feeder problem... lol

It's a 3d printed part that you use a 1" dowel. The 3D printed part is easily found on ebay. Or you can find the print file online.

Takes a few seconds to hook up.

Been loading 200 rds of 9mm on the S1050 each day for the last few days.

Light work, maybe an hours worth of set up and take down.

Will I run out of brass first....

image.jpg

Space in my ammo can.....fuckers getting heavy....

image.jpg

And just under 1K of primers left maybe 1 more K of 124 FMJs, lots of HP38 still.

Big Bucket O' Bullets!

Been loading 200 rds of 9mm on the S1050 each day for the last few days.

Light work, maybe an hours worth of set up and take down.

Will I run out of brass first....

View attachment 7749076

Space in my ammo can.....fuckers getting heavy....

View attachment 7749075

And just under 1K of primers left maybe 1 more K of 124 FMJs, lots of HP38 still.

200 223. I used nickle cases because they are ss109 bullets. Thought it would make it easy to identify as they are my ony nickle cases in the event they get mixed.

Attachments

• 20211127_163622.jpg
    20211127_163622.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 46
I, too, am setting up a 44 Magnum project. Some of the loads will be with the 180 XTP and H-100. I reviewed the Hodgdon rifle data site after reading the above post, and 29.0gr is the published starting load. Their test barrel length is listed at 20".

But my loads will be for an 18" 94AE Trapper Carbine, and previous post on another site have suggested that long barrel loads for the 44 mag should use charges near the upper end of the published load range for reasons suggesting stuck bullets in the barrel. The published max is 31.5, and I intend to try 30.5 as a starting load.

Is there anyone reading this who would advise I hold off on that and start lower? If so, I'd like to understand their reasoning.

Later, there will also be a project employing H-110 and 300gr XTP's. Hodgdon published H-110 load data shows a range from 18gr to 19gr.

TIA,

Greg
i have loaded a pile of 44 magnums. i use the same loads in my pistols as in my rifles. no issues, EVER. i wouldn’t worry about trying to hotrod the bullets for fear of them not exiting the barrel. i think if anyone ever had any kind of issue with it, it would probably have been with the ruger deerfield auto loading. with a single shot, bolt, or lever, i wouldnt waste a second’s time worrying about that.
i’ve used the slower burning powders fully charged, and i’ve used lower charges of unique, 8.5 grains specifically with a 260 grain LBT cast.
hope that helps.

Reactions: DIBBS
would you mind giving some specifics on this load?
Dont have all the info in front of me. But they are 62 gn ss109 from everglades ammo. 24 gn of 4166. Cci srp. Seating depth and stuff have written down but not in front of me. Got the nickle cases from everglades as well ,mixed range brass. I sized and trimmed them. And swaged pita. Me and a buddy split a 500 ct. bag of bullets. He can shoot off his porch so he set up some steel targets and yes they went through.

Reactions: impactaddict
God, I love reloading!

7-B391-FC4-9-EF4-4-CA3-B085-7-B0-A3-CD3-F20-A.jpg

My current inventory……

.223 rem - 190 rounds
6.5CM - 270 rounds
6.5x47L - 220 rounds
.308win - 220 rounds
.38spl - 400 rounds
.357mag - 300 rounds
.44mag - 200 rounds
.45LC - 300 rounds
45-70 - 155 rounds
———————————-
Total - 2255 rounds ready to shoot.

The only caliber that’s missing is the .338LM. That rifle is waiting for a new barrel.

It does get cold and the nights long way up here above 53deg N Lat. But I’m now at the end of the line loading. I need to shoot some. But at -15c, those times shooting are not as common as in the summer.

Loaded up my first fire-form loads for the 6BRA. I only loaded 25 as to see what these are gonna do before I roll anymore.

Lapua 6BR Brass
IMR4064
CCI BR4
Hornady 105 BTHP

Loaded 50 rounds of 260 with cci #34 military primers to tinker with since I've got a few thousand of those laying around.

Technically on Friday. Loaded 97 6.5 Creedmoor digging into the last of my 130 grain SMK’s. Superformance, 44 grains in Starline SRP brass using CCI BR-4. Been having problems with cracked necks. This batch got my rude and crude annealing and not one failure.

My FL die has started scratching cases. Deep enough scratch that can be felt with one’s finger. So, discarded about 20 cases (OUCH!) and the die will go back to manufacturer to get polished out. Seems to be a build up and I could not clean it out myself. Does not appear to be a defect. Strange.

Reactions: roostercogburn98