• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Showed my daughter how to anneal cases with the AMP...is 6-months of age too young?

g87dyp7.png

Happens.
Good to catch it before going to the range.

I wonder what all would happen if attempting to accidentally shoot one like that?

A bit of cleaning, reorganization, planning.

Need to weld up a table frame next time I'm home for a few days and order up a top.

Need to make some Dillon tool head stands.

Decided to sell some powder and primers that I likely won't use.

Trying to plan for the limited time I will have to shoot over the winter

Reactions: camocorvette
I had the most stressful reloading session last night. New rifle build w/ a Proof Research 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. I haven't come up with a go-to load development method for a new barrel & new brass. With that said, I decided to run a pressure test and run some standard rounds down the barrel to aid in barrel speed up.

I am waiting on my V4 so there I am, using a bowl of H4350, liquid medicine ML measuring cup, a spoon, and tweezers. I start with dropping 40.6 to 43.4 w/ .2 grain increments to cover my pressure test. On 40.8gr, I drop the damn measuring cup and spill powder everywhere. I cleaned up but foolishly forgot to check to ensure no powder spilled in other pieces of brass. On 43.2gr, I noticed that there was already some powder in the case... 1.86gr to be exact. At this point, I immediately knew I needed to pull all the prior cases to ensure accurate measurements. After pulling and checking all but the final case I dropped the measuring cup AGAIN. So there I am, rechecking all the cases. This time I decide to check then seat the 140gr ELDMs.

Needless to say, I am not reloading again until I get my V4.

• Haha
Reactions: CK1.0
I had the most stressful reloading session last night. New rifle build w/ a Proof Research 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. I haven't come up with a go-to load development method for a new barrel & new brass. With that said, I decided to run a pressure test and run some standard rounds down the barrel to aid in barrel speed up.

I am waiting on my V4 so there I am, using a bowl of H4350, liquid medicine ML measuring cup, a spoon, and tweezers. I start with dropping 40.6 to 43.4 w/ .2 grain increments to cover my pressure test. On 40.8gr, I drop the damn measuring cup and spill powder everywhere. I cleaned up but foolishly forgot to check to ensure no powder spilled in other pieces of brass. On 43.2gr, I noticed that there was already some powder in the case... 1.86gr to be exact. At this point, I immediately knew I needed to pull all the prior cases to ensure accurate measurements. After pulling and checking all but the final case I dropped the measuring cup AGAIN. So there I am, rechecking all the cases. This time I decide to check then seat the 140gr ELDMs.

Needless to say, I am not reloading again until I get my V4.

Dude, find the money in your couch and order one of these:

You'll use it for something down the road or when your done give it to someone so they don't have to start off with a measuring cup hahaha...

You'll use it for something down the road or when your done give it to someone so they don't have to start off with a measuring cup hahaha...
I had a manual trickler that I was previously using but gave it back to my brother as I am expecting my V4 shortly. My cykepod will be here this week and I would like to hit the range this coming weekend. So I decided to go this route for the short term. Never again lol.

Does that work fairly well? I'm still using a 505 and trickler. I have a v6 lyman powder measure; but its been clogging on this RAD78 that I'm using for tracers. I hope when I switch to my powders for match ammo it works.

Does that work fairly well? I'm still using a 505 and trickler. I have a v6 lyman powder measure; but its been clogging on this RAD78 that I'm using for tracers. I hope when I switch to my powders for match ammo it works.
Honestly I have no idea... but it's got to be better than a measuring cup hahaha!

I have heard the Lee measure is actually better than we'd think (even with stick powder). IDK, for $26, worth a try?

I can say this: if one is using Sta-Ball 6.5 (spherical ball powder that meters amazingly), then a decent volumetric powder measure (and a consistent technique) works just fine, no fancy auto dropper needed.

For me, using StaBall and a Lyman Brass Smith measure (maybe ~$50), I have found that just dropping straight into cases it's usually within +/- 0.06gr with very few outliers that are maybe +/- 0.1gr... it's actually kind of bananas. I've observed this while loading 900 rounds for my last few matches where I would drop into the pan then weigh/trickle it meticulously on my scale to within 0.002gr (Ohaus SPX123, which is >/= A&D fx120i).

For practice rounds I just drop straight into cases, and my SD's are still in the single digits and there's basically no observable difference between my dropped "practice" ammo and dropped/meticulously-weighed&trickled "match" ammo on targets downrange.

I'm on the list for an AT V4... but when mine shows up I'm not sure I'll even use it.

Last edited:
20211031_115136.jpg

+ / - 0.1 with ball powder + / - 0.2 With stick powder and this runs at the speed of grampa all day.
The 50$ scale is + / - 0.1 and if no ceiling fan is on or temp swings from ac or window open holds zero.

My powder dispenser broke months ago.

Good thing I don't have a job.

Cleaned Up! Even to the point of vacuuming the floor, cabinets and table tops, Cleaned excess bullet boxes and old cases and junk.

Then checked the air in the tires on Brenda’s Miata, put a coat of paint on the new bathroom trim…Oh wait, it was reloading room.

After cleaning and straightening the area (trying to eliminate my entry to the messiest reloading room) I loaded 101 small rifle primer 6.5 Creedmoor rounds for the MPA and loaded 45 large rifle rounds for the RPR. Finally checked out to see if any deer were in the yard. (Gonna get me one before long :D:D)

I've got a v3, but it's still slower and more complex to fill / drain / clean than my Harrell's.

I'm using my Harrells like 90% of the time as I rarely shoot past 300-400 and think it gives up very little inside 600.

Love the FX120 for checking my Harrells, but sometimes debate selling the autotrickler for my uses.

I loaded up 50 rounds of 6.5cm ( 140 ELD M with 41.1gr of RL17) for a match next Saturday...still have 30-40 to go but will get those tomorrow during the Fall Back time change. Or I'll sleep in. tough call.

I was planning on polishing my rcbs sizing die because it takes excessive force to resize. But then i saw this... anyine know if these cracks or scratches are common?. It certainly explains why i have to muscle through the sizing process. These dies only have a hundred cases through it. And yes, the brass is always tumbled prior to sizing.
20211108_183742.jpg
20211108_183742.jpg

Stare at my equipment with little-to-no supplies and realize I could have traveled to Bora Bora with my wife for a month. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yikes! RCBS used to polish out gouges for free/cheap.... I would probably do it myself nowadays
Yea, i have some 2000 grit sandpaper that should do the trick. But the gouges in the die look too deep to try and polish out

Loaded 200 .38 Specials with 158 gn BB swc & Sport Pistol. Loaded 100 .357 magnum with 125 gn XTP & H110.

I'm thinking RCBS should replace that die.

Unless you cleaned it with gravel and metal shavings.

for my 38 super open gun i started loading for it using small pistol primers a while back. just loaded up six loads of 5 rounds each in .1g increments using small rifle primers. we expecting (perhaps naively) an improvement in es and sd but the rounds were pretty close to what they were using spp's. most people specify srp's for major power factor handgun loads, any idea why?

Reactions: Balor
Don't worry, I'm putting it all up for sale on the PX right now.

Right behind you.....but it will have to wait until I finish loading for this weekends match......which I probably should just quit, being that I (we) use such substandard equipment. Yesterdays work was annealing and sizing 200 pieces of brass, today is set necks, trim and prime, tomorrow is load. Shooting practice on Thursday and match on Saturday. BTW nice #s. Based on the ES vs SD I would say just a few rounds throwing that ES off, but still very good in my book for 72 rounds.

Reactions: NiteQwill
I'm thinking RCBS should replace that die.

Unless you cleaned it with gravel and metal shavings.
I looked at their site and saw no mention of polishing. I think you're right. They probably would send you a new one if called them up and were polite.

All manufacturers make mistakes / miss a step.

The good ones take care of you.

I cleaned up the casting area today. Found a few things I was missing, and will probably forget where I placed some of the things I put away.

started to prep my next 400 cases to be loaded for this weekends range trips . Cause any day at the range is a good day .

Ran out of 9mm brass with 2000 projectiles, 8 pounds of W231 and plenty of primers left....

Went seagulling and found some ugly range brass.....

image.jpg

It had been in the brass barrel mixed with some .45, 5.56 and .300 BO, sand, stones, grass and rain water.

Full of dirt I don't want to throw it in my tumbler, figured I'd give Lemishine a try.....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ten minutes looks great....

image.jpg

S1050 will be raining ammo soon.