• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Was organizing and counting bullets. Noticed I have some 6.5 147 eldm I bought dec 2020. whats the deal with these do they or don't they blow up? I saw a few in pics up thread so people are still using them. There are guys saying they are crap they blow up and others saying they are awesome. So is there a "safe" speed or is it hit and miss?

Was organizing and counting bullets. Noticed I have some 6.5 147 eldm I bought dec 2020. whats the deal with these do they or don't they blow up? I saw a few in pics up thread so people are still using them. There are guys saying they are crap they blow up and others saying they are awesome. So is there a "safe" speed or is it hit and miss?
I don't know about the 6.5s. Certainly there are reports of the 7mm versions blowing up if you run them on one of the "big 7mms" and a fast (say sub 1:9" twist)...

I don't know about the 6.5s. Certainly there are reports of the 7mm versions blowing up if you run them on one of the "big 7mms" and a fast (say sub 1:9" twist)...

well of course I have some 7mm 162eldm too lulz.
Also found an old box of Remington .30 180gn Bronze tips probably from the 80s. Funny thing is there is a sticker on them "estate sale" 9.00. Wonder what they will go for at my estate sale. Damn I need to shoot more...

Last edited:
Loaded some soy latte today
06712EB6-1CEA-4BD7-A5BD-8434CD1B4814.jpeg

me too! I annealed over a few sessions spanning a couple of days, but still ... I need an AMP Mate, or just not anneal them like you say
This is why I still haven't sold the Giraud after getting the AMP - no way I'm doing bulk 223 on the AMP and that Mate as they call it looks like a Rube Goldberg contraption and requires quite a bit of setup. So I keep the Giraud for .223 and .308/.260 - I only have to change the disks between those, not the roller plate or even the chutes (I do adjust the flame position and PSI)

Reactions: CanisLupus
I am installing my new presses on Inline Mounts. Unfortunately my 750 quick mount will need a custom installation due to how my reloading bench is built. I am going to have to mount 8" to 12"of heavy angle iron on the front of my bench for the Inline Quick Mount to bolt to.

My Redding T7 will be mounted on the high Ultra Mount but my Dillon 750 has to be mounted on the low Inline Quick Mount. I do not have the ceiling height to mount it on a higher mount and install a case feeder on it.

I am still keeping my MEC Marksman Press.

I built a makeshift reloading bench in my basement yesterday. Moved to the new house a while back and never got around to getting stuff setup and just been running factory ammo. Loaded my first bullet in close to five years. Then did some test loads of .308 175 smk and 180 speer btsp. Now I'm hooked again and planning a more permanent bench solution.

809A7ADE-0924-498D-B345-5313F61D1B4C.jpeg

27F590EF-58BF-4C03-9013-00A1B14E7CEF.jpeg

Put away one lonely pound of 8208XBR purchased from my LGS today.
$42, but I guess I would have paid that much after shipping/hazmat…

Last night I opened the next case of 210M primers that was on the top of the stack. This was inside:

View attachment 7830343
During the Obama election panic, the price of primers went up. Note the date/time of the order in the upper right hand corner….
The good old days when most people thought that was high for primers. I checked my email the other month and I got CCI LRM for 129 per 5K and Wolf LRM for 89 per 5k. Good thing we stocked up when we could!

Reactions: VSP968
Well, I loaded up some of my prepped brass for what I hope is the last piece of load development

55gr Nosler E-Tips over X-Terminator.

Discovered after last session that they liked a little more jump so a shorter COAL and I hope we'll be there.

Scrummy

Reactions: camocorvette
Finished up some 6.5 Grendel today with cci450, Shooters World Match and 123eldm. Also a pic from the good old days…should have bought a truckload way back when!😀

Attachments

• 19CE5E8F-DDF3-4662-98F9-0B8BC2E4EF90.jpeg
    19CE5E8F-DDF3-4662-98F9-0B8BC2E4EF90.jpeg
    534.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 19596B52-4D0B-43D6-A117-158ED76A828B.jpeg
    19596B52-4D0B-43D6-A117-158ED76A828B.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 45
For me, just a short ladder of 257 Roberts with new Nosler Brass (I've never had new Nosler Brass before...) and trying out Ramshot Hunter powder for the 1st time. Trying out the 100gr Speer Hot-Cor

Scrummy

Ah yes, brass prep. I have a load of FC / LC cases with the crimped in primer I need to knock out and remove the crimp...

Primed the last 1,650 of 4,000 5.56 cases for service rifle competition this summer. My hand is about to fall off from squeezing that damned priming tool. Now for powder and bullets.

Whoa. Holy sheet how these things converge, the same good loads
The guy who is probably the leading authority on 50 BMG ammo swears that is the sweet node with those components more than 80% of the time. I am sure he doesn't want me quoting him directly, though, given that people are dumb and don't work their loads up.

What’s your load? Mine is 750 AMAX in RWS brass RWS primer 236.0 RL 50 COAL 5.700 IIRC for 2840 from 40” barrel

750 A-Max in Norma brass, CCI 35 primer, 245.0gr H50BMG, 4.440 CBTO, 5.825 COAL(max mag length), 2715 fps from a 27"barrel. I would like to get to 2750 fps but it doesn't look good right now.

750 A-Max in Norma brass, CCI 35 primer, 245.0gr H50BMG, 4.440 CBTO, 5.825 COAL(max mag length), 2715 fps from a 27"barrel. I would like to get to 2750 fps but it doesn't look good right now.
That's interesting. I have the AX ELR as well, and I am jammed into the lands at 5.725. Almost shocked there is that much variance on the barrels.

When you say "Norma" brass, do you mean that stuff from Grafs a couple of years back that came for like $1 each in MTM cases and is stamped with a "T"? IF so, you actually have RWS brass made in their "T" for Thun plant in Switzerland...

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixr
When you say "Norma" brass, do you mean that stuff from Grafs a couple of years back that came for like $1 each in MTM cases and is stamped with a "T"? IF so, you actually have RWS brass made in their "T" for Thun plant in Switzerland...

Yes, I stumbled on this brass at Grafs in February 2020 and bought 200 pieces for $1.15 each. I have known that RUAG is the parent company of both Norma and RWS and the brass would have to be similar and couldn't go wrong for that price.:)

I ordered a V4 last November because my V2 does not throw large grain powders like H50BMG very well:mad:
I loaded 72 rounds yesterday. First time using my v4 with Re50. It actually flowed a little better than N570, in that I didn't need to tilt the scale at all to get a good flow rate. The only downside is that when kernels are .08-.1 grains, you are going to get a lot of technical overthrows, because it will keep calling until .04 under. On the other hand, .06 over at 236 grains is pretty tiny percentage wise.

hows the temp stability of ramshot tac?

First of it I have got.

Reportably not as good as varget but very close in burn chart.

Supposedly a reasonable varget replacement for some calibers.
(223, 6.5g, 308)

Reactions: BLKWLFK9