• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Learn to shoot left handed. In fact you're probably going to do alot of things left handed??????
I can shoot left handed but will probably have to get the left shoulder replaced within two years after they do the right side. I have learned to do several things left handed. While stationed in Germany, the few times I tried left handed salutes I got away with it.

• Haha
Reactions: clcustom1911
Just when I figured out my RPR .243 likes the 115gr DTACS, I got a diagnosis from my Primary Care Doctor at the VA that I've got 'pretty bad arthritis' in my right shoulder. If she described it that way from the x-ray report, I doubt I'll hear anything besides surgery after my MRI tomorrow. From what I read about it, It'll be three to six months after surgery before I'll get the green light to reload and shoot again. Maybe I can reload while I'm waiting for the surgery!
I just got the same diagnosis on my left shoulder and left knee. Fortunately, I already had the right shoulder repaired and the right knee replaced. Looking at the left two, I plan to do steroids (hydrocortizone) or synvisk to alleviate pain until surgery can repair them. No way am I going straight to surgery with winter coming. Always a lot of snow here. In the spring, knee replacement. As soon as that allows, do the shoulder.

Hold off if you’re young, unless you can’t work around it.

Anyhow, I pulled down 60 rounds of .223 with 60 gr. bullets. I didn’t powder the cases. biiiig D’OH! On my part. I will load them with 25 gr. of H4895 behind 62 gr. FMJBT’s.

Reactions: ken4570tc in WY
Got around to putting together inlinefab's stand for my coax.. haven't got to use either yet but both are works of art.
20191031_040601.jpg

Forgot about military trainer match this weekend. Sorted some Ely 22lr by weight for my M12 and made up some 62gr sps sitting in Lapua match brass with imr 8208 pushing them for the AR. Kinda feel bad putting such cheap bullets in Lapua but the gun loves em.

Attachments

• 20191031_190255.jpg
    20191031_190255.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: 4066.5
Forgot about military trainer match this weekend. Sorted some Ely 22lr by weight for my M12 and made up some 62gr sps sitting in Lapua match brass with imr 8208 pushing them for the AR. Kinda feel bad putting such cheap bullets in Lapua but the gun loves em.
How is that Mtm 22lr box? Ive been trying to find one that the lead nose can't get banged up on the lid or base.

How is that Mtm 22lr box? Ive been trying to find one that the lead nose can't get banged up on the lid or base.
I like these boxes for letting me sort by weight. Each shell fits in its own space. There is a little space at the top you could put some folded paper in there to pad it if you wanted. It works as good as any 50 round box from a manufacturer I have seen.

Attachments

• 20191101_205408.jpg
    20191101_205408.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20191101_205417.jpg
    20191101_205417.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 40
I pulled 40 rounds from my 26 Nosler. Why? Because N-570 finally came into stock and I procured 10 lbs.
Pulling the bullets did suck but I still feel like a winner today lol

What device or hanger are you using for your akro bins?
It was actually a simple bin package from harbor freight. Didn't have tons of funds for the build. Tried to use what I had on hand. Work well enough for their purpose.

Reactions: x_789
Prepped some .223 Lapua match brass.

Attachments

• 20191103_182253.jpg
    20191103_182253.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 33
I looked at the bench and the presses. Then I scratched my head and asked if I knew how to use them anymore!!

Reactions: BullzeyeNJ
Got my new Dillon 750 up and running this weekend and cranked out about 300 .223 on a test and tune run. This is going to take some getting use to as it is a big change from the good old redding T7 that I have been using.

20191108_103031.jpg

Last edited:
Deprimed/resized/measured and tumbled an awesome 90 pieces of 6.5CM brass. Oh and I guess it counts that I emptied the 22 Nosler brass out of tumbler to make room for 6.5.

Last night but I loaded up some 90 gr tipped gamekings to try in the 6xc since these 103 eldx dont work well enough for my tastes.

Lets hope they like to jump, this is seated .010 off the lands for initial ocw tests. The .105 freebore is a bit more than my ideal for this bullet.
73498071_459634178012925_3950089689943244800_n.jpg

Do you experience inconsistencies not having a caliber worth in the neck?

Do you experience inconsistencies not having a caliber worth in the neck?
I never have before but this was loading my first ever test with this bullet so I can’t say yet. This is the furthest out the neck I’ve ever had before but when I get to seating depth it will most likely be deeper in the case.

Spent a day off today watching the tube and sorting a whole 5 gallon bucket of once fired 9mm, .40, .45, and 5.56 I purchased. Little bit of bonus .38, .380, and .300Blk in there too. Includes a few hundred 5.55 Speer GoldDot nickel plated brass in there I’m gonna use for 50gr VMax coyote load development. Hopefully get on that tonight once the little man goes to bed.

Last edited:
Yeah but I don’t need to spend money on that. I haven’t done it since. I just kick all the other brass away before I start and make it easy that way. With the origins mechanical ejector I just run the bolt slow and it drops them there at my feet.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
Well I dry tumbled about 5K .223 and several thousand 9mm.

Working on getting lots of .223 brass prepped (swaged, trimmed, sized) on my 650 so I can just grab some and load.

Basically I want to be able to load .223 like 9mm just grab and go.

Reactions: Snuby642
Threw powder for 90 rounds of 260 then the dog knocked them with his ball. Gonna have to rethrow all the charges

• Haha
Reactions: reubenski
Could be worse I have small grandchildren reloading assistants.

One of them actually broke a lyman universal decapper.

You can cuss at a dog!

20190701_121846.jpg

The youngest child likes to help remove media from tubled brass, I think soon he will shake it back into the bucket instead of floor.

I was throwing culls into a trash can
Grandson decided all should go there, and helped me out.

About 350- 400 spent primers fit into the collection tube or the floor depending on where you decide to keep them.

It's all good, give the dog a treat for me.

And 2143.....

All washed, deprimed and swaged, headspace bumped .004, neck tension set to .0025, trimmed to 1.750". Won't have to do that again for about 20,000 rounds
See this is where I am wanting to get too lol. The first stage of brass prep sucks. I don’t mind grabbing and loading though.

Well I dry tumbled about 5K .223 and several thousand 9mm.

Working on getting lots of .223 brass prepped (swaged, trimmed, sized) on my 650 so I can just grab some and load.

Basically I want to be able to load .223 like 9mm just grab and go.

How do you efficiently tumble 5k 223 in a day? I have buckets of it.

Lyman pro 2500. Do a shit load at once and start early. I probably put more in then I am supposed to lol.

Concrete mixer? I did 2500 and iirc I did it in 3 or 4 batches. STM tumbled in the Frankford Arsenal tumbler. Dried them in the same batches in the brass drier they sell. It wasn't bad.

I don’t wet tumble my .223 or 9mm anymore. Just too much damn work.

I’m using some Russian shit called Buckwheat that someone recommended on here. It doesn’t dust.

Also with the tumbler model B you can only fit like 200 cases of .223 in at once.

I do about 600 at a time. And buckwheat goes in pancakes not brass tumblers?
What stainless tumbler can you do 600 at a time!? Jesus.

I have never seen buckwheat before but it works well. Can’t read the packages it comes in but whatever lol.