• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Put these with the rest of the primer clan..
20211219_141624.jpg

LGS had these in stock, traded 400's for 450's, 10 for 10. My 6BR varmint load was first developed using the 450, and I was down to less than 100. Good to go now.

Finally getting time to rearrange my presses to add the zero and the v3 (v4 will be a 2nd option soon). Gonna make another counter top on the green wall for 3-way trimmer, tumbler, barrel vice, and other prep work area.

Attachments

• 4164303A-576E-4C0E-B7B9-192CC13C416B.jpeg
    4164303A-576E-4C0E-B7B9-192CC13C416B.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 3F90D347-AE94-4C5A-9FD7-457D75AB2834.jpeg
    3F90D347-AE94-4C5A-9FD7-457D75AB2834.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 141
  • B1652545-B025-4CE1-9D24-29A6A55A6F82.jpeg
    B1652545-B025-4CE1-9D24-29A6A55A6F82.jpeg
    538.2 KB · Views: 135
Built a bench/shelf for ammo storage, re-organized the whole room, cleaned, decluttered, and some miscellaneous odds and ends. Been meaning to do this forever. If you look at this and think this is bad, you've should have seen it before this weekend.

20211219_204246.jpg
20211219_204157.jpg
20211219_204141.jpg
20211219_204132.jpg
20211219_204119.jpg
20211219_204109.jpg

Loaded up some 130gr TTSX for my 300wsm trying varget to reach 3500 fps or close. I have a big game load using 178 eldx. Looking for a Deer/Pronghorn load that is flat...this should do it. Headed to range tomorrow.

Sorted and did first cull on a 1000 pieces of range brass.

20211219_201145.jpg

900, 223 and a mix for the rest that made the cut.

Next cut is depriming, if the flash holes are bad offcenter out they go.

That will give me plenty of dirty brass to test rice versus wallnut.

20211219_222919.jpg

I made a mess first I tipped over 8 trays of prepped brass then upon jumping up I knocked over 4 not well stacked boxes of needing to be sized brass ( about 4000 pieces in all ) thank god for those cheap plastic brooms w dust pan . I have to get more shelving stainless maybe wood with wheels .
shopping

• Haha
Reactions: Balor
I have come to a revalation !

Liquid car wax and rice make better concrete than a tumbling media.

20211221_132332.jpg

The car wax and mineral spirits released the starches in the rice and turned to concrete before flashing off. I know, dry works.

I wanted a slicker wax buildup.
Back to pet bedding wallnut for me.

20211221_133651.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MJF and Balor
You put the platen guard that far back? I honestly like the V3 more... Lol. It's way faster.

Yes. And the hole is set back a bit so it is dropping off center. I had to dial mine in. Check under settings and see what the flow rate is after calibrating. Mine was .08. I shimmed the back rubber under the hopper with another thinner piece of rubber. Recalibrated and it was at .17 for flow rate. Set large wheel to 5 and small wheel to 7. Runs a load every 6 to 10 seconds. Which is a little faster than my V3.

20211222_181005.jpg

I'll continue to play. I just find it more sensitive than the V3 unfortunately. even after playing with the settings, too. I added and subtracted shims at the back, too. It seems to overthrow OR take 15+ seconds for a single throw.

Tried a few, gave up.
It was range pickup brass.

Only investment was pickup and deprime so not a big loss.

Disappointed in my judgment.
So many people using it thought I would try.

I'll stick to my standard, I like the outcome. Bullets seat butter smooth.

I figured I owed the guys a good laugh.

Reactions: Middle Man
Not really a reloading thing per se but I bought a new kestrel to replace my 4500NV that was discontinued back in 2015. Laggard like a mofo I am apparently but now that I’m all caught up…

That counts for my reloading effort yes? 😁

Reactions: Balor
Finally decided to clean off the dry erase board in my reloading room. Five years of data. I don't even own some of those guns or barrels anymore...

View attachment 7768111

😱

View attachment 7768113
At least you took a pic so you could reminisce.

I think I need a white board now. I've been putting these tiny stickers from the suture kits at work on everything but I'm seeing a better way of tracking some things.

Got some annealing done…
View attachment 7765195

Recruited my grandkid to help…
View attachment 7765197
View attachment 7765198
Grandkid really like helping so had him load the hopper for me while he was visiting today. Had to get a booster seat so he could reach.
He counted to thirty all by himself so it has turned into a very educational endeavor.
39726E67-ABF8-407F-8308-C1143C5C24CB.jpeg

04AF1A05-6464-48D5-86ED-C3BB42C441AA.jpeg

Got some annealing done…
View attachment 7765195

Recruited my grandkid to help…
View attachment 7765197
View attachment 7765198

It's worth the $150 +/- just for the swaging alone
It's a cool little press. I've hooked it up to a spare Mr. Bulletfeeder to size cast bullets, hooked it to a Dillon casefeeder for a bunch of stuff. If you put it on a Inline Fab mount it runs much sturdier than it looks in videos. I haven't tried the swage setup, because the presses I use where I would be using brass that need to be swaged already have a swage station, but I did buy it for shits and giggles because I want to see how it works.

It's the kind of tool you want to use a lot, so you look for a bunch of things you can do with it, even if you can do those things elsewhere.

Restocked the tumbler media and added an APP for 9mm processing. What a marvelous little gizmo.
Is that wallnut small enough to pass through flash holes?

I use lizzard pet bedding and the same nufinish with some mineral spirits to cut it.

After it flashes off dry it will poor through flash holes.

Last edited:
Is that wallnut small enough to pass through flash holes?

I use lizzard pet bedding and 5he same nufinish with some mineral spirits to cut it.

After it flashes off dry it will poor through flash holes.
I have not had any problems with this media getting stuck in primer holes. I make sure to get the 24 grit (fine). The medium grit will pack the pockets full (don't ask me how i know lol). I thought about going to pins and wet tumbling and then abandoned the idea...... dry has always served me well enough.

Reactions: Snuby642
It's a cool little press. I've hooked it up to a spare Mr. Bulletfeeder to size cast bullets, hooked it to a Dillon casefeeder for a bunch of stuff. If you put it on a Inline Fab mount it runs much sturdier than it looks in videos. I haven't tried the swage setup, because the presses I use where I would be using brass that need to be swaged already have a swage station, but I did buy it for shits and giggles because I want to see how it works.

It's the kind of tool you want to use a lot, so you look for a bunch of things you can do with it, even if you can do those things elsewhere.
It really is. I had been given the 9mm military brass form a friend and didn't relish the thought of depriming and then swaging on the old RCII. When is saw the APP press and the swage kit on sale at Midsouth I said what the hell. Glad i did. Now I can also deprime/resize then tumble before loading on the PRO1000 which I prefer. That's another machine people dog on a lot but dammit if it doesn't make accurate ammo fast. I bought when it was all I could swing when raising a family and never felt the need to upgrade. The only problem with either machine is i run out of things to process or load pretty fast..... :) .

It really is. I had been given the 9mm military brass form a friend and didn't relish the thought of depriming and then swaging on the old RCII. When is saw the APP press and the swage kit on sale at Midsouth I said what the hell. Glad i did. Now I can also deprime/resize then tumble before loading on the PRO1000 which I prefer. That's another machine people dog on a lot but dammit if it doesn't make accurate ammo fast. I bought when it was all I could swing when raising a family and never felt the need to upgrade. The only problem with either machine is i run out of things to process or load pretty fast..... :) .
So I dorked around a bit with the swage system today. It's pretty neat. I kept thinking it was about to fail since it basically sits on a flat plate, but it works. I actually bought mine for a similar reason. A friend had Covid, and decided to do something nice for me, so he cast me a bunch of 10mm bullets, but he forgot to size them because he had a fever for a week and his brain was off a bit. I didn't want to ask him to do it, so I bought this. Glad I did.