• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What does a tattoo say about you?

I have no problem with ink. I have quite a few friends that have one or two. Or both arms, full back, ribs, chest, legs entirely covered. I don't have any at this time but have been wanting to do the initials and birth dates of my kids on me somewhere. I'm thinking my rib cage.

It doesn't matter if they have tats or not, they would be the same person with or without. It's just an expression that you put on your body, most likely to commemorate a certain time in your life.

Wilecoyote, good post! I love the Murphys. I grew up in Georgia so I don't have much connection with Boston or the Irish Punk music scene, but I joined the Marine Corps in 1996 (the year the Murphys were started). Somewhere around January or Febuary 1997 I got my first tattoo in Fredrick MD, the artist was cranking a punk band he had heard in his home town of Boston during his Christmas visit home. It was the Murphys and I was hooked ever sence. Its kind of crazy I have not thought about that in a long time even though I listen to the Dropkicks almost daily in the gym. Thanks again for the good memories...

Interesting, what makes you say that (I am truly interested)?

A tat usually is there for a reason - someone has something to say. Whether the art of it, a memorial tattoo, or something that means something to the individual.

Its like writing. No one writes something down, while not intending to say something intelligent to communicate it to others.

Its not a condemnation or an insult. We all want to be recognized, and acknowledged. We just choose different ways.

OK, I hear ya and I agree with that. I thought the first statement was just a blanket statement saying "I want attention". But yes I think that they are very much what you just said. I do have things I am very proud of and want everyone to know... Thanks for clearing that up.

...with the same side effects of on open carry, in my opinion_

(by the way,I know more or less nothing about Irish, nor tats on myself, but this DM's song must be really good, because it make you like them both)

Last edited:
I just noticed you are in Italy, cool. You should start looking into the Murphys and also the Blaggards and the Pub Crawlers just to name a very few if you like that style of music...

I just noticed you are in Italy, cool. You should start looking into the Murphys and also the Blaggards and the Pub Crawlers just to name a very few if you like that style of music...
.....PM sent __http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B4iBjuXYxU
someone,formerly from THE BRUISERS, has joined the DM,later_

Last edited:
In my specific case, nothing. at this point my tattoos (even though all of mine are covered by wearing a t-shirt that comes down to my elbow) i just liked the way they they look. I did have some stipulations with the ones I got. They must be covered in normal warm weather wear, and I would come up with an idea and if I still liked it 6 months later I would get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I think they say a lot about you. I am working on getting my sleeve finished, should be done next Friday with any luck. My fore arm is going to be wrapped in an American flag. I feel there are just too damn many Muslim loving, America changing left wing homos in this country and people are too afraid to oppose them. I want everyone to know where I stand:

I think I have you covered.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I think what a tattoo says is you have something special you want to carry with you everywhere. Whether it's a feeling of patriotism, a reminder of friends and family passed on, or how bad ass Harleys are it's important to you and you're displaying it. From single line stick figures to clocks to impossible artwork you've made this message yours.

I will thank you, but they are never "all done"... I know what you mean though.

Yeah, ban tattoos but allow ear rings in each ear, pants down to your knees and ball caps sideways as long as your on libo. Geez...

I got a tat in 69, "In remembrance of PFC Carl Dannard." Died right next to me in a firefight. I will never forget that night.
I was 20 years old.
Now, 40+ years later, all you can see is the m, the rest is faded away by age but the night does not fade away.
So my tat tells me, "Why did you want this ink blot on your shoulder for all of these years that no on can read now?" and yet you will always remember?
Age is not good on tats.
We have much better ink now you say. Tell me that in 40 years.
The only thing Golden about the "Golden Years" is the front of your shorts.
You guys with sleeves that are are all dark, as you sport them remember that Old Sol is making them hot and everyday old age is working against you.
That is all I have to say about this other than have you all go look at old tats and ask yourself,"Is this what I want when I get old?"
Regards, FM

I can see a lot of truth in what you said, however you can always have them "freshened up" and I made myself a promise several years ago to never look back and say "if I had..." or "I should of..." I don't live for tomorrow, because it will never come.

I've seen tats that folks got to commemorate special events in their life, and I've seen other work that people got done just because they liked the way the piece looked on the wall.

I don't have any ink, even though I have had plenty of opportunity. For now, I'll continue not to have any ink - not because of an attempt to conform or stand out, but because I give blood every month that goes to pediatric patients. If I were to get a tat, I couldn't give blood for a year. In the end I have needle scars in both arms and a satisfaction that once again I helped someone who needed assistance.

just one of many of mine. i'm currently working on a sleeve for my other arm and have 2 on my back that need touched up

Attachments

• tat.jpg
    tat.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 18
My wife nor I have any tattoos. But it's your right to get as many as you can afford and want. And I'll help fight for that right.

If everybody had tattoos their meaning would suffer. In fact this is already true to a point. They are not for everyone. I have Tattoos that are 30 years old and some that are lots newer. Every one means something to me and about me. I have been into the same stuff all my life. I wear the same type cloths have the same friends will always own weapons even ride the same Harley. Those who refuse to even think about getting ink are followers keeping their options open to change their lives to conform to others . This is a good thing. Tattoos are not for them. Not everyone knows who they are .That's what fads are for. Sheep keeping up with the flock. That said the only thing worse is the poser that gets ink in a place they can hide so they can fit in with the other sheep and be weekend bad asses. Grow up and get some balls you are worse then those that have no ink at least those people know who they are. Do not get me wrong just because you don't have ink I am not saying it makes you any less. I just hate to think the reason for not getting one is that you are willing to change your views rather that defend them.

I think this whole statement is BS. I'm Jewish and it is against my Religion to get a tattoo. I don't have any and I won't. I know who I am. People who need to self Mutilate it is considered a mental health issue. I don't care what people have on them. I know several Jews who have Aryan tattoos from prison. I have several friends from the Ukraine who are Jewish and got tatted for being in this or that Prison for being Jewish, one or two for being a real criminal. These people didn't need to get a tattoo to tell them who they were. I can tell you it isn't who they are now.

I think this whole statement is BS. I'm Jewish and it is against my Religion to get a tattoo. I don't have any and I won't. I know who I am. People who need to self Mutilate it is considered a mental health issue. I don't care what people have on them. I know several Jews who have Aryan tattoos from prison. I have several friends from the Ukraine who are Jewish and got tatted for being in this or that Prison for being Jewish, one or two for being a real criminal. These people didn't need to get a tattoo to tell them who they were. I can tell you it isn't who they are now.

Interesting statement. Please define "self mutilate". Also not being Jewish why is it against your religion? Thank you for your in site, I would just like more from your POV.

Jewish Law has some very clearly defined things in it. No tattoos is one of them. Just like not boiling a kid in its mothers milk. Not shaving your corner locks of hair. their is a lot of things going on with the need for a tattoo. Yes some people get them for this reason and that one. No one is arguing that. Just pointing out that you see those guys who are completely covered in tattoos; and have gone back and covered over the old ones with new ones. Most of the books discussing Metal Health have a fairly large chapter about "self Mutilation" tattoos qualify as such, and also an addiction when they can't stop getting tattoos. I'm not saying every thing in the metal health profession is %100% legit or are always right.
Self Mutilation - What Is Self Mutilation and Why Does It Happen The gist of the article is all about people having difficulty dealing with things emotions, loss,pain of, not know how to deal with the mental aspect of "loss" or a "traumatic experience". I'm not saying everyone who has a tattoo is this person, but sometimes it may give you a bit of look inside their minds, and how they deal with or don't with things. Just be sure you doing whats best for you. You have to live with it. Oh I don't really like the article it popped up first on a search.

What does a tattoo say about you?

Whatever a tattoo says about you, it doesn't always say to others what you think it does.

I talked to a gang member just last week. He had a tattoo around his Neck: "Loved by few, hatted by many." I asked him if he was having any trouble with the local haberdashers. He had no idea why I was asking.

I saw a veteran this past summer. He had tattoos on both legs below the knees. As I read them: "Some gave all / All gave some". I think he meant the reverse, but I am sure it looks all right to him in the mirror.

And then there's always the misshapen butterfly that you can't see... She works with me, so no names.

Last edited:
Whatever a tattoo says about you, it doesn't always say to others what you think it does.

I talked to a gang member just last week. He had a tattoo around his Neck: "Loved by few, hatted by many." I asked him if he was having any trouble with the local haberdashers. He had no idea why I was asking.

I saw a veteran this past summer. He had tattoos on both legs below the knees. As I read them: "Some gave all / All gave some". I think he meant the reverse, but I am sure it looks all right to him in the mirror.

And then there's always the misshapen butterfly that you can't see... She works with me, so no names.

Nothing like a good neck tattoo to say you're either the best tire changer in the world or you plan on going all Iron Chef on a pack of ramen noodles in the can.

What does a tattoo say about you?

It says: "Senior Badge Explosive Ordnance Disposal"

EOD can only be earned in the Military.

~Will
Dear valued member,

Due to recent developments on Sniper's Hide the following advisory is in effect:

This post is in no way calculated or intended to hurt anyone's feelings or offend the sensibilities of anyone reading this, regardless of their occupation, political or cultural orientation, or any disability including but not limited to a temporarily medicated condition. And please do understand that this disclaimer is intended to specifically include the OP, but that this intent in no way limits a peremptory apology to readers who are not members but who may be thinking of joining as members.

Will,

There might be a person in Baluchistan, missing three fingers on his right hand, who would disagree.

There are intentional tattoos, there are badges, and then there are unintentional tattoos.... Just sayin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Will,

There might be a person in Baluchistan, missing three fingers on his right hand, who would disagree.

There are intentional tattoos, there are badges, and then there are unintentional tattoos.... Just sayin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whuut? :confused:

I don't care about other countries jack holes who call themselves Explosive Ordnance Disposal. As an example the Philipinne Army/Air Force EOD has a whole lot of clowns running around with 5 pieces of EOD "Flair" worn about their person, including the cooks. Not a bit of training, but they wear all the EOD bling cause they are in the units.

I have gotten to meet over 40 countries worth of 'experts' in my adventures and wouldn't work in their frag radius with most of them. I have gotten to do some interesting post blasts on some of them and shake my head and ask "what in the world made them think THAT was a good idea...?"

What I was originally referring to are the Stateside bomb jockies who really think they are "EOD", when they are a six week FBI Public Safety Bomb Technician or a six week UXO shovel driver.

The good ones know how much they don't know, the bad ones think they know it all & haven't been anywhere, nor done anything.

As far as Tat's Badges and SCARRING. I have all three. But definitely my tat says that. My visible scars only say "TISSUE SORT OF REPLACED HERE" its up to me & scotch to tell those stories. ;)

A lot of folks hate on tats without understanding the meaning behind the ink (which may or may not have been the intention of this thread) - then again, a lot of folks get inked without understanding anything at all.

~Will

Last edited:
As for the OP's question, just based on comments here on the Hide, I'd say it suits VJJ the best.

But I think the monkeys are fucking classic. I showed my wife and she said she doesn't put her foot down much but she is here. Damn, I really wanted to tweak that idea into two monkeys playing the "switch game".

This guy in my unit got a big FU finger on his back, from belt to neck, and done in exquisite detail. A full back. He did it just to get into situations where he could take his shirt off and had big thing planned for when he got out. I wouldn't be surprised one bit to find out this guy has the fingering monkey.

Don't know and don't really care what my tats say about me. They are part of me just as much as my fingers or toes. That said, if you are going to get ink put some thought into it and have it done by somebody who knows what they are doing. If you want one "just because" then you might end up with something like this:
shitty tattoos

jbell: I don't know shit from applebutter about tats, but I'm curious, what's the list price on work like that? If you don't want to say, no biggy. TN

Interesting statement. Please define "self mutilate". Also not being Jewish why is it against your religion? Thank you for your in site, I would just like more from your POV.

Leviticus 19:28

Personally, I have always found tattoos ugly. YMMV. I've always looked at it as graffiti or defacement of the REAL work of art - the human body.

jbell: I don't know shit from applebutter about tats, but I'm curious, what's the list price on work like that? If you don't want to say, no biggy. TN

Well its hard to say there is a lot of trips to the chair on my left arm. But usually you can plan on $100 per hour. My flag alone was 10ish hours.

Leviticus 19:28

Personally, I have always found tattoos ugly. YMMV. I've always looked at it as graffiti or defacement of the REAL work of art - the human body.

It is cool that you find them ugly, I have no problem with that and I do agree that the human body as made by God is the true work of art but graffiti is a matter of opinion which you are entitled to.

Strange you mention Leviticus 19:28, but have you read the verse before it? I may be assuming but do not you cut your hair or shave? Kind of makes you think doesn't it...

It is cool that you find them ugly, I have no problem with that and I do agree that the human body as made by God is the true work of art but graffiti is a matter of opinion which you are entitled to.

Strange you mention Leviticus 19:28, but have you read the verse before it? I may be assuming but do not you cut your hair or shave? Kind of makes you think doesn't it...

I mentioned Lev 19:28 because you asked Finris why it was against his Jewish religion. Jews typically follow "the Law", as it is written in the Pentateuch (first 5 books of the Bible). I apologize if you know all this already - since you asked Finris, I'm going to proceed like you didn't.

As someone that has put his faith in Jesus Christ - realizing my salvation is completely by His grace and not by anything I have done or can do - I believe that I'm free from Old Testament Law because of the New Covenant. No one other than Jesus himself was ever able to perfectly follow OT Law. Those laws were given to Israel to show how futile it was to try to be holy. No one could ever follow them all. The New Covenant through Jesus freed us from the Law. But that doesn't mean that a believing Christian has license to continue willful sinning.

All that was probably more than asked for. But I do believe what I said above is Biblically accurate.

I hear ya Dave. I didn't even think about the Old Testament until you just brought it up and then still didn't connect the dots until you just explained it to me. I am tracking now. Thank you for that, sometimes I am a little slow HAHA. The only reason I mentioned verse 27 is because I had to go back and read that chapter to get back up to speed. I used to read the OT some because I found it interesting, but that was years ago and I have forgotten much of it.

I'm glad you copy. Bible thumping often gets met with name-calling or hostility. ;) Semper Fi.

And religious posting often gets met with banning...just a thought. I've been considering getting my first TAT....th.jpg

Well its hard to say there is a lot of trips to the chair on my left arm. But usually you can plan on $100 per hour. My flag alone was 10ish hours.

I totally feel ya, in the past year and a half what I have spent to redo my sleeve on my left arm I could have bought the latest and greatest DTA or AI rifle complete. Oh well its only money right lol.