• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What else do I need?

Clamber

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
Utah, USA
Hey guys, last month I got my first bolt-action rifle and I got just the basics. So far I have:

Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD
SWFA SS10x Scope
EGW Base
Burris XTR Rings
Harris Bipod
Eagle Stock Pack
300x FGMM and SW Ammo
Shooting Mat
Cleaning Supplies

So I now need to decide what to get next. I have about $200 at the moment and there's a few things I want, but first I need to get the things that I absolutely need.

My question is, what more should I get? I'm not made of money so I only want to get stuff that I really need.

The only thing I can think of that I need is a Mil-Dot Master so I'll order one, but I'm sure you guys could recommend some more things.

Thanks.

Re: What else do I need?

Storm Tactical or Impact Data Book

More Ammo

Someone to watch you shoot and make corrections so you don't have muscle memory of bad habits...

Bore guide and teflon coated dewey rod or similar with jags

If you are in So Utah, I can help you mount the base, the REM receiver isn't going to be flat/true and the base should be shimmed or bedded.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. You are off to a good start.

Another on the data book. A hard copy history of the rifle will be very valuable to you in the future.

A subscription to the Hide's training series?

I personally would add a Laser RangeFinder on the list at some point, maybe a Kestrel as well. You can certainly live w/o them for awhile.
But, the reloading's an important step as well. I doubt $200 will get you reloading.

You need some way to determine range unless you only shoot at KD ranges. I used a handheld GPS until I could afford a LRF. Cumbersome, but effective. You also need dope, so you need ballistic software of some sort.

Eye and ear pro, milldot master and fdac,sling, reloading equipment then a subscription to the hide online training