• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO AFFORD AN UPGRADE ?

para1505

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
Columbia MO area
My father inlaw has a meat processing / butcher shop. I am 45 years old , Deer season is one of his biggest money makers. I love to deer hunt . But this year I have taken a week vacation to skin deer to earn money for a oiptic upgrade. Season opened SAT. ( rifle) it is MON. nite. so far i have skinned 250 deer . still have till SUN. nite to go . total number will probaley be 400-450. WHAT CRAZY THINGS HAVE YOU DONE TO EARN MONEY FOR A OPTIC UPGRADE ?
crazy.gif

Re: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO AFFORD AN UPGRADE ?

I sold my motorcycle to fund a Hensoldt with Horus H37, I enjoy shooting more than riding.. That and the motorcycle was selfish, my wife and 2 daughters shoot also so family activity! My wife supported the deal
laugh.gif

I've prostituted myself, now when I look in the mirror I see a man whore

I sold $7000 worth of stuff I didnt need anymore on ebay, over a period of two months.

I've just gone slow and steady. Next month will mark two years since I started my rifle project with a stripped DPMS LR-308 lower receiver. All I have left is the Nightforce; I'm about 600 dollars away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've prostituted myself, now when I look in the mirror I see a man whore</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I started selling Crack to the Homeies in the Hood.Easy money once you learn the lingo !!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I laughed for about 10 minutes until my stomach couldn't take it HAHAHA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: popeye089</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sold my motorcycle to fund a Hensoldt with Horus H37, I enjoy shooting more than riding.. That and the motorcycle was selfish, my wife and 2 daughters shoot also so family activity! My wife supported the deal
laugh.gif
</div></div>

At least you found somebody to buy your motorcycle.I've been trying to sell mine for over a year.

I've thought about buying that exact scope you got except they were only available in CW turrets so it didn't work out for me.I'm jealous!Anybody want to buy a Husky 450 SMR,or...or...LOL?

To the OP.I sold all the dust collectors that were sitting in the safe and bought stuff that I can be proud of and that I use.

that prostituting is rough on the body but it got me a sn-3! so whatever!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've prostituted myself, now when I look in the mirror I see a man whore </div></div>

That was you!? I feel so cheap.

I usually sell other stuff that i don't need or use. When you find yourself really wanting something, it will make you re-evaluate what items you really need and the items you just wanted to keep for "filler". I try to get atleast 75% of the cost of the new item I'm wanting from selling other stuff I already have. I can afford to take the rest out of the bank if I need to. I just sold my boat last week. I had about $11,000 extra after payoff so I took a little and bought myself a new custom rifle.....which naturally led to needing a new optic ofcourse.

Sold every rifle but my bolt guns and one Glock to buy a S&B 4-16 x 50 Gen II XL. The scope pulls double duty on a 22-250 and 308.

and I couldn't be happier.

kt

Cleaned out most of what wasnt getting used to fund an atlas, bushnell fusion, an adjustable buttplate, and a cheekpiece.

I bought a whole bunch of income generating securities in late 2008 and early 2009. I even borrowed money to do it. Almost pissed in my pants a few times but it seems to have worked out well.

I sell my self by the hour at my regular job, so I just hiked the rates up a bit and things work out great,

I have managed some great gear the last two years.

/Chris

I beg my wife to let me take some money out of the bank for an early birthday, Christmas present etc, etc.