• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What hunting boots do you use?

I’ve got the Crispi Idaho‘s and they’ve been pretty rock solid for me. Elk, deer, and Chukar hunting in ID.

Got the Crispi Lapponia II GTX as a lightweight waterproof uninsulated hiker. Zero break in. Feels like a sneaker. Best $$$ I've spent.

I love kalkal hunting boots they are awesome but they have their place and limits. My avatar picture with the moose I was actually wearing Mucks bug that was river hunting in late september. There is no way in hell I'm going to go hike a mountain to get a sheep with them though lol

Last edited:
I got a pair of Danner Lights Kevlar a few years back, most amazing comfortable boots i ever had. Light, supporting, waterproof, and were like tennis shoes walking in, so comfortable. Had them resoled once, then got another pair, Danner Light II in leather and canvas... as they no longer made the leather and kevlar ones. These are tighter, heavier, just not the same. Had them for about 8 months so far and should be well broken in but dont seem like it. They are still good and I wear them but nothing compared to the old ones. I had even went to the factory store and got them in Portland OR. I think the quality of everything in the entire country has slipped in the past few years.

I have the USA Pronghorns... and after buying a pair of Schnee boots, haven't worn them since.

You can find the Schnee boots on sale at times. 200's on sale now for $287. 40% off.

I do like my Kenetreks in the real mountains.

But they’re overkill in milder country.

Not to mention they’re ridiculous expensive anymore.

I bought a pair of Zamberlans Lynxs I think they’re called last year. So far I like them. Just wish they were a little taller. I like a 8-10” boot.

Kind of a half-breed between a true “mountain boot” and an upland boot.

I hunt in Texas and Arkansas mainly so I generally don't need a lot of insulation. Danner Pronghorn side zip/lace snake boots if I'm moving and Muck Apex zip ups if I'm not. Last year it was so warm and I was stand hunting that I wore a pair of Sketchers slip ons.

• Love
Reactions: Ronws
Oddly I have 8" Pronghorns that are from ~ 2010. I had to shoogoo the heel back on one of them.....so comfortable. Also have the Danner Sharptail 17" snake boots depending on where ya live. I put Scotchguard spray on the seams as well as waterproof as rubber boots.....maybe 5 years old.
I was about to reply to the thread that I wear about a 15 year old set of Danner pronghorns. I had to glue the soles back on also. After many miles though.

I was about to reply to the thread that I wear about a 15 year old set of Danner pronghorns. I had to glue the soles back on also. After many miles though.
Danner has their own resole program. If they lasted that long, I’m sure they will last even longer with a new sole and stitching for the $100 or whatever they charge.

I'm trying yo remember the particulars of the Danners, where I sent them to, and where they came back from.. I know when I sent some Thorogoods to be resoled, it was done by a third party, which I later realized I could have/should have just sent it to them direct. https://nushoe.com

Im really liking the lacrosse offerings. I just picked up the alpha agility (uninsulated) for spring hunting. I also have the alpha burly pro insulated (1000 g) for winter time, paired with mid weight darn tough socks.