• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is happening?

I first really emersed myself in reloading during the sandy hook fiasco and to say the least that pales in comparison to our issues currently. I assume we all believed the market would have reset or somewhat normalized by now. I just got word that primers are going to double in msrp locally at sportsmans warehouse. Is this the new norm or will prices eventually reset? Has panic buying and hoarding by non reloaders without actual jobs charging a $1000 for 8lbs of powder caused manufacturers to reassess what people are willing to pay? I'm at a point that I'm going to start buying factory ammo as component prices are much cheaper when you factor in time. While I understand this is all conjecture, what say yall?
I'm a slow reloader and have never thought I'm saving much unless I completely factor out my time........then I feel I'm saving a bit and can delude myself into shooting a bit more. The primary benefit is knowing what I'm shooting. Have done it long enough that, while I'm no Eric Cortina, I am confident of my abilities and my loads and prefer them to the unknown, however good it might be. I'm mostly limited to 500 yards in my shooting, so until I can get to a longer range on a regular basis, I admit I am kinda guessing about the quality of my reloading. But it's like cutting the grass, very therapeutic and saves me at least a little.

it doesn't matter
that's directly from berger. I called about a loading question , then asked them the age old primer question, large rifle or magnum large rifle primer, does it matter? Quote "no" . Personally i'll take them on their word as they probably know more than i do. (or many others)

This sounds like someone is bitching that they haven’t been stocking up
Yep go buy a truckload of toilet paper!!! Stock up? I do not buy a 3 year supply of toilet paper, meat, veggies, milk! Powder either. One issue that I have not seen mentioned as a cause of the shortage and high prices is things like why diamonds are so expensive - control of supply and mergers and buyouts. As an example, who has bought out most powder makers, bullets, etc. It seems only cases have escaped this merger/buyout control of market in any large way. If I owned most toilet paper factories, I could be pretty rich and not give a SH..T.