• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What is the best 5.56 scope?

vvpst01.jpg

Sawman that is exactly how I will have mine set up when it comes in except my red dot will be down near the rail.

I have a Bushnell LRS 2.5-16x42 SFP. It's awesome. You can buy better glass, but it will cost you quite a bit. I can see very well from 30 yards to 800. I'm not saying I shoot that gun that far, but it shoots 500 to 6ish pretty well. They list at $1200, but you can find them for less.

Hmmm, this could depend upon your price range for a scope as you can spend a few hundred to several thousands for one. I have first used a Nightforce 8-32x56 along with a 12-42x56, and switched over to a Leopold 40x. Also, it depends upon what kind of shooting you wish to do, Myself, I like being able to adjust the power when needed and then there are times I want to get up close and personal with the target, but this is only a personal preference. I have heard some say the 56mm Nightforce looks to big sitting on top of an AR15 which I say is not the case..............

SWFA 3-9 or Leupold 3-9 VR-x Patrol I have run both of these scopes on 16 inch 5.56 reece set ups. Had to order a ADM 20 MOA mount for the Lepould because it ran out of elevation at 700 meters.

The nikon m223 is actually a good lil scope with bright glass for a reasonable price

I've read a lot of your posts, many very tongue in cheek. This time I agree with you. The Nikon 223 in 4-16x42 is a very nice scope for an AR and their single mount arrangement is outstanding. You really don't have to spend all of the deployment bonus on 1 piece of glass. I have one and like it very much.