• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars What Knife is in your pocket right now?

i'm surprised it doesn't cost more. but it's certainly not worth what they're asking. Take some steel from Chad and add some wood and boom a $300 knife becomes $2k

Skallywag Privateer. Been there for a few years now, just keeps taking whatever I throw at it.

Want very much….but would never pay that money.

Is it okay to want this only for the scales?

View attachment 8194982

Yeesh...

$2k for VG-10 is bananas. For that kind of money I'd expect tungsten carbide or an exotic steel like Rex-121 or Maxamet... with scales made petrified mahogany reclaimed from the grand staircase of the titanic.

That's a $75 knife. It looks like it was made from a folder kit from Jantz Knife Supply:

Want very much….but would never pay that money.

Is it okay to want this only for the scales?

View attachment 8194982

That's beautiful. I have several pieces from William Henry and it's absolute art. My favorite two are my money clip with woolly mammoth tusk and koftgari 24K gold and second would be my "Blue Ridge" bracelet.

Yeesh...

$2k for VG-10 is bananas. For that kind of money I'd expect tungsten carbide or an exotic steel like Rex-121 or Maxamet... with scales made petrified mahogany reclaimed from the grand staircase of the titanic.

That's a $75 knife. It looks like it was made from a folder kit from Jantz Knife Supply:

Spoken like a poor. You don't buy William Henry stuff for steel specs dude.

i'm surprised it doesn't cost more. but it's certainly not worth what they're asking. Take some steel from Chad and add some wood and boom a $300 knife becomes $2k
That’s not any wood.

The California was sunk at Pearl Harbor and raised to fight.

Lots of cool 03s still exist that were salvaged from her.

Reactions: Sandhog308
That's beautiful. I have several pieces from William Henry and it's absolute art. My favorite two are my money clip with woolly mammoth tusk and koftgari 24K gold and second would be my "Blue Ridge" bracelet.
My wife gave me one of the Jap sourced William Henry’s from the days when they came with a “knife holster”.

I love it. Has to be twenty years old now.

The holster is getting beat. It was my daily carry when in uniform and not having to clip/Unclip - only draw from the little holster - it kept from having the clip wear out the pocket it rode.

Tried to get another holster from them but no go.

Reactions: redneckbmxer24
That’s not any wood.

The California was sunk at Pearl Harbor and raised to fight.

Lots of cool 03s still exist that were salvaged from her.
oh i understand where the wood comes from. it's very cool. and assume it comes with certificate of authenticity

Right now I've got a modified Kabar Jarosz Turok in my belt, Kabar "wrench knife" in a leg pocket, and some sort of Kizer folder in S35VN in my hip pocket.

The folder gets used for chore duty the most, but that little Kabar wrench knife could take it's place pretty easy; it's just so handy I end up using it instead a lot of the time. It's definitely one of the coolest knives in my collection these days, not because of price but just the neat design and how it was made. Looks just like I've got a crescent wrench in my pants leg pocket.

Kabar Forged Wrench Knife

My wife gave me one of the Jap sourced William Henry’s from the days when they came with a “knife holster”.

I love it. Has to be twenty years old now.

The holster is getting beat. It was my daily carry when in uniform and not having to clip/Unclip - only draw from the little holster - it kept from having the clip wear out the pocket it rode.

Tried to get another holster from them but no go.

@pmclaine if it’s a leather holster I have a guy who could spin you one up. Feel free to shoot me a message if you want, I’ll get you his name.

Spoken like a poor. You don't buy William Henry stuff for steel specs dude.
Damn, redneck... you sound just like my wife when she buys a new handbag.

My knives are for cutting things. My watches are for keeping time. My only piece of jewelry is my wedding ring and I went with tungsten so that I always have a bottle opener attached to my ring finger. Man jewelry just isn't my thing.

Different strokes, I guess.

Last edited:
@pmclaine if it’s a leather holster I have a guy who could spin you one up. Feel free to shoot me a message if you want, I’ll get you his name.
“Holster”

image.jpg

image.jpg

Knife

image.jpg

Reactions: Modoc
I just got me an outdoor edge razor edge.
Super light and comes with 6 replaceable shaving sharp blades....its or a spyderco or cold steel but its ALWSYS razor sharp. It rides in my pocket but does have a steel pocket clip. Leatherman wave rides in my other pocket. I work in a shipyard...I haven't found a piece of rope it wont cut yet....
Worth a look...enjoy whatever ya get.

If I'm not traveling for work I carry a Strider folder. When I have to fly somewhere for work I carry a Kershaw Blur or Spyderco Delica both with partial serration. I usually have to cut a bunch of zip ties for our booth set up or other events. If they are stolen from my check on it won't hurt so bad. Had a ZT 56something with an Elmax blade get jacked. I was pretty pissed because they discontinued that model with Elmax. I learned no more nice knives if I have to fly. $50-60 isn't so bad to recover.

I've been carrying a Benchmade 630 for a better part of a decade (probably longer) until I just recently replaced it with the Protech Malibu:

View attachment 8196281
I like that a lot. I’ve always had a thing for wharncliffe blades.

I’m a cheap bastard when it comes to pocket knives. I lose or break them too frequently. I carry either a Gerber Mini-Covert FAST, or a Kershaw-Emerson CQC-4k every day. Cheap, durable, and easily sharpened or replaced.

Kershaw Blur Tanto / Serrated for the last 12 years. Sandvik 14C28N steel is easy to sharp after abusive use and it still holds an edge.

Bought it as a blem from the KershawGuy and couldn't find a blem.

I used to carry a Benchmade Griptilian but now I rotate between a Pro-Tech TR-3 S45VN blade or a Spyderco Manix 2 XL S30V blade.

Leatherman Wave + and a rotation of CRKT M16-14SFG, M16-02S Classic , or a Benchmade Mel Pardue that’s been around the block a few times.

Benchmade Arvensis and WPS Push along with a folder. Lately I've been carrying my Hogue EX-A05 4" or my Benchmade Vector, but I also keep the Benchmade Bedlam auto and ZT 562 and 456 in rotation.

I carry the benchmade Arcane with black aluminum grips and S90v stainless blade. I really like this knife

Kershaw Blur Tanto / Serrated for the last 12 years. Sandvik 14C28N steel is easy to sharp after abusive use and it still holds an edge.

Bought it as a blem from the KershawGuy and couldn't find a blem.

Do you think the extra $20 for the S30V is worth it? I’m seriously considering this knife

Do you think the extra $20 for the S30V is worth it? I’m seriously considering this knife

The Sandvik 14C28N stainless blade on mine is one of the best blades I've owned. Holds an edge well and easy to sharpen. Tough rugged knife too. I broke the tip off and reground it and it's even more stabby.
1691334183885.jpeg

Last edited:
I carry the benchmade Arcane with black aluminum grips and S90v stainless blade. I really like this knife
I really wanted to like the Arcane, but it was way too small and slick. It made a great first knife for my oldest daughter when she was 14. She's carried it for about 4 years now.

I really wanted to like the Arcane, but it was way too small and slick. It made a great first knife for my oldest daughter when she was 14. She's carried it for about 4 years now.
I don't like bulky knives. It's a little on the small side but fits my hand well and is not bulky at all

I have a bit of a knife addiction...

When I was getting my kit set up for my flintlock rifle(s) I was buying a different knife every week. I think I have enough laying around that I could skin a diesel locomotive and not have to sharpen one until I got done.

As far as my EDC knife... I carry 2. Both are Chinese POS. I abuse knives doing electrical work and won't carry a nice one. One is some knock-off "trapper" model and the other is a "tactical" OTF... Which is handy as hell when you're up on a ladder and only have one hand free.

One day I'll buy a nice knife to carry.

Mike

I have a bit of a knife addiction...

When I was getting my kit set up for my flintlock rifle(s) I was buying a different knife every week. I think I have enough laying around that I could skin a diesel locomotive and not have to sharpen one until I got done.

As far as my EDC knife... I carry 2. Both are Chinese POS. I abuse knives doing electrical work and won't carry a nice one. One is some knock-off "trapper" model and the other is a "tactical" OTF... Which is handy as hell when you're up on a ladder and only have one hand free.

One day I'll buy a nice knife to carry.

Mike
At least you recognize your addiction , that’s a major step ! Go buy another knife today , no use getting a blade jones 🍻

Reactions: OkieMike
At least you recognize your addiction , that’s a major step ! Go buy another knife today , no use getting a blade jones 🍻
I have an even better idea...

My brother-in-law got a forge and anvil and already made one knife... And for his first attempt it was absolutely fantastic. He may have missed his calling.

I may have to commission a badass knife from him... I have some ideas I'd like to incorporate in a custom build.

Mike

The Sandvik 14C28N stainless blade on mine is one of the best blades I've owned. Holds an edge well and easy to sharpen. Tough rugged knife too. I broke the tip off and reground it and it's even more stabby.
View attachment 8198109

there is a carry knife i can appreciate....someone that uses it.

i think s30v is worth it. 154cm wears down too fast.

a buy pocket knives for a guy that works for me because we use the shit out of them. gave him one years ago that was 154cm. he sharpened that thing ever other day.

a few months back i gave him a s30v blade and he immediately noticed how much longer the edge retained and is a firm believer now.

Reactions: Yondering
i think s30v is worth it. 154cm wears down too fast.

a buy pocket knives for a guy that works for me because we use the shit out of them. gave him one years ago that was 154cm. he sharpened that thing ever other day.

a few months back i gave him a s30v blade and he immediately noticed how much longer the edge retained and is a firm believer now.

The S30V in the Kershaw is $20 more than their Sandvik 14C28N (not 154cm). I've heard the same thing about the S30v though, but I've also heard Kershaw's 14C28N is phenomenal.

Reactions: tucaz
The S30V in the Kershaw is $20 more than their Sandvik 14C28N (not 154cm). I've heard the same thing about the S30v though, but I've also heard Kershaw's 14C28N is phenomenal.
It is. Its what the Swiss makes straight razors out of. It's tough, holds an edge and straps up to a razor sharpness after just a few passes on a wetstone.

I rotate between a Benchmade Adamas and a mini Osborne but may also carry a Boker Barlow or Trapper, ZT 0460, or one of a handful of small Case Texas Toothpicks. I must add that I'm no longer a fan of new Case products. No half stops, cracked pin stock,.... still carry a small USA made Schrade Oldtimer. I have a Kershaw Leek in route.